U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 11:03 AM

9,565 posts, read 5,904,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
You can't stop yourself.

Explain what I have "experienced on a consistent basis" what does that even mean in the scope of this conversation if you can call it that?

NO, I cannot explain what I meant because the mod will suspend me again. But the meaning ought to be clear enough to anyone who has a grasp of basic English comprehension. If you don't get it, just post your question to someone else, I'm sure that person got it and I'm sure that poster explaining what I meant would not get him/her suspended because it's from a 3rd person.

Quote:

For you to say liberals are facts over feelings is yet another entirely laughable statement!

You preface your brand of liberalism with progressive, which is an entirely different thing. Progressives are not Liberals, they simply hijacked the term and the party.

Progressives gather in herds to scream at the sky, they require safe spaces to keep from hearing words that might hurt their feelings, they rally to shut down alternative thought... and you have the audacity to claim to be fact-driven?

IF you and your ilk were fact-driven Trump wouldn't be in the Whitehouse.

IF you were fact driven you wouldn't be so utterly wrong all the time and so completely oblivious to it!
LOL. This is like being called ugly by a frog.

Yes, Trump and his supporters are facts driven. I guess Ted Cruz's father really did killed JFK.

At some point, you gotta to realize that the world is not dumb right? This entire post not only insult our intelligence by assuming we are idiots, but it makes the right-wing looks even more lunatic than they normally are.

Quote:
...and then there are demeaning terms which only the very young or perpetually immature constantly use.

Hopefully one day you'll grow up to actually be what you claim, rather than claiming what you're not.

LOL. ........ After you just wrote a post demeaning progressives.

Folks, some people are so oblivious that they seem utterly unreal yet they exist, mostly in the right-wing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 12:20 PM

66,196 posts, read 33,604,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The free north was actually growing faster than the south from 1800 to the 1850s. This is why 91% of the foreign born population lived in the free states and the north had far more people, far more canals, far more miles of railroad tracks, etc.... You could make an argument that the immigrants were providing cheap labor to northern manufacturing.

The South during your time period had wealth concentrated far more in the hands of a few than the North. Keep in mind, most white southerners in antebellum America were not well off.

Not GDP, which was the qualifier used to make a point, California is so great.

Population does not create GDP. Slave labor and exploited population does.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:24 PM

8,853 posts, read 2,667,946 times
California’s economy picking up in second half
Quote:
Dec. 26, 2017 - The economic juggernaut that is the California economy barreled forward in November as the state added 47,400 net new jobs and the unemployment rate dropped to 4.6 percent, from 4.9 percent a month earlier.

The robust gains were a slight improvement from the prior month’s upwardly revised 45,400 jobs increase, according to data released Friday by the Employment Development Department. The Golden State’s economy got off to a slow start this year, but has been picking up steam in the second half.

The state has now added jobs in three consecutive months, after several months of alternating job losses and gains.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or