Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 11:40 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times

Advertisements

I'm sure you were just as thrilled when the stock market was doing well under Obama.

The U.S. stock market has nearly tripled during 7-year bull run - Mar. 9, 2016 America's 7-year bull market: Can it last?

And the 75 months of job growth..

Old 12-31-2017, 11:40 AM

4,608 posts, read 3,301,434 times
I usually try not to get into these political cesspool-type threads, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

It is possible to dislike Trump the man, because he is bad-mannered, crude, writes hateful silly things about his colleages, and just in general manages to degrade the office of president. It is also possible to agree with some of the things he has tried to do (not many, I'll warrant, but some). I like that he is trying to get a handle on immigration but hate that he is dividing the country while doing so, with his unthought-out rhetoric. I like that he is getting the corporate tax rate down on business - where it has belonged for years - but hate that he did it on the backs of the middle and lower class, who just don't realize it yet.

And I'm actually a bit frightened at how he has managed single-handedly to alienate us from most other countries in the West. When we need them, they will not be as eager to go the extra mile for us as they might have been had he kept good relations. This will have repercussions.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:42 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It's been quite a year .

We've had the media and liberals freaking out over every single thing Trump has done .

Maybe liberals should make it New Years resolution to stop hating our President and freaking out over nothing .

In other words Keep Calm .. and Make America Great Again !

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

This it like when you right wingers flipped out and complained about everything Obama did?

Old 12-31-2017, 11:45 AM

3,406 posts, read 3,450,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump is a boil on the entire history of the office of the presidency and he must be lanced. We can't allow little kids to grow up thinking that lying, cheating, belittling others and bullying are normal and acceptable behaviors in our leaders. So, no there will be no wide spread resolution to stop protesting Trump's outrageous conduct. Too much is at stake.
But bj’s in the oval office was ok to Teach a generation of americans?

Old 12-31-2017, 11:46 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,507,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I'm sure you were just as thrilled when the stock market was doing well under Obama.

The U.S. stock market has nearly tripled during 7-year bull run - Mar. 9, 2016 America's 7-year bull market: Can it last?

And the 75 months of job growth..
I've no idea who you intended this post for, but I voted twice for Obama and I pay extreme attention to the stock market, so a primer from you on this topic is most unnecessary.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
I usually try not to get into these political cesspool-type threads, but sometimes I just can't help myself.

It is possible to dislike Trump the man, because he is bad-mannered, crude, writes hateful silly things about his colleages, and just in general manages to degrade the office of president. It is also possible to agree with some of the things he has tried to do (not many, I'll warrant, but some). I like that he is trying to get a handle on immigration but hate that he is dividing the country while doing so, with his unthought-out rhetoric. I like that he is getting the corporate tax rate down on business - where it has belonged for years - but hate that he did it on the backs of the middle and lower class, who just don't realize it yet.

And I'm actually a bit frightened at how he has managed single-handedly to alienate us from most other countries in the West. When we need them, they will not be as eager to go the extra mile for us as they might have been had he kept good relations. This will have repercussions.
Good points.

It isn't necessarily Trump's fault -- but I will add Healthcare. This administration has totally botched their opportunity to fix something they criticized for 8 years. It needs some fixing....and they can't do it, they don't know how.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Cal Wahine View Post
I've no idea who you intended this post for, but I voted twice for Obama and I pay extreme attention to the stock market, so a primer from you on this topic is most unnecessary.
Not necessarily directed at you...but at the die hard Republican fans who now tout the strong stock market as some big indicator but who dismissed it under Obama.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:50 AM

2,415 posts, read 2,988,207 times
Not a chance in hell. I resolve to be more active and to call and write my congresspeople more than I did in 2017. It's not nonsense and our democracy/republic/rights/environment/morality/humanity/compassion are dissolving right in front of us. My finances are fine, thank you very much, but there are far more important issues facing us now than my own personal financial situation.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:51 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Nah.

BTW, why do you folks seem to think that Trump has a God given right to be treated better than you folks treated Obama? Every year, you MIRACULOUSLY found a way to hate Obama a little bit more. It was amazing because I didn’t think it was possible.

So, don’t start crying now.

Old 12-31-2017, 11:52 AM

I will add another plus for Trump -- he's made people pay attention to govt. again.

That's a plus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies