Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2018, 10:37 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times

Advertisements

A whole lot of liberals are Christians. They OK by you OP?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2018, 10:39 AM

68,327 posts, read 54,350,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
With regards to this... the same theory that applies to those making baseless accusation applies here as well.

The people making these baseless attacks usually are the ones who practice these things. They accuse others of sexual assault, and they are the ones who are practicing this evil. They accuse others of corruption, and they are the ones making back room deals.

Here, conservative Christians are addicted to sex - in truth, it's them who are addicted - since they continue to bring up the topic. It's continually on their minds to the topic that this is the opening statement in the article.

There are three words guaranteed to strike fear in the hearts of most Conservative Christians—especially the men: Sex, Sexuality, Gender.

Any one of these subjects, whether spoken of explicitly or peripherally, is sure to induce panic attacks and leave Bible Belt Jesus dudes breaking out in a cold sweat, turning fifty shades of red, and sprinting for the nearest exit.

You don't formulate this statement without being in a rabid lather for awhile.

Must've been a good long one to formulate that statement.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:43 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
So who declares certain words, symbols, literature, songs, to be racist, sexist, xenophobic, etc??????

who are those people who apprently the media endorses and helps police these social justice rules??

Cons have no media propagation machine nor do they have a 'policing organization' like the libs propaganda machine mainstream media.

Cons have successfully removed books from libraries lately?
Well, when it comes to network TV, the FCC ( a govt agency btw) determines what is moral and immoral, what words can be aired, what scenes can be aired, etc.

Yet Ive never heard anyone calling for the FCC to stop this practice?

Old 01-01-2018, 10:43 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The problem is not solved if these same "Christians" attempt to tell the rest of us what we can and cannot do based on their dogma.

Tell you what--I'll stay out of their churches (which I do) if they stay out of my government's politics. Deal?
Well, that's the whole issue in a nutshell. Those type of so-called Christians want to impose their beliefs on everyone and refuse to keep it inside their church. Otherwise, no one would care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
IF a church accepts tax free status as a separation of church and state then don't try to impose the church's beliefs on anyone outside the church.
The 'evangelical' label has become something for REAL Christians to run from. Because it no longer represents Christians, it represents Christians who are willing to give up EVERYTHING they supposedly believe in ~ in exchange for political power. Examples: DJT and Roy Moore.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:44 AM

34,229 posts, read 18,561,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Since they like to DICTATE to others, and get upset when we don't confirm to their insanity, probably not.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:45 AM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Wow, you don't often hear a Conservative admit this. However, it's the fundamentalist Christians who are attempting to impose their religious dogma on our government, and religious dogma has no place in government.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:48 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Wow, you don't often hear a Conservative admit this. However, it's the fundamentalist Christians who are attempting to impose their religious dogma on our government, and religious dogma has no place in government.
Why? Liberal Meccas like NYC and San Fran are full of Churches and strong Christians who are involved in state and federal government.

Is there a problem with devout Catholic Liberals? Or are the exempt from trash talking.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:48 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
Quote:
Of course he denied it. That's what child molesters do. But there were enough of them, with separate but similar enough stories, to be believable even to red, fundamentalist Alabama. And that's saying something.

But that wasn't your question, was it? You wanted to know where they were now. What did you expect them to do once they accomplished their goal of exposing him?
What did I expect?

Well - if he's a serial abuser that's still on the loose, he needs to be dealt with before he harms someone else.

Also... what stops others from targeting someone who is innocent from painting a picture of guilt when there is no wrongdoing?

I'm trying to be rational about this - probably in the face of a bunch of irrational people here.

The only people who know for sure what happened is Moore and these accusers. Everything else is speculation and gossip.

I just look to treat others as I want to be treated. And if I am innocent, and a bunch of people are paid to say I am guilty of something - that doesn't change the FACT that I am innocent of wrongdoing. However, in the system of social justice - I'm guilty. I don't think that's right.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:51 AM

1,805 posts, read 2,366,189 times
A lot of it comes down to "my sex life isn't what I want it to be, let me make it everyone else's fault". Disenchanted, cornered, young males with feelings of inadequacy on the fringes of society being told that The Other is the cause of everything wrong with the world and that they're doing themselves and the world a favor by ridding the world of that Other.

Society tells that them white men are top dogs socially and economically across the world. That makes them believe that they're entitled to any women they choose. We constantly reinforce imagery and ideology that expresses that men (especially white men) are owed whatever they want - including sex.

Pretty scary how groups of people can radicalize because they feel estranged from society and think that society owes them something, be it a job, respect, sex, success, etc. This is what happens when white people sacrifice social solidarity in the name of capitalistic pursuit.

Many cultures have some version of the "you're not a man until you ____", which can be toxic, but many of them still have a level of social cohesion where young men know that they will have the support of their families and local community. They are still swaddled in the warmth of a reliable social fabric. But for young, white men in our current climate, I don't know if they see themselves as having a culture.

Media consumption simply tells them that white men are defined by their success, not by their socialization - whether that success be physical (conquering enemies), romantic (acquiring a love interest/sex), mental (outsmarting others) or financial (being a CEO). The other useful source of information, parents and peers, provide conflicting information - be nice to others, but play to win. Treat women with respect, but go out and sow your wild oats. Obey the law, but "boys will be boys". Try to fit in, but be yourself. Don't say hateful things to minorities, but also don't bring one of them home to us.

Old 01-01-2018, 10:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,994,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
"Worse than this chronic fixation on sex, gender, and sexuality, is that Conservative Christianity has somehow deputized itself as qualified and entitled to police such things for the world, with the Bible (not Science, facts, or reason) as its sole authority on the matter."

And we see evidence of it here every day on CD.

https://johnpavlovitz.com/2017/03/31...John+Pavlovitz
I suspect there as many perverts who are atheists and liberal.

That's the sad part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies