U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 03:16 PM

3,334 posts, read 2,311,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Hero or not, he didn't deserve to be killed like that in cold blood. It's disgusting how people can just get online and undervalue lives just because they're black...
I agree with you. America has serious race issues. Mr Garner did NOT commit a crime deserving of death, whatever his prior faults were, he did not deserve it.

I feel their pain:
I liken it to my cousin who was killed for the "crime" of enjoying a summer night at Milwaukee's Lakefront, after serving his country that he loved. He was chased by some racist ghetto thugs 4, jumped into the water hit his head and died, while his pursuers laughed. They confessed that they wanted to get some white dudes, and they did. 4 guys vs 2 (no shock)They got sickeningly light sentences; just another dead honky, who cares, gotta right those past wrongs you know. Was that really why? given the social climate in 1990 Milwaukee, yeah it was. I HATED those cowards that did it-still do.

Injustices go both ways, it's just that when blacks get wronged-and I freely admit , they do a TON more than whites,that generates more media coverage these days. Someday the pendulum will swing to the middle where it should have been all along, where cops stop killing innocent citizens, and MLK's dream DOES come true. Until then, hate and divisiveness will rule.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 03:19 PM

2,028 posts, read 668,991 times
I love that the family did that. If you're upset that black people want to control their own narrative then oh well. Yall the same people calling everything "fake news" until black people say the media is "fake news" too, then you're pro-media all of a sudden. Like i always say, people feel a certain way about things, until black people are involved then they completely flipflop. LOL.

Old 01-01-2018, 04:42 PM

35,704 posts, read 10,574,417 times
The fact that it's a private Twitter account (hers, actually, so now we know they're transferable) has NOTHING to do with the clearly racist request.

But then, it's not news that the racist door has always swung both ways.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:14 PM

14,234 posts, read 6,135,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Their case is settled and it was a miscarriage of justice.. You have to speak to your enemy in a language they understand. Protesting only goes so far...
Weíre not your enemy. If you want to change perceptions and biases, thatís not the way to go.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:32 PM

8,526 posts, read 12,484,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Whose side did you take when the cops choked her father to death over loose cigs?
Being in the NYC news media, I've seen that video dozens of times.

The cops should have been held responsible for his death.

Erica jumped on Sharptons race wagon and continued after her death with someone using her tweet account.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:35 PM

50,783 posts, read 26,806,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Weíre not your enemy. If you want to change perceptions and biases, thatís not the way to go.
The NYPD illegally killed her father with a chokehold over suspicion that he was selling loose cigs...although no evidence exists that he was doing that. And EVERYONE on the scene says that he was simply breaking up a fight.

Now, whose side were you on? Because if youíre on the copís side,youíre their enemy.

Old 01-01-2018, 05:51 PM

8,520 posts, read 5,015,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I never said you were my enemy. I'm saying those that undervalue black lives, discriminate against us and kill us unjustly are my enemies. I don't care about changing "perceptions" and "biases". That's not my goal nor should it be. Throughout the history of our country there has always been those that subscribe to white supremacy and there always will be. It's more important to hit these people in the mouths than to influence them to be loving and accepting...

Old 01-01-2018, 05:52 PM

50,783 posts, read 26,806,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Being in the NYC news media, I've seen that video dozens of times.

The cops should have been held responsible for his death.

Erica jumped on Sharptons race wagon and continued after her death with someone using her tweet account.
Sharptonís race wagon? If not for Sharpton, they were gonna sweep it under the rug and furthermore, the cops tried to intimidate Gardnerís friend by arresting him later on weak charges. Sharpton got those charges dropped by publicizing the arrest.

So thanks to Al Sharpton.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:17 PM

3,437 posts, read 942,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As many of you all have heard, Erica Garner (daughter of Eric Garner, who died while resisting arrest by the NYPD) passed away after suffering a heart attack brought upon by an asthma attack. I believe she was 27 and with two young children, which makes her death all the more tragic. Since her passing, however, whoever is controlling her Twitter page posted this gem of a message for journalists seeking comment on the situation at hand:

Of course, you haven't heard a peep from the MSM condemning/calling out this blatant racism.

The ironic thing is that people across all racial and political lines believe in the need for policing reform. But when you have some who consistently try to racialize matters, you will never have the unity that you need to truly bring about reform.
Maybe somebody hacked her account. Happen all of the time.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:24 PM

8,526 posts, read 12,484,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Sharptonís race wagon? If not for Sharpton, they were gonna sweep it under the rug and furthermore, the cops tried to intimidate Gardnerís friend by arresting him later on weak charges. Sharpton got those charges dropped by publicizing the arrest.

So thanks to Al Sharpton.
Being the same age as Sharpton, he's the #1 race baiter I've ever seen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or