Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 07:12 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
"Google is so easy." "Go Google it." "Do you know how to use Google?" LOL--the last resort insult of people who run out of arguments. Because everything on Google is incontrovertible proof of what's inside people's hearts and minds. These articles still conflate being Latino with being an illegal alien just as Naverette, who is also with CNN, does. No legal citizen or resident would have a problem with Trump supporters chanting his name.

What possible reason could a bunch of (mostly white) students have to chant "Trump!" or "Build that wall!" to students that are mostly Hispanic? What other time has this occurred with another race/ethnicity?

A straight answer, for once, would be nice.

Quote:
Fort Hancock is about an hour south of El Paso, along the Mexican border. The Fort Hancock Independent School District’s student population is 97 percent Hispanic, according to the Fort Worth Star-Telegram...Archer City is about two hours northwest of Dallas, near the Oklahoma border. The Star-Telegram, citing the Texas Education Agency, noted that Archer City High had an enrollment of 384 students last year, 83 percent of whom were white.

The chant(s) is meant to be offensive, mean, hateful, etc, at the very least, and how much further than that (whether they are bigots, etc.), we don't know.

But only the dense/ignorant would deny the former.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
When did I move the goal posts? It was not me who brought up foreign languages it was you. Whatever helps me sleep at night? WTH does that mean?
Yet it was you who quoted my post and responded to me.

And you've tried to use that same pathetic argument in another thread. Justifying why people only complain about Spanish being spoken in public and not other European foreign languages.

If you can't put 2 and 2 together, I really can't help you.

Old 01-02-2018, 07:25 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
Would this be within the context Hispanic activists waving the Mexican wave and carrying signs that say Make America Mexico again or bashing Trump pinatas? Trump won one-third of the Latino vote. Stop speaking as if all Latinos are against enforcement of immigration law and hate American sovereignty.
I'm not against enforcement of immigration laws.

Why do you think I am??

Nor did I say Latino or Hispanic Americans can't support immigration enforcement.

Very strange response since that had nothing to do with anything that I wrote. Which is simply that assuming something about someone because of their race or ethnicity is the definition of racism.

Old 01-03-2018, 04:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
What possible reason could a bunch of (mostly white) students have to chant "Trump!" or "Build that wall!" to students that are mostly Hispanic? What other time has this occurred with another race/ethnicity?
I suppose it compares to a black audience chanting Black Panthers chants or "BLM" at a white basketball player.

No, it has not happened before.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:59 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:

A straight answer, for once, would be nice.

The chant(s) is meant to be offensive, mean, hateful, etc, at the very least, and how much further than that (whether they are bigots, etc.), we don't know.

But only the dense/ignorant would deny the former.

On the other hand, why would Hispanic students here legally take offense at it? A straight answer, for once would be nice.

It's not hateful for students or anyone else here illegally to hear chants of Trump, etc. It should remind them that our president isn't going to tolerate their presence here nor should any of the rest of us. Nothing bigoted about it either. Only the pro-illegals like yourself would have a problem with it.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:03 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Yet it was you who quoted my post and responded to me.

And you've tried to use that same pathetic argument in another thread. Justifying why people only complain about Spanish being spoken in public and not other European foreign languages.

If you can't put 2 and 2 together, I really can't help you.

Yes I did but you were the one who moved the goal posts by your initial remarks since this topic isn't about language usage. Since when aren't we allowed to respond to them? My remarks may be a pathetic argument to you but in truth it's the facts. I already explained that I don't hear any other foreign languages being spoken in my area or at least very little compared to Spanish so why would I complain about them? Where I live I feel like I'm living in Mexico. I have no idea what you mean by your last sentence.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:08 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,710 times
Quote:
Depending on where you live it would depend on how often a certain language is spoken. Where I live you can't go anywhere without hearing Spanish, not any other foreign language so why would I complain about someone speaking another language when I don't even hear it? Not only that but I know it's being spoken here so often because of the large number of illegal aliens in this area. Signs everywhere are also in Spanish so it's being shoved down our throats.

Why do you care what language people are using if they are not speaking to you? We all know why this bothers you so much, so why do you always attempt to dance around what is so plainly obvious?

I also wonder why a person like you that hates Latinos so much continues to live in California. You could move anytime to Wyoming or North Dakota and probably never hear or see another Spanish speaking or brown skinned person for the remainder of your life, which appears to be what you want.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:32 AM

Quote:
On the other hand, why would Hispanic students here legally take offense at it? A straight answer, for once would be nice.

It's not hateful for students or anyone else here illegally to hear chants of Trump, etc. It should remind them that our president isn't going to tolerate their presence here nor should any of the rest of us. Nothing bigoted about it either. Only the pro-illegals like yourself would have a problem with it.
So you deflect and don’t even answer the question. How typical.

The question you asked has been answered by other posters numerous times. Even the remedial can understand, but then there are those who make being obtuse a hobby.

Why would white students chant “Build the Wall” to Hispanic students and why haven’t we seen videos or stories of white students doing it to other races or ethnicities?

If you can’t answer it, then quit wasting my time.

And where did I say anything about being pro-illegal? Good grief, you Trump supporters are just something else.

Quote:
Yes I did but you were the one who moved the goal posts by your initial remarks since this topic isn't about language usage. Since when aren't we allowed to respond to them? My remarks may be a pathetic argument to you but in truth it's the facts. I already explained that I don't hear any other foreign languages being spoken in my area or at least very little compared to Spanish so why would I complain about them? Where I live I feel like I'm living in Mexico. I have no idea what you mean by your last sentence.
Look at those goalposts move.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Why do you care what language people are using if they are not speaking to you? We all know why this bothers you so much, so why do you always attempt to dance around what is so plainly obvious?

I also wonder why a person like you that hates Latinos so much continues to live in California. You could move anytime to Wyoming or North Dakota and probably never hear or see another Spanish speaking or brown skinned person for the remainder of your life, which appears to be what you want.
It’s because they’re Hispanic. Nothing more, nothing less.

That poster doesn’t care if the foreign language spoken is from an Asian or European country.

Anyone who’s been to a city like NYC knows you would hear foreign languages all day in public spaces, but losers who spend all day in their basement and homogeneous bubbles only care when it’s those brown people not speaking “American”.

Old 01-03-2018, 08:37 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
The question you asked has been answered by other posters numerous times. Even the remedial can understand, but then there are those who make being obtuse a hobby.

Look at those goalposts move.
Your remarks are a logical fallacy with a little ad hominem mixed in.

You attempt to win argument by asking what people were thinking who yelled "Trump".

Nobody knows that but them. And that isn't even the point.

The point is that others (A reporter giving opinion) claimed they were being racist. That is their burden to prove. So far, that has not been proven at all in this topic. And your fallacious question doesn't change this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies