U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 09:13 AM

14,498 posts, read 22,347,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleh View Post
Maxine said theyd have him impeached in December, didnt she?
Impeach Fodifav! Impeach Fodifav!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 09:25 AM

7,998 posts, read 2,745,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
If he committed a crime (which he very well lilely did with firing Coney the way he did) he shouldn't be. Sadly the Republicans in Congress are too "but we can't impeach a Republican" to do the right thing and throw him out. Maybe Mueller will convince them.
It's hilarious how many on the Left forget that they wanted Comey's head on a platter.....until they didn't.

It's also pitiful how many on the Left don't realize that Comey's position as director of the FBI serves at the pleasure of the President.

Trump could have fired Comey for having bad breath if he wanted to.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:30 AM

19,435 posts, read 17,681,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Itís very difficult to defeat a sitting President and Trump is immensely popular. Fake polls aside.
Popular with Trump supporters, not so with the rest of the nation. That is why his poll numbers are constantly in the 30's.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:42 AM

3,647 posts, read 2,319,883 times
A growing fraction of California's residents still think the President gets one lifetime 5 year term.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:45 AM

16,268 posts, read 9,082,410 times
Quote:
If he committed a crime (which he very well lilely did with firing Coney the way he did) he shouldn't be. Sadly the Republicans in Congress are too "but we can't impeach a Republican" to do the right thing and throw him out. Maybe Mueller will convince them.
Constitutionally speaking, the President does not need a reason to fire someone that works within the Executive branch.

He could have held a press conference jointly with Comey and said "I am firing this guy because he is investigating me and I don't like it"

and that would have been fully legal and constitutional. period. end of story.

what you need to do is read some US Code and the constitution a few times.... because you clearly don't understand what it says.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:50 AM

9,141 posts, read 9,222,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
He's not being investigated for obstruction of justice, because well, he never committed obstruction of justice.

The Russian investigation is an investigation in search of a crime, the very definition of a witch hunt.
That's a quite a statement to make. He held several conversations with FBI Director Comey in which he asked him to go easy on General Flynn in the Russia probe. He asked Comey for his "loyalty". Comey as FBI Director told Trump that he could offer him his "honesty", but not his "loyalty".

It was shortly after this that Comey was fired for reasons that are either unclear or just too silly to believe.

It gets worse though. Trump has gone through subordinates to try to derail the Russia investigation.

I would say that is all that is needed for a prima facie case of obstruction of justice.

You might review the actual facts, before you tell us all that "he never committed obstruction of justice". You don't know, plus I'm lead to believe you have never taken the time to educate yourself about those facts that are publicly available.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:14 PM

4,604 posts, read 2,267,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
OP, Whine as you may, POTUS Pence must wait until 1-20-2025.

He'll still be young enough to serve 8 years, so take heart in that.
Pence has the no charisma problem. Ask Dole, Gore, McCain, Romney, and Hillary Clinton what no charisma can do for you.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:16 PM

5,389 posts, read 1,524,254 times
Quote:
I can't believe I have to post this but apparently some Trump supporters need to be reminded that a president is only elected for 4 years at a time, not 8. It isn't a guarantee that they will run again (Johnson) or even win their re-election bid (H.W. Bush, Carter, Taft, Cleveland)
What do those Presidents have to do with President Donald John Trump?
I doubt there has ever been a more passionate President than this guy, and frankly a more passionate fan base.
8 years is a given.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:25 PM

Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,233 posts, read 13,983,115 times
Quote:
firing Comey (not Coney) is within his rights, as the chief of the FBI works for the POTUS

funny howfrom septembet16 through feb17, reid, Pelosi, schumer all wanted comey fired or to resign....

Old 01-02-2018, 12:25 PM

35,145 posts, read 10,380,537 times
Quote:
I can't believe I have to post this but apparently some Trump supporters need to be reminded that a president is only elected for 4 years at a time, not 8. It isn't a guarantee that they will run again (Johnson) or even win their re-election bid (H.W. Bush, Carter, Taft, Cleveland)

Wishful thinking by Trump supporters doesn't mean that they need to be reminded that presidents have a 4-year term, but I'm sure you addressed this when Obama supporters here hoped for 8 years of him, too.

IOW, your TDS has led you to believe that you need to "remind" us of something...when you don't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or