Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2017, 10:05 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,184,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It's been quite a year .

We've had the media and liberals freaking out over every single thing Trump has done .

It all turned out to be nonsense and they are looking like Boy who Cried wolf .

The world didn't end . And most are doing better financially this year versus last .

Anyone check their 401k accounts recently ? Dow up like 25 percent . Unemployment low etc .

Maybe liberals should make it New Years resolution to stop hating our President and freaking out over nothing .

In other words Keep Calm .. and Make America Great Again !

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
In another thread you started you believe that California may be in a recession. So, which is it. Is the economy rolling or not. You guys are so transparent.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:07 AM

27,557 posts, read 28,652,113 times
Quote:
Maybe liberals should make it New Years resolution to stop hating our President and freaking out over nothing.
That's not how it works in politics.

People will continue rooting for their team without any rhyme or reason.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:11 AM

956 posts, read 1,207,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I'm a moderate Democrat and think that Trump is a lousy President but I don't hate him. He is what he is, an actor who plays to his studio audience. No need for me to freak out as this too shall pass.

My New Year's resolution is to walk away from this forum. It is just the same people over and over starting threads to get people to throw feces at each other. I guess they have nothing else in their lives. So I think I'll take a break for a while and let the people who want to argue 24/7 have at it.

Happy New Year!
Same. I don't hate hate Trump. He's a narcissistic who always wants to be loved and needs that praise.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:14 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
TRUMP IS NOT ABOVE THE LAW

Despite what Trumpies think.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:24 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,112,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRR View Post
I'm a moderate Democrat and think that Trump is a lousy President but I don't hate him. He is what he is, an actor who plays to his studio audience. No need for me to freak out as this too shall pass.

My New Year's resolution is to walk away from this forum. It is just the same people over and over starting threads to get people to throw feces at each other. I guess they have nothing else in their lives. So I think I'll take a break for a while and let the people who want to argue 24/7 have at it.

Happy New Year!
I am wondering if I want to do that myself. Gets old in here. Makes me grumpy.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:28 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,697,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Trump is a boil on the entire history of the office of the presidency and he must be lanced. We can't allow little kids to grow up thinking that lying, cheating, belittling others and bullying are normal and acceptable behaviors in our leaders. So, no there will be no wide spread resolution to stop protesting Trump's outrageous conduct. Too much is at stake.

Amen. I am looking forward to the Mueller investigation getting even deeper into Trump and his dealings.

I think 2018 is going to be a great year !!

Old 12-31-2017, 10:37 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,221,392 times
Quote:
It's been quite a year .

We've had the media and liberals freaking out over every single thing Trump has done .

The world didn't end . And most are doing better financially this year versus last .

Anyone check their 401k accounts recently ? Dow up like 25 percent . Unemployment low etc .

Maybe liberals should make it New Years resolution to stop hating our President and freaking out over nothing .

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
Happy New Year to you too.

My beef isn't with Trump. It is with the Republicans in general. No matter what people say, Republicans are hypocrites about the deficit. Remember that they held at least the house for 6 of the 8 years that Obama was President. Now they passed a tax bill that counts on growth while we are overdue for a recession.

I could go on and on about the minimum wage, overtime pay, Obamacare, and Republican efforts to overturn the New Deal, and de-fund Medicare. To the UN-indoctrinated these truths are obvious, but they are lost on FOX News Republicans.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:37 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
It's been quite a year .

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
My 401k has been rocking for at least 5 years now. I guess that was Trump's doing?

Old 12-31-2017, 10:54 AM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I actually agree with you, OP. I was reading an NYT article a few days ago. The gist of it was that liberals need to stop concerning themselves about everything Trump is doing and only worry about the truly worrisome things he does. Acting hysterical over every irritating Tweet is shooting ourselves, and our agenda, in the foot.

As for my financial standing, I am doing much better than last year. But it's not because of Trump. I just got a new, better job, and I work in an in demand field. So we should Make America Great again. We should not count on Trump to help us do that, however.
I read a tweet one night to some friends (two who are very much against Trump). They laughed hysterically and said that it's so true. When they found out that Trump posted it, their tune changed. It then brought on a good conversation as to why he is under such a fine tooth comb vs someone else. I have really been amazed how people take things out of context and also get so darn petty over little things that are trivial vs the things that are actually important.

I should also add that we do well for what he does. We live below what my husband brings home and are very careful as to where our money does go (coupon, shop sales, discuss big purchases etc). We like seeing our savings build up.

Old 12-31-2017, 10:54 AM

9,721 posts, read 14,260,591 times
As noted, Trump’s hysteria-prone critics, who repeatedly warned that our President would do EVERYTHING harmful to us all, are secretly, no doubt, extremely disappointed. President Trump is a winner, and is making America a winner, also! Suck it up, liberals. You all have NO argument to defend your constant jabs, insults, and lies. You're only making yourselves look more stupid by the day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies