Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 08:55 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,169,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Your remarks are a logical fallacy with a little ad hominem mixed in.

You attempt to win argument by asking what people were thinking who yelled "Trump".

Nobody knows that but them. And that isn't even the point.

The point is that others (A reporter giving opinion) claimed they were being racist. That is their burden to prove. So far, that has not been proven at all in this topic. And your fallacious question doesn't change this.
And as I said before, only the obtuse and ignorant don’t believe the nature and reasoning of these chants, hence the deflections and weak arguments.

What an interesting perspective, coming from the side that likes to make assumptions about anyone who doesn’t support Trump.

So maybe instead of jumping into conversations that don’t concern you, you can actually respond to posters in your own thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 09:02 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
So you deflect and don’t even answer the question. How typical.

The question you asked has been answered by other posters numerous times. Even the remedial can understand, but then there are those who make being obtuse a hobby.

Why would white students chant “Build the Wall” to Hispanic students and why haven’t we seen videos or stories of white students doing it to other races or ethnicities?

If you can’t answer it, then quit wasting my time.

And where did I say anything about being pro-illegal? Good grief, you Trump supporters are just something else.

Look at those goalposts move.

Just what question didn't I answer? No, not one of you has answered the question "why would Hispanics here legally take offense at the chant, Trump, Trump"? Still waiting for you to answer that. As for Hispanics here illegally why would we care if we offend them? They are offending us by being here. It's also a fact that most illegals are Hispanics so if the targeted group was Hispanics here illegally that would only make sense. Building the wall is just a part of ridding ourselves of them.

So, I have answered/explained all of your questions you just don't like the answers because pro-illegals like yourself have a chip on your shoulder over Hispanics here illegally and probably Hispanics in general. So, yes you are pro-illegal. Why aren't Hispanics more vocal about opposing illegal immigration instead of demanding amnesty for them? It's kind of a tell all, IMO. Again, it is you who moved the goal posts by turning the topic to language usage. Don't worry, I don't want to waste my time on you anymore either. Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:03 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
Quote:
And as I said before, only the obtuse and ignorant don’t believe the nature and reasoning of these chants, hence the deflections and weak arguments.
So now your argument is "if you don't agree with me, then you are obtuse & ignorant". Followed by insulting me in regards to participating in this topic.

Ad hominem fallacy.

You simply want to cry "racist" then attack anyone who disagrees. Nothing more to it than that.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:08 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
So now your argument is "if you don't agree with me, then you are obtuse & ignorant". Followed by insulting me in regards to participating in this topic.

Ad hominem fallacy.

You simply want to cry "racist" then attack anyone who disagrees. Nothing more to it than that.
Agreed! There is nothing racist about chanting, Trump, Trump even if many of the students were Hispanics. Why would those here legally have a problem with that? They never answer that question. It's not even racist if many of them were here illegally. Illegal alien isn't a race and they need to be reminded that our president is going to enforce our immigration laws against them and every other illegal in this country. The fact remains though that the overwhelming majority of them are Hispanics.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:12 AM

Quote:

Ad hominem fallacy.

My argument is in post 171, which no one has yet to answer or counter. Deflections and reusing terms from an obviously limited vocabulary is the tactic when one is being obtuse and ignorant.

Racist? I never said anything about the chants being racist. In fact:

Quote:
The chant(s) is meant to be offensive, mean, hateful, etc, at the very least, and how much further than that (whether they are bigots, etc.), we don't know.

Looks like you are guilty of the very same thing you claimed the author was doing in your last post.

Lol.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:19 AM

Quote:
My argument is in post 171, which no one has yet to answer or counter. .
It was absolutely answered in my first remark to you.

Nobody knows but them.

YOU simply don't want to acknowledge it. But of course you can't cry "racist" if you do.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just what question didn't I answer?

Quote:
What possible reason could a bunch of (mostly white) students have to chant "Trump!" or "Build that wall!" to students that are mostly Hispanic? What other time has this occurred with another race/ethnicity?
Zero answers.

Quote:
No, not one of you has answered the question "why would Hispanics here legally take offense at the chant, Trump, Trump"? Still waiting for you to answer that.
Because it's been answered several times.

One more time for the remedial:

Quote:
If you start chanting "Trump, Trump, Trump!!" at a group of Latinos/Hispanics, simply because they are Latino/Hispanic, that is racism (i.e. pretty much the definition of racism).

You are assuming that they are here illegally simply because they are Latino/Hispanic.
Quote:
As for Hispanics here illegally why would we care if we offend them? They are offending us by being here. It's also a fact that most illegals are Hispanics so if the targeted group was Hispanics here illegally that would only make sense. Building the wall is just a part of ridding ourselves of them.

Nobody is talking about illegal immigrants. They are talking about assuming people are illegal, because they are Hispanic.

Quote:
So, I have answered/explained all of your questions you just don't like the answers because pro-illegals like yourself have a chip on your shoulder over Hispanics here illegally and probably Hispanics in general. So, yes you are pro-illegal. Why aren't Hispanics more vocal about opposing illegal immigration instead of demanding amnesty for them? It's kind of a tell all, IMO. Again, it is you who moved the goal posts by turning the topic to language usage. Don't worry, I don't want to waste my time on you anymore either. Welcome to my ignore list.

Peace.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:21 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,046,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Trump is the President and Commander in Chief and top law enforcer. He ran on bringing law and order back to our nation after years of obama having people under him look the other way when it came to illegal aliens. Sadly many illegal aliens have come from Mexico, Central and South America so that makes them Latino.

The chant of Trump Trump Trump is not so much racist but it is used as a reminder that if you over stayed your visa or snuck into the country you are in fact breaking the law and you should be worried that you might be arrested and sent back.

It is not racism it is enforcing existing laws that we have in place for a reason.
THIS!!! And thank goodness we finally have a Commander in Chief that is "FOR" our country, not against.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:24 AM

Quote:
It was absolutely answered in my first remark to you.

Nobody knows but them.

YOU simply don't want to acknowledge it. But of course you can't cry "racist" if you do.
You most certainly did not.

Quote:
What possible reason could a bunch of (mostly white) students have to chant "Trump!" or "Build that wall!" to students that are mostly Hispanic? What other time has this occurred with another race/ethnicity?
Here's your last chance to do so.

And since you don't like quoting the entire post (we all know why):

Quote:

Ad hominem fallacy.

Racist? I never said anything about the chants being racist. In fact:

Quote:
The chant(s) is meant to be offensive, mean, hateful, etc, at the very least, and how much further than that (whether they are bigots, etc.), we don't know.

Looks like you are guilty of the very same thing you claimed the author was doing in your last post.

Lol.

So you can stop claiming I played any "race" card when it's quite obvious I did not.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Zero answers.
Because it's been answered several times. One more time for the remedial:
Nobody is talking about illegal immigrants. They are talking about assuming people are illegal, because they are Hispanic. Peace.
Summary.

Incorrect. You were given an answer.
Remedial? = ad hominem fallacy
pointless emoticon
Yes they are.
Telling us what others are thinking again.
pointless emoticon
pointless emoticon
pointless platitude

You have no argument.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies