Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would You Support this Tax Plan
I am a dem/liberal and I would support this. 1 3.03%
I am a dem/liberal and I would NOT support this 7 21.21%
I am a conservative/republican and I would support this. 7 21.21%
I am a conservative/republican and I would NOT support this. 1 3.03%
Independent/Centrist/Other I would support this. 3 9.09%
Independent/Centrist/Other I would NOT support this 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 11:27 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,465,846 times

Advertisements

There is alot of fake outrage over Trump Tax Plan.
Without being condescending and without being insulting or Rude would you support this?

Taxes NY_Refugee style.

First and foremost. END of Capital Gains tax. Completely. Done. If you buy a house, fix it, sell it in a year a month break even, make profit, whatever, go you! Or we can Limit the capital gains tax (feed back I am looking for feedback.)

0-5% Federal corporate tax rate.
To qualify for this a corporation must
1. Prove 100% employment of American Citizens.
2. Provide a plan of expansion (much like when you or I walk in for a small business loan)
3. Must Prove at the least 60% of employees in Non Management roles clearing 55-65k per year.
4. Must have on the job training. Deductions for paying for employee training/certification/license fees if covered. The incentive will be to circumvent spending YOUR money on college. Kind of like how a hospital will take on a CNA and pay for their ongoing education earn and learn program. With proof of a fair wage.
Doesn't have to be for skilled trades. Could be a software programmer/code writer to customer service agent/representative/hotline/helpline. Whatever. No longer have to completely rely on a mandatory college degree to be able to make it. Goal isn't to kill college. Goal is to get more folks opportunity.
5. Must have On shore In the country Production. No more sweat shops. No more running to foreign lands to produce goods to have final assembly occur here in the states. Total start to finish. Not 98% done in country x and the final assembly occur here. I mean total complete start to finish Made In America.

Keeping the Plan Trump put in place to undo Bill Clintons write off for 1 million+ in salaries. Meaning no more board members clearing 7-8-9 figure incomes and being a deduction. If GM were to file bankruptcy again. Sorry Buddy. Should have marketed your stuff better. Maybe if you spent some of that money on Research and Development and bringing vehicles to market that would have sold, instead of giving your CEO CFO multi million dollar raises...

Sorry Not going to bail you out unless you can make an appeal to congress and be okay with subject to scrutiny and oversight. And that's ONLY if the PUBLIC supports such.
(Goal here is to end fat cats getting fatter crying their poor decisions bankrupted them and they need a hand out to get back in the market)

Simplified Taxes.
25k and under. No taxes on Income earned from work.
If you make 25k and less on hand outs no tax return for you. Whether single. Married. Kids. No Kids. You're riding the gravy train. You simply are On the system.
28k-45k single-5% married jointly-8% Single and Kid(s) 800 per kid for a deduction. Married and Kid(s) 2k deduction.
(why the gap for 25-28k? Because you could be able to deduct from 27 to 25k same goes for the next examples Big gap for 45-90k right? If you earn closer to 45k you fall in that rate. If you earn closer to 90k you get taxed at that rate)
90k-205k single-8% Married Jointly-12% Kids are no longer a deduction after 150k. Same rates apply as above.
225k-500k single 10% Married Jointly 14% Kids are no longer a deduction. Unless you have like 10+
500k-1 Million Single-15% Married Jointly 18% Kids are not a deduction, again unless you have like 10+
1 Million and up Single 15% Married Jointly 20% Kids are not a deduction.

I would have forms for various trades.

Mechanics/tradesmen who have to buy tools pertinent to their employment.
Caregivers/First responders who have to buy/pay for their uniforms pertinent to their employment.
Teachers. Yadda Yadda.

Whatever Is spent whether 2 dollars or 20k relevant to your trade it is deducted from your income. So If you spent 2k or 12k in a year on tools/equipment and grossed 50k thats deducted from your Gross? No That's deducted from after what you have been paying after tax. Unless you withhold taxes and pay at April 15th. Including anything that was financed-Its price PLUS interest and sales tax. (Snap-On MAC Matco etc)

The goal here is to curb single parent households.
The goal here is to stop taxing those who are smart and responsible.
The goal here is to stop pushing business/industry over seas while helping create jobs/trades/careers.
The goal here is to take a minimal wage job and not tax it. If you are a dishwasher making minimal wage, why be taxed if you earn 25 26 27k per year? You need to keep all of the money you can get!

