Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 11:25 AM

613 posts, read 463,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
And if that straight white male is also a short, poor, ugly, disabled immigrant, he is at the "height of privilege"? Its stupid to generalize like you do.

Everyone has advantages and disadvantages in various situations. Thats not the same as "privilege".
Ok, well, would you rather be a poor Black man in America or a poor White man? Of the two, who do you think would have more opportunities presented to them?

Some of you are living in a fantasy world. Must be nice. Baltimore isn’t all Black btw. I experienced my first act of racism there, just so you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 11:39 AM

78,364 posts, read 60,556,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
The difference is that you will not find any Democratic president who'll defend her.

On the other hand, if she is White and said only Whites will comment. Trump will be on it right away! He's got her back.

Step 1: Make up an event that didn't happen.
Step 2: Make up response to event that didn't happen.
Step 3: Condemn them for it.

Lol...It's like that time you were swimming but got a cramp and I dove in and saved you. Then you said I was super awesome and we hi-fived. So, thanks for the compliment.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:49 AM

14,221 posts, read 6,958,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Ok, well, would you rather be a poor Black man in America or a poor White man? Of the two, who do you think would have more opportunities presented to them?

Some of you are living in a fantasy world. Must be nice. Baltimore isn’t all Black btw. I experienced my first act of racism there, just so you know.
Perhaps the Asian man? Who knows, what we do know is that Asians are far less likely to get shot by the police than whites and earn more money than whites and blacks as well. What I do know is that I have met very few black people who wish they were anything other than black.

Or perhaps its better to be a black child than a white child who is bullied in a majority black area for being white? The way you generalize is ridiculous. Not everyone who is white is "privileged". You know fully well that the reason this racist statement about "black journalists only please" gets a pass is because of their skin color. It would never fly if a white person had said that. By your own definition of privilege, that is "black privilege".

Old 01-04-2018, 12:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,356,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Perhaps the Asian man? Who knows, what we do know is that Asians are far less likely to get shot by the police than whites and earn more money than whites and blacks as well. What I do know is that I have met very few black people who wish they were anything other than black.

Or perhaps its better to be a black child than a white child who is bullied in a majority black area for being white? The way you generalize is ridiculous. Not everyone who is white is "privileged". You know fully well that the reason this racist statement about "black journalists only please" gets a pass is because of their skin color. It would never fly if a white person had said that. By your own definition of privilege, that is "black privilege".
You're using the same logic and rules that the other side invented...they never like that.

That's a shame someone in charge of her Twitter page did this.

Old 01-04-2018, 11:49 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMysterious View Post
Um, no, there is no such thing as Black privilege. Try again. Sure, minorities have things like affirmative action so that they would have equal opportunities as whites, not more. But there aren't any advantages to being born Black in this country, society (as a whole) doesn't intrinsically treat you better just for having dark skin. Have you ever heard of such a thing???

The Straight White Male is the height of privilege in America. Just look at your president. Do you think literally anyone else would have gotten away with the trash he's tweeted, or the things he's said or done???? Denying White privilege doesn't make it less real.

No one's saying you have to be ashamed to be White. Accepting your privilege doesn't mean you're succumbing to guilt or whatever. Just be mindful of it and respect others. That's all you have to do.

I regards to Erica Garner's family, good for them! In their shoes, I'd want the same thing.
Don't kid yourself. Obama got away with Treasonous acts of Congress and bypassing the constitution numerous times because Republicans did not want to bring impeachment proceedings against the nations first black POTUS. If that is not the ultimate " black privilege" I don't know what is. The best is that I agreed with Congress. No one wanted to rock the boat when Obama was in office.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:15 AM

2,678 posts, read 1,700,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
Don't kid yourself. Obama got away with Treasonous acts of Congress and bypassing the constitution numerous times because Republicans did not want to bring impeachment proceedings against the nations first black POTUS. If that is not the ultimate " black privilege" I don't know what is. The best is that I agreed with Congress. No one wanted to rock the boat when Obama was in office.
If Obama did half the things that Trump (grab her by the *****, and others) did he would have been history and you know it...but, yea, black privilege.

Must be nice lying to yourself.

Your posts don’t have anything to do with privilege, for anyone, but rather your personal resentment for black people.

Old 01-06-2018, 06:08 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relaxx View Post
If Obama did half the things that Trump (grab her by the *****, and others) did he would have been history and you know it...but, yea, black privilege.

Must be nice lying to yourself.

Your posts don’t have anything to do with privilege, for anyone, but rather your personal resentment for black people.
That's a new one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies