U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-30-2017, 07:17 PM
 
14,208 posts, read 6,114,901 times
Reputation: 8857

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As many of you all have heard, Erica Garner (daughter of Eric Garner, who died while resisting arrest by the NYPD) passed away after suffering a heart attack brought upon by an asthma attack. I believe she was 27 and with two young children, which makes her death all the more tragic. Since her passing, however, whoever is controlling her Twitter page posted this gem of a message for journalists seeking comment on the situation at hand:



Of course, you haven't heard a peep from the MSM condemning/calling out this blatant racism.

The ironic thing is that people across all racial and political lines believe in the need for policing reform. But when you have some who consistently try to racialize matters, you will never have the unity that you need to truly bring about reform.
If her family only wants black journalists to reply, then respect that. Who cares? Maybe she was very angry about the media treatment of her father’s case so they feel this would be what she wanted. I really have no problem with it.

But I do agree with your overall sentiment that it pushes away various people that would otherwise be an asset to their cause. Too bad they don’t want that, but it’s their choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-30-2017, 07:49 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,318,821 times
Reputation: 7449
Liberal racists can get away with it, so they do.

Look at all the C-D posters excusing this bit of racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2017, 08:11 PM
 
8,083 posts, read 5,295,646 times
Reputation: 9241
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Liberal racists can get away with it, so they do.

Look at all the C-D posters excusing this bit of racism.
There is a tweet from her stating that Jesus was Black. Sometimes you have to realize that there is no point in arguing with another person.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-30-2017, 10:26 PM
 
714 posts, read 293,100 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Liberal racists can get away with it, so they do.

Look at all the C-D posters excusing this bit of racism.
Not true, i vote left and i do not agree with the post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 06:00 PM
 
Location: Middle of the Pacific Ocean
11,710 posts, read 6,293,874 times
Reputation: 11550
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If her family only wants black journalists to reply, then respect that. Who cares? Maybe she was very angry about the media treatment of her fatherís case so they feel this would be what she wanted. I really have no problem with it.

But I do agree with your overall sentiment that it pushes away various people that would otherwise be an asset to their cause. Too bad they donít want that, but itís their choice.
I care, especially as it relates to the double standard seen by the lack of media coverage of this racism. I care because this statement does more to divide than unite. I care because I choose to stand against racism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 06:08 PM
 
Location: Los Awesome, CA
8,520 posts, read 5,007,252 times
Reputation: 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As many of you all have heard, Erica Garner (daughter of Eric Garner, who died while resisting arrest by the NYPD) passed away after suffering a heart attack brought upon by an asthma attack. I believe she was 27 and with two young children, which makes her death all the more tragic. Since her passing, however, whoever is controlling her Twitter page posted this gem of a message for journalists seeking comment on the situation at hand:



Of course, you haven't heard a peep from the MSM condemning/calling out this blatant racism.

The ironic thing is that people across all racial and political lines believe in the need for policing reform. But when you have some who consistently try to racialize matters, you will never have the unity that you need to truly bring about reform.
I can understand their family's stance after we all witnessed her dad being murdered in cold blood and than seeing the criminals walk free... All the white supremacists and their sympathizers are going nuts because of this Tweet... To each their own...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Boston
7,868 posts, read 2,288,373 times
Reputation: 5582
another dead racist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 06:12 PM
 
Location: Los Awesome, CA
8,520 posts, read 5,007,252 times
Reputation: 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
If her family only wants black journalists to reply, then respect that. Who cares? Maybe she was very angry about the media treatment of her fatherís case so they feel this would be what she wanted. I really have no problem with it.

But I do agree with your overall sentiment that it pushes away various people that would otherwise be an asset to their cause. Too bad they donít want that, but itís their choice.
Their case is settled and it was a miscarriage of justice.. You have to speak to your enemy in a language they understand. Protesting only goes so far...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 06:44 PM
 
26,696 posts, read 19,065,560 times
Reputation: 14265
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I can understand their family's stance after we all witnessed her dad being murdered in cold blood and than seeing the criminals walk free... All the white supremacists and their sympathizers are going nuts because of this Tweet... To each their own...
so hilarious to see one of C-D's premiere 'racism!!'-shriekers justify racism.
amusing, telling and expected.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-31-2017, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Los Awesome, CA
8,520 posts, read 5,007,252 times
Reputation: 3304
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
so hilarious to see one of C-D's premiere 'racism!!'-shriekers justify racism.
amusing, telling and expected.
I knew you'll be one of the CD posters going crazy about this.

I never said I agree with what was Tweeted; All I said is that I understand where this is coming from.. I know, it's easier to make baseless claims instead of posting an intelligent response... This women's dad was killed in cold blood. Naturally the family is going to be emotional...

I'm here to fight against white supremacy, not appease it...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top