Federal budget would be totally revised. First things first. I am going after the EPA. They have 1 year to conduct real science test their theory. If they need to use NASAs huge vacuum chamber to replicate a small scale of air pollution with barometric and humidity put to the test fine. No more silly spending on "research" without testing.
They then have 6 months to produce an Air filtration implement, have a budget for operating and maintaining them. Same with water. If EPA wants to exist. It will have to prove its claims of climate change, man made or natural. Without partisan sway one way or the other. Apolitical purely scientific.

The next would be the cutting of Federal bureaus that are not pertinent to the functioning of government.
Followed by a re-boot to NASA (because I want Jetsons flying cars damn it! LOL)
Seriously though it might pay to go do some mining out in outer-space and explore more of our solar system. Who knows... Might find a rare alloy that isn't here on earth. May find an abundance of raw materials never before seen with benefits to the biomedical field? or with benefits to the automotive industry? If the goal is alternative fuel sources. Perhaps there is an abundance of rare earth materials elsewhere. Perhaps there is lithium for your tablet/phone batteries just sitting out there on Mars/lumbering around in an asteroid or on a moon of Jupiter? Titanium etc.

I would legalize Marijuana for medical purposes and research. SO long as you idiots don't screw it up and sell out to big pharmaceutical companies to profiteer from it... You sell your weed ranch to Pfizer don't cry when they make a tablet that treats some disorder trade marked and licensed and beats yours out to market and costs $150 per pill.
Department of agriculture would have oversight that no Pesticides, no Herbicides are used to grow. Period. Purely natural or stimulated with natural minerals in hydroponics only. Absolutely no foreign chemicals are to be used what so ever. For all intents and purposes, farmers would be the only ones who pay a "tax" in the form of a Federal License to grow for medicinal purposes.
Want recreational dope? Fine. 2.5-15% tax on the sale of it. Shall never exceed 15%
Why a fluctuation?
15% on a small amount.
2.5% on a large amount.

It would pay for you pot heads to buy the devils lettuce in pounds.

If your intention is to engage in interstate commerce, selling dope online from state to state, you only pay your federal tax, plus whatever your state is going to tax it IF they want to tax it. It would be beneficial if they didn't tax the sale...

It would be treated like Alcohol. 0 tolerance policy for driving under the influence under 21. Harsh penalties for smoking and driving. Would have to contact a biomedical company to develop an accurate "breathalyzer" tester for police to be issued. Opposed to needing an intrusive blood test/urine test.
Employers would have the right to hire and fire as they please. If they want to lay off/fire workers for smoking after hours. That is their right. It is your right to seek employment that does not frown upon your habits. Can argue the whole... Muh weed and they get to drink still! Its up to them whether they allow it or not...
Also to keep folks from abusing programs designed to be a hand up and not a hand out, MANDATORY drug testing. No ifs ands or buts about it. Test positive for a substance/narcotic you were not prescribed. No assistance for you until clean and sober.

I would cut the military budget only first and only if the following conditions are met.
1. The ties that bind the military the whole "rules of engagement" hearts and minds campaign is ended. Go in. Kick ass. Get out. No more perpetual warfare.
2. No legitimate threat exists. If one does-every branch on stand by. And congress at the ready to declare war. By legitimate threat I mean Rocket Man sends a missile and it lands near Hawaii or strikes an air base/military base/embassy in South Korea Japan etc.

And I would launch an Audit for transparency of ALL "not for profits" "Charity" organisations. Along with members of congress and the senate. Make Civil Servants Civil Servants Again! Not Shills on "The Hill".

I will throw you all a bone. You guys are concerned with healthcare.

I am only concerned about the cost and availability of health insurance.

If your premise is quality of care, and "access to care" which I assure you, every single hospital I have ever visited has a disclaimer that states they will not deny you quality care regardless of your ability to pay, or whether insurance covers it or not. So you have to state your concern for me to consider a "health care reform" or improvement.

Because the only thing I am concerned with is ending the ACA. Period. I will make that known Right now but hear me out.

My goal would be: Bring back the cheaper plans that were available locally before ACA came along and put those alternatives OUT of affordable reach. And kill the requirement to carry insurance with the "mandatory penalty".

