Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 11:06 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,844,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It's been quite a year .

We've had the media and liberals freaking out over every single thing Trump has done .

It all turned out to be nonsense and they are looking like Boy who Cried wolf .

The world didn't end . And most are doing better financially this year versus last .

Anyone check their 401k accounts recently ? Dow up like 25 percent . Unemployment low etc .

Maybe liberals should make it New Years resolution to stop hating our President and freaking out over nothing .

In other words Keep Calm .. and Make America Great Again !

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
If all it takes to make you happy is for your 401k to be doing well then you must have loved the last 8 years.

In Jan 2017 I was ready to give Trump a chance. That didn't even last a single day. His presidency has been offensive since at least Our Dear Leader's speech at the CIA. Nothing he has done since has altered my opinion. In fact it has only solidified.

Hating a president isn't worth my time or energy, but advocating against Our Dear Leader's destructive policies more vigorously is a good New Year's resolution.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:14 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
I'm not nor have I ever been easily offended by words. Actions are really what matters to me. I don't give a crap what stupid bumbly thing Trump is saying on Twitter, or what size his pants are, how many scoops of ice cream he eats, what tone his skin color is, or how he manages to wrap his hair around his head like cotton candy. I don't care if Canada, Australia, and the UK don't like Trump. Their opinions do not affect my life. It's just static to me.

What matters are his actions. My 401k is up, unemployment is down, the economy appears to continue to improve, we are seeing some overreaching federal entities rightfully get their asses kicked, we're finally doing something about unchecked immigration and lawless behavior of illegals, and we just had our first major tax overhaul in many decades. These are all positive things.

I can handle the fact that our POTUS (whom I did not vote for) is a goofy bastage prone to moments of complete buffoonery as long as his actions improve America's bottom line. So far the improvements outweigh my concerns about the POTUS.

I can't stop hysterical people from being hysterical. For most of those personality types, they require anger and outrage just in order to feel alive. If not Trump, it will just be something else that they negatively focus on. I feel sorry for them. I'm living a great life right now and I'm thankful for every day of it. I got no time for petty groupthink.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:18 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
It's been quite a year .

We've had the media and liberals freaking out over every single thing Trump has done .

The world didn't end . And most are doing better financially this year versus last .

Anyone check their 401k accounts recently ? Dow up like 25 percent . Unemployment low etc .

Maybe liberals should make it New Years resolution to stop hating our President and freaking out over nothing .

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Simply put -- no not going to do it.

Not going to hate Trump less.

Nope -- not at all.

None of it.

I live a good life -- happy person and I have no problem balancing my dislike of the man (not his party) and my good life.

Thanks for the suggestion. Hope you have a wonderful New Year.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:21 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Trump does everything he possibly can to annoy, divide, anger and offend people. He succeeds in that mightily.

He has also succeeded in becoming even less popular this year, with more people than ever wanting him gone.

Snowflakes who aren't happy because people still despise their dear leader are just out of luck and will have to deal with it.

Midterms are coming--Happy New Year!

Old 12-31-2017, 11:21 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What Sons View Post
Nah, the other side treated Obama and Hillary terribly out of desperation and a sense of defeat in allowing a black man to become president. Trump is a bad president and an even worse man. The pressure is on and Alabama was a big statement. This will be a great year.
I have no doubt that there was some hatred aimed at Obama because he is black (well, half black anyway). Just as there is some racism directed at Trump. In the case of Obama, the vast majority that came to oppose him didn't do so because of his pigmentation. I didn't vote for him, but once it was done I HOPED the community organizer and professional whiner would rise to the task and be a great, or at least good, president. It would help us get over the whole racial divide in this country.

Sadly, Obama proved himself not to be up to the task. He was one of the most bumbling, incompetent presidents in history. He repeatedly sided with violent criminals over law enforcement. Had one of the most corrupt administrations in history (Fast and Furious, IRS attacks on political opponents, "tarmack gate" to name just a few). He divided this country whenever he had the chance, supported our enemies and embraced policies that harmed the American people. Not to mention he lied directly to the American people on numerous occasions. He consistently hired some of the most bumbling, incompetent and corrupt people in history in his administration. As a leader he was utterly clueless and uninspiring.

