Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-01-2018, 06:08 PM

272 posts, read 217,678 times

Advertisements

The Myth of the Male Feminist | Playboy

Quote:
As we close out 2017, let’s take some time to reflect on lessons learned over the past 12 months. In an act of no holds barred brutal honesty, this year completely obliterated the myth of the male feminist. Though these men claim to be champions of women’s rights, we’ve seen time and time again how they are nothing but wolves in sheep’s clothing.

In the last several months, Harvey Weinstein, Joss Whedon, Louis C.K., Matt Lauer and Charlie Rose have all fallen into this camp. In the case of writer Michael Hafford, who has been accused of physically assaulting four women, he went as far as authoring a column for Vice’s women-focused site, Broadly, in 2015 titled “Male Feminist Here,” parodying the deceitfulness of this very group of men. [Editor’s Note: Hafford is a former contributor to Playboy.com; the company was unaware of the allegations made against this individual during the brief time he contributed to the website.]
Great read. It's no surprise these male feminist ally types are weird/creepy/disturbed.

Old 01-01-2018, 06:22 PM

272 posts, read 134,447 times
Yes alot of sensitive, blue state ,blue metro liberal guys claim to love and respect strong independent women. I think deep down even most Democrat women are disgusted by them.

You can see it in the small or non existent families in so many liberal metros, maybe its just feminist women not wanting to be slowed down by children or liberal mens low sperm count and low energy and low testosterone

hard to say

"The political right is having a lot more kids than the political left," Syracuse University professor Arthur Brooks says. "The gap is actually 41 percent."

Studying numbers from the General Social Survey -- a government survey of social trends -- Brooks found that 100 unrelated liberal adults have 147 children, while 100 unrelated conservatives have 208 kids."

Old 01-02-2018, 05:52 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,764,330 times
Show me a male vegan... and I'll show you a male who wants to **** a vegan.

That rule applies in quite a few situation.

Old 01-02-2018, 05:58 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,029,295 times
I think there's some issue about what a male "feminist" is here.

If we go with "male champions of female rights," you folks need to realize that were it not for men who supported female rights, women would still be property and wouldn't have the right to vote.

So, it is factually absurd and incorrect to say "all men who support women's rights are frauds or creeps." On the flip side, yes, some slobs cower behind that claim even as they abuse women.

Ugh... more proof that internet forums are not the type of place where one can have a nuanced discussion about anything.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:16 PM

272 posts, read 134,447 times
I have noticed alot of feminist liberal men really are incredibly hateful and misogynistic when talking about right wing women. I have seen some just talk about ann coulters looks how much they would like to kill her. I really think there is something wrong with liberal males, like some sort of neurosis

Old 01-02-2018, 06:19 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,547,543 times
Lol, you cons do a great job of displaying how insecure you are.

Old 01-02-2018, 06:20 PM

272 posts, read 217,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
I have noticed alot of feminist liberal men really are incredibly hateful and misogynistic when talking about right wing women. I have seen some just talk about ann coulters looks how much they would like to kill her. I really think there is something wrong with liberal males, like some sort of neurosis
I'd be willing to bet these guys are low T beta types.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.