If you want insurance companies to cover your expenses and not drop your coverage Fine we can work on a consumer protection reform on health insurance. We can require the insurance companies to be fair within reason. If they claim to cover this this this and this. But do not cover one of those even though they state in their contract they do. For their sake, they had better admit to an error on their end and cover it...
Because unlike how it normally would be handled... There would be a lawyer on the federal behalf and yours to nail them to the wall. And YOU would get paid first. Not the fed.
(I would do the same with OSHA too. Your husband killed on the job? OSHA doesn't get a settlement/sue and get the proceeds. They do that on YOUR behalf and YOU get the money. Not OSHA)

Most heated arguments on ACA and killing it seems to be a confusion of care vs insurance coverage and cost. Last I checked FDA regulated drugs from/to the market. And you need a license to be in medicine that proves you know what you're doing... So Unless we have some shade tree surgeons who stayed at a holiday in last night doing triple by pass and brain surgery, and Primary Care Physicians who graduated with an online degree and never had any hands on experience...

The Goal with My tax plan seriously is to bring back production.
Bring back jobs to areas like Detroit. Chicago. Baltimore Appalachia Flyover. Or just simply to evoke ingenuity and entrepreneurship without taxing it and regulating it to death.

Jobs that can support a family comfortably. OR reward those who have a low cost of living by being smart, keeping their knees together and don't have the cost of raising brats. That way they can spend their money on goods and services.

The goal here would be to get you all to turn against your states and local town/city taxes so that Affordable housing can be had. Even if only rental apartments.

The goal here is to shrink and reduce the cost of the government. The goal here is to offer more opportunity and for you all to keep more of what you worked for instead of going to fund federal workers pensions and bureaucratic expansion. Do we really need the CIA FBI and NSA? Could make the role of the NSA be under the CIA and have the FBI focus solely on federal crimes. Period.
Can absolve the ATF too. More on that later and other "executive" bureaus that have outlived their usefulness.

Would a Liberal/Democrat support this? Think about it. Instead of socializing debt like Bernie... I'm encouraging spreading the wealth. Not Robin Hood Economics and relying on an adult in the room to protect you from yourself. I just set the guide lines in place for companies to play fairly. If they want to profit by all means profit and do so. Just don't pee down everyone's back and tell them its rain why they have stagnant wages and the federal government has to subsidize their cost of living while you have a million-10s of million salary per year. Especially when I alleviate your tax burden so long as you play ball.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 11:32 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,769,029 times
I would tax capital gains and dividends equal to income tax rates... no two tiered tax systems...

Old 01-02-2018, 11:33 AM

18,443 posts, read 9,065,805 times
Tl;dr

Old 01-02-2018, 11:33 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,631,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
There is alot of fake outrage over Trump Tax Plan.
Without being condescending and without being insulting or Rude would you support this?

Taxes NY_Refugee style.

First and foremost. END of Capital Gains tax. Completely. Done. If you buy a house, fix it, sell it in a year a month break even, make profit, whatever, go you! Or we can Limit the capital gains tax (feed back I am looking for feedback.)

0-5% Federal corporate tax rate.
2. Provide a plan of expansion (much like when you or I walk in for a small business loan)
3. Must Prove at the least 60% of employees in Non Management roles clearing 55-65k per year.
4. Must have on the job training. Deductions for paying for employee training/certification/license fees if covered. The incentive will be to circumvent spending YOUR money on college. Kind of like how a hospital will take on a CNA and pay for their ongoing education earn and learn program. With proof of a fair wage.
Doesn't have to be for skilled trades. Could be a software programmer/code writer to customer service agent/representative/hotline/helpline. Whatever. No longer have to completely rely on a mandatory college degree to be able to make it. Goal isn't to kill college. Goal is to get more folks opportunity.
5. Must have On shore In the country Production. No more sweat shops. No more running to foreign lands to produce goods to have final assembly occur here in the states. Total start to finish. Not 98% done in country x and the final assembly occur here. I mean total complete start to finish Made In America.

Keeping the Plan Trump put in place to undo Bill Clintons write off for 1 million+ in salaries. Meaning no more board members clearing 7-8-9 figure incomes and being a deduction. If GM were to file bankruptcy again. Sorry Buddy. Should have marketed your stuff better. Maybe if you spent some of that money on Research and Development and bringing vehicles to market that would have sold, instead of giving your CEO CFO multi million dollar raises...