We don't dislike Obama because of his skin color. Or even because he is a bad person. We dislike him because he was a lousy, or at least poor president. One that, had it not been for the color of his skin, would have remained an obscure, local rabble rouser. Instead our media created a presidential candidate out of someone hopelessly unqualified and incapable, in order to put a black man in the oval office. It WAS time for a black president-just one with some skills and abilities.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
It's been quite a year .

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Not going to happen. I don't think it's reasonable to expect today's liberals to grow up and act like responsible, contributing adults, rather than 2 year olds having a tantrum.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:26 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Not going to happen. I don't think it's reasonable to expect today's liberals to grow up and act like responsible, contributing adults, rather than 2 year olds having a tantrum.
Hey, we learned it from you cons from the last 8 years. You should be proud.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:29 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
It is interesting to see the mature responses to this thread.

How many of you that hated Obama -- still hate Obama -- and yet folks who don't like Trump (and some of us it wasn't because he ran as a Republican -- it has more to do with 30 years of quotes, behaviour from the man) are childish.

Hmmm that's an interesting hypocritical approach to life.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:32 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Hey, we learned it from you cons from the last 8 years. You should be proud.
This is just so childish. Be responsible for yourself and your own words and actions. Don't blame your own warped sense of reason on someone else's warped sense of reason. Stand alone and rise above.

Most people learn this at a young age, with a parent laying out the "if your friends jumped off a bridge, would you?" analogy on them. It's surprising to see so many adults buck this solid advice and instead use dumb people as an excuse for being dumb themselves.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I'm not nor have I ever been easily offended by words. Actions are really what matters to me. I don't give a crap what stupid bumbly thing Trump is saying on Twitter, or what size his pants are, how many scoops of ice cream he eats, what tone his skin color is, or how he manages to wrap his hair around his head like cotton candy. I don't care if Canada, Australia, and the UK don't like Trump. Their opinions do not affect my life. It's just static to me.

What matters are his actions. My 401k is up, unemployment is down, the economy appears to continue to improve, we are seeing some overreaching federal entities rightfully get their asses kicked, we're finally doing something about unchecked immigration and lawless behavior of illegals, and we just had our first major tax overhaul in many decades. These are all positive things.

I can handle the fact that our POTUS (whom I did not vote for) is a goofy bastage prone to moments of complete buffoonery as long as his actions improve America's bottom line. So far the improvements outweigh my concerns about the POTUS.

I can't stop hysterical people from being hysterical. For most of those personality types, they require anger and outrage just in order to feel alive. If not Trump, it will just be something else that they negatively focus on. I feel sorry for them. I'm living a great life right now and I'm thankful for every day of it. I got no time for petty groupthink.
LOL, that's one of the most honest assessments of this administration I've seen-and I agree with every point. I agree with the vast majority of Trump's policies. Yes, do your job and enforce our immigration laws. Address our immigration policies that let in massive numbers of people with no skills and from areas that embrace barbaric cultures. Roll back some of the federal overreach. Give working Americans a tax break. Roll back our corporate tax rates to a point that makes us competitive with the rest of the world. Fix the Obamacare disaster. Work to make manufacturing competitive in the US again. All great things anyone with an IQ over 70 supports.

However I don't like him very well as a person. The childish twitter play. The history as a "reality TV star". The idiotic "grab them by the pu**y" comment. Flip side-he does have the IDGAF approach to not cower in the face of attacks the way so many would. The left-wing media would attack ANY GOP president brutally, fabricate stories and report innuendo. Heck they did the same with Bush. It's just that 16 years ago they were a bit more professional about it and made their bias and lies a bit less obvious. Even so, Bush took them to heart and let the attacks blunt any efforts to move this country forward. He was sensitive enough that those things bothered him. The quality of the MSM has gone way down. Trump seems to thrive on getting their panties in a bunch. And that seems to be about the only effective way to deal with the media clowns. Wind them up on some stupid crap (with a simple tweet or bowl of ice cream) let them rant and rave for a couple days, while you ignore them and go get some work done.

Much as I don't like Trump as a person, I'm starting to believe that he is the right man at the right time. Until the left, particularly the MSM, learns to grow up and act like adults, a D. Trump might be just what is needed to counter them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies