U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:34 PM
 
39,108 posts, read 20,215,626 times
Reputation: 12653

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I disagree that most rational Americans want the DACAs to remain here since it's not in the interest of most Americans. As I said, by allowing these DACAs to remain here it is rewarding their parents for bringing them here illegally and it will cost 800,000 jobs that should go to Americans. Let me ask you this, what would you do with their parents then since they'd be crying "separation of families" if they were rightfully deported? If they were allowed to remain here also that would be millions being granted amnesty. How is that a good thing?
We can agree to disagree but you have very good points and a good reason we must strengthen our immigration laws and build the wall before DACA. And as we already know, if we give in again, we'll have the same issue down the road. Leftist are hoping we don't build the wall because when they come into power they'll turn their head as we're being over run by illegal immigrants.

Last edited by petch751; 12-31-2017 at 01:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:41 PM
 
Location: Aurora, Colorado
5,438 posts, read 8,099,061 times
Reputation: 4482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump is the President and Commander in Chief and top law enforcer. He ran on bringing law and order back to our nation after years of obama having people under him look the other way when it came to illegal aliens. Sadly many illegal aliens have come from Mexico, Central and South America so that makes them Latino.

The chant of Trump Trump Trump is not so much racist but it is used as a reminder that if you over stayed your visa or snuck into the country you are in fact breaking the law and you should be worried that you might be arrested and sent back.

It is not racism it is enforcing existing laws that we have in place for a reason.
Wow
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:42 PM
 
Location: Florida
62,536 posts, read 34,089,986 times
Reputation: 10383
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We can agree to disagree but you have very good points. That is the reason we must strengthen our immigration laws and build the wall. And as we already know, if we give in again, we'll have the same issue down the road. Leftist are hoping we don't build the wall because when they come into power they'll turn their head as we're being over run by illegal immigrants.
If I was a Dem, I would consider the wall a gift and a valuable vote gainer for the "D" party. In the other hand I am not sure, because the "D"s asked for funds to build the wall only few years ago. However, the wall has nothing to do with the topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:43 PM
 
416 posts, read 198,668 times
Reputation: 536
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump is the President and Commander in Chief and top law enforcer. He ran on bringing law and order back to our nation after years of obama having people under him look the other way when it came to illegal aliens. Sadly many illegal aliens have come from Mexico, Central and South America so that makes them Latino.

The chant of Trump Trump Trump is not so much racist but it is used as a reminder that if you over stayed your visa or snuck into the country you are in fact breaking the law and you should be worried that you might be arrested and sent back.

It is not racism it is enforcing existing laws that we have in place for a reason.

100% fact, thank you

But a simple explanation of the truth is still to difficult for some to understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:47 PM
 
39,108 posts, read 20,215,626 times
Reputation: 12653
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If I was a Dem, I would consider the wall a gift and a valuable vote gainer for the "D" party. In the other hand I am not sure, because the "D"s asked for funds to build the wall only few years ago. However, the wall has nothing to do with the topic.
You don't just treat the symptom without treating the cause... hence the wall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:49 PM
 
Location: Florida
62,536 posts, read 34,089,986 times
Reputation: 10383
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
You don't just treat the symptom without treating the cause.
Sure Adolf, but the fact remains that millions of these people you see as problems, are intact US citizens with the same rights as you and I have.

It is very telling you keep equating all latinos with illegal immigrants. The chanters are doing the same exact thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:51 PM
 
3,888 posts, read 1,180,421 times
Reputation: 3041
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Trump is the very embodiment of racism, hate, and violence.
The Kool aid is strong with this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:55 PM
 
8,026 posts, read 2,359,261 times
Reputation: 5659
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
This is proof positive that Trump has unleashed all the bigotry and hatred in the nation that people were keeping bottled up.
Isn't that a good thing? The bigotry thing is totally bogus -- this has nothing to do with bigotry. But isn't it good that the victims of decades of government racial policy finally feel that they can speak up in their own defense?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 01:58 PM
 
3,888 posts, read 1,180,421 times
Reputation: 3041
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
While this is true it's not the kids fault and I think I'm with most Americans who believe the U.S. is all they know and they should remain. BUT!!! we need to treat the cause of the issue first. Before they are given citizenship, strengthen our stronger laws and border to prevent running into the same problem in the future. It's really just common sense.
"It's the only world they know" argument is weak. Their parents came from the "only world they know" to the US. I've traveled the world to places where I don't know the language, the culture and customs or monetary value, I had to learn real fast in order to get around and stay out of bad situations.

There should be no issues with sending them back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 02:41 PM
 
Location: NE Mississippi
13,427 posts, read 8,452,252 times
Reputation: 19515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Sure Adolf, but the fact remains that millions of these people you see as problems, are intact US citizens with the same rights as you and I have.

It is very telling you keep equating all latinos with illegal immigrants. The chanters are doing the same exact thing.
But isn't that what you on the left do?

We conservatives say, "Expel all illegals", and you claim you hear us saying, "We hate brown people". In other words, no one "equated all latinos with illegals" except you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top