Sorry Not going to bail you out unless you can make an appeal to congress and be okay with subject to scrutiny and oversight. And that's ONLY if the PUBLIC supports such.
(Goal here is to end fat cats getting fatter crying their poor decisions bankrupted them and they need a hand out to get back in the market)

Simplified Taxes.
If you make 25k and less on hand outs no tax return for you. Whether single. Married. Kids. No Kids. You're riding the gravy train. You simply are On the system.
28k-45k single-5% married jointly-8% Single and Kid(s) 800 per kid for a deduction. Married and Kid(s) 2k deduction.
(why the gap for 25-28k? Because you could be able to deduct from 27 to 25k same goes for the next examples Big gap for 45-90k right? If you earn closer to 45k you fall in that rate. If you earn closer to 90k you get taxed at that rate)
90k-205k single-8% Married Jointly-12% Kids are no longer a deduction after 150k. Same rates apply as above.
225k-500k single 10% Married Jointly 14% Kids are no longer a deduction. Unless you have like 10+
500k-1 Million Single-15% Married Jointly 18% Kids are not a deduction, again unless you have like 10+

I would have forms for various trades.

Caregivers/First responders who have to buy/pay for their uniforms pertinent to their employment.
Teachers. Yadda Yadda.

Whatever Is spent whether 2 dollars or 20k relevant to your trade it is deducted from your income. So If you spent 2k or 12k in a year on tools/equipment and grossed 50k thats deducted from your Gross? No That's deducted from after what you have been paying after tax. Unless you withhold taxes and pay at April 15th. Including anything that was financed-Its price PLUS interest and sales tax. (Snap-On MAC Matco etc)

The goal here is to curb single parent households.
The goal here is to stop taxing those who are smart and responsible.
The goal here is to stop pushing business/industry over seas while helping create jobs/trades/careers.
The goal here is to take a minimal wage job and not tax it. If you are a dishwasher making minimal wage, why be taxed if you earn 25 26 27k per year? You need to keep all of the money you can get!

Federal budget would be totally revised. First things first. I am going after the EPA. They have 1 year to conduct real science test their theory. If they need to use NASAs huge vacuum chamber to replicate a small scale of air pollution with barometric and humidity put to the test fine. No more silly spending on "research" without testing.
They then have 6 months to produce an Air filtration implement, have a budget for operating and maintaining them. Same with water. If EPA wants to exist. It will have to prove its claims of climate change, man made or natural. Without partisan sway one way or the other. Apolitical purely scientific.

The next would be the cutting of Federal bureaus that are not pertinent to the functioning of government.
Followed by a re-boot to NASA (because I want Jetsons flying cars damn it! LOL)
Seriously though it might pay to go do some mining out in outer-space and explore more of our solar system. Who knows... Might find a rare alloy that isn't here on earth. May find an abundance of raw materials never before seen with benefits to the biomedical field? or with benefits to the automotive industry? If the goal is alternative fuel sources. Perhaps there is an abundance of rare earth materials elsewhere. Perhaps there is lithium for your tablet/phone batteries just sitting out there on Mars/lumbering around in an asteroid or on a moon of Jupiter? Titanium etc.

I would legalize Marijuana for medical purposes and research. SO long as you idiots don't screw it up and sell out to big pharmaceutical companies to profiteer from it... You sell your weed ranch to Pfizer don't cry when they make a tablet that treats some disorder trade marked and licensed and beats yours out to market and costs $150 per pill.
Department of agriculture would have oversight that no Pesticides, no Herbicides are used to grow. Period. Purely natural or stimulated with natural minerals in hydroponics only. Absolutely no foreign chemicals are to be used what so ever. For all intents and purposes, farmers would be the only ones who pay a "tax" in the form of a Federal License to grow for medicinal purposes.
Want recreational dope? Fine. 2.5-15% tax on the sale of it. Shall never exceed 15%
Why a fluctuation?
15% on a small amount.
2.5% on a large amount.

It would pay for you pot heads to buy the devils lettuce in pounds.

If your intention is to engage in interstate commerce, selling dope online from state to state, you only pay your federal tax, plus whatever your state is going to tax it IF they want to tax it. It would be beneficial if they didn't tax the sale...

It would be treated like Alcohol. 0 tolerance policy for driving under the influence under 21. Harsh penalties for smoking and driving. Would have to contact a biomedical company to develop an accurate "breathalyzer" tester for police to be issued. Opposed to needing an intrusive blood test/urine test.
Employers would have the right to hire and fire as they please. If they want to lay off/fire workers for smoking after hours. That is their right. It is your right to seek employment that does not frown upon your habits. Can argue the whole... Muh weed and they get to drink still! Its up to them whether they allow it or not...
Also to keep folks from abusing programs designed to be a hand up and not a hand out, MANDATORY drug testing. No ifs ands or buts about it. Test positive for a substance/narcotic you were not prescribed. No assistance for you until clean and sober.

I would cut the military budget only first and only if the following conditions are met.
1. The ties that bind the military the whole "rules of engagement" hearts and minds campaign is ended. Go in. Kick ass. Get out. No more perpetual warfare.
2. No legitimate threat exists. If one does-every branch on stand by. And congress at the ready to declare war. By legitimate threat I mean Rocket Man sends a missile and it lands near Hawaii or strikes an air base/military base/embassy in South Korea Japan etc.

And I would launch an Audit for transparency of ALL "not for profits" "Charity" organisations. Along with members of congress and the senate. Make Civil Servants Civil Servants Again! Not Shills on "The Hill".

I will throw you all a bone. You guys are concerned with healthcare.

I am only concerned about the cost and availability of health insurance.

If your premise is quality of care, and "access to care" which I assure you, every single hospital I have ever visited has a disclaimer that states they will not deny you quality care regardless of your ability to pay, or whether insurance covers it or not. So you have to state your concern for me to consider a "health care reform" or improvement.

Because the only thing I am concerned with is ending the ACA. Period. I will make that known Right now but hear me out.

My goal would be: Bring back the cheaper plans that were available locally before ACA came along and put those alternatives OUT of affordable reach. And kill the requirement to carry insurance with the "mandatory penalty".

If you want insurance companies to cover your expenses and not drop your coverage Fine we can work on a consumer protection reform on health insurance. We can require the insurance companies to be fair within reason. If they claim to cover this this this and this. But do not cover one of those even though they state in their contract they do. For their sake, they had better admit to an error on their end and cover it...
Because unlike how it normally would be handled... There would be a lawyer on the federal behalf and yours to nail them to the wall. And YOU would get paid first. Not the fed.
(I would do the same with OSHA too. Your husband killed on the job? OSHA doesn't get a settlement/sue and get the proceeds. They do that on YOUR behalf and YOU get the money. Not OSHA)

Most heated arguments on ACA and killing it seems to be a confusion of care vs insurance coverage and cost. Last I checked FDA regulated drugs from/to the market. And you need a license to be in medicine that proves you know what you're doing... So Unless we have some shade tree surgeons who stayed at a holiday in last night doing triple by pass and brain surgery, and Primary Care Physicians who graduated with an online degree and never had any hands on experience...

The Goal with My tax plan seriously is to bring back production.
Bring back jobs to areas like Detroit. Chicago. Baltimore Appalachia Flyover. Or just simply to evoke ingenuity and entrepreneurship without taxing it and regulating it to death.

Jobs that can support a family comfortably. OR reward those who have a low cost of living by being smart, keeping their knees together and don't have the cost of raising brats. That way they can spend their money on goods and services.

The goal here would be to get you all to turn against your states and local town/city taxes so that Affordable housing can be had. Even if only rental apartments.

The goal here is to shrink and reduce the cost of the government. The goal here is to offer more opportunity and for you all to keep more of what you worked for instead of going to fund federal workers pensions and bureaucratic expansion. Do we really need the CIA FBI and NSA? Could make the role of the NSA be under the CIA and have the FBI focus solely on federal crimes. Period.
Can absolve the ATF too. More on that later and other "executive" bureaus that have outlived their usefulness.

Would a Liberal/Democrat support this? Think about it. Instead of socializing debt like Bernie... I'm encouraging spreading the wealth. Not Robin Hood Economics and relying on an adult in the room to protect you from yourself. I just set the guide lines in place for companies to play fairly. If they want to profit by all means profit and do so. Just don't pee down everyone's back and tell them its rain why they have stagnant wages and the federal government has to subsidize their cost of living while you have a million-10s of million salary per year. Especially when I alleviate your tax burden so long as you play ball.
Uh, well gimme an hour to read it.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:35 AM

34,139 posts, read 18,403,964 times
Not a liberal, or progressive or whatever they're being called these days. I would propose a 10% flat tax both personal, and corporate. No deductions. Everyone that makes above a certain amount, maybe $25K or $30K individual, indexed for inflation gets taxed 10%.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:40 AM

Quote:
The IRS doesn't have the ability to keep track of this. You would need an entirely new federal agency just to keep track of all this data.

Quote:
Simplified Taxes.
So far, with elimination of cap gains taxes, dramatic reduction of corporate and personal income taxes, you're leaving massive holes in the federal budget.

Quote:
Teachers. Yadda Yadda.

More Federal Bureaucracy needed to keep track of how much TOOLS COST. That's insane.

As a general rule, you shouldn't set up regulations based around datasets that don't exist.

Quote:
Unrealistic because #1 - Congress has no capacity to determine whether the EPA's conclusions are scientifically valid or not, and #2, the EPA doesn't cost very much in the first place so cutting it won't matter WRT revenue.

Quote:
Would a Liberal/Democrat support this?
No. It's totally incoherent. It puts politics over science, while ostensibly claiming to put science over politics. I could barely even comprehend most of what you were saying from a linguistic perspective, and I can tell that the actual legislation required to codify these ideas into law would make Obamacare look brief and concise by comparison.

Whether you understand it or not, you'd be setting the stage for a MASSIVE (but also unproductive and pointless) increase in the federal bureaucracy, while simultaneously defunding it, causing the debt to spiral out of control.

More importantly, you failed to address all sorts of major points. In order to even attempt to make sense of this, I had to make numerous assumptions about what you did and didn't mean.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:45 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,909,271 times
It started dumb, then ran for another 2000 words. No, I would not support it. It’s got all th worst elements of capitalism, socialism, fascism and nationalism.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
The IRS doesn't have the ability to keep track of this. You would need an entirely new federal agency just to keep track of all this data.

So far, with elimination of cap gains taxes, dramatic reduction of corporate and personal income taxes, you're leaving massive holes in the federal budget.

That's the point. Decrease the federal budget significantly.

More Federal Bureaucracy needed to keep track of how much TOOLS COST. That's insane.

Wrong, receipts would be all that is needed. Like current date.

As a general rule, you shouldn't set up regulations based around datasets that don't exist.

Unrealistic because #1 - Congress has no capacity to determine whether the EPA's conclusions are scientifically valid or not, and #2, the EPA doesn't cost very much in the first place so cutting it won't matter WRT revenue.

That is the point. To put up or shut up. Test it and prove it to be true once and for all and be proactive about it instead of talking and taxing about it.

No. It's totally incoherent. It puts politics over science, while ostensibly claiming to put science over politics. I could barely even comprehend most of what you were saying from a linguistic perspective, and I can tell that the actual legislation required to codify these ideas into law would make Obamacare look brief and concise by comparison.

Whether you understand it or not, you'd be setting the stage for a MASSIVE (but also unproductive and pointless) increase in the federal bureaucracy, while simultaneously defunding it, causing the debt to spiral out of control.

Not at all. The plan is to streamline to speed up, cut pork, stop bureaucratic waste and expansion. Dissolve unnecessary expenses. Lower the cost of operation which in turn lowers taxes.

More importantly, you failed to address all sorts of major points. In order to even attempt to make sense of this, I had to make numerous assumptions about what you did and didn't mean.
Then ask.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:21 PM

Your response to my criticisms is woefully inadequate, much like the proposal itself.

You suggest that I "ask" about the missing pieces that you neglected, and I would do that if you were 10 or 12 years old. But given that you're an adult who just typed a full page of abject nonsense, I think you should be happy I bothered to read it at all.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
It started dumb, then ran for another 2000 words. No, I would not support it. It’s got all th worst elements of capitalism, socialism, fascism and nationalism.
So you would be opposed to killing 3 birds with 1 stone?
Lowering the cost to bring back industry/production
Hiring Americans in areas of high unemployment while providing on the job training decreasing the need for a college degree to be employed?

You really oppose that and would rather people rely on a hand out for sustenance instead of a hand up to succeed?

Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies