Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 12:54 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,688,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I'm confused as to how a college football band, made up of teenagers and early 20-somethings, somehow represents liberals nationwide?

And I say that as a rather conservative independent.

Because some Trump supporters are looking for anything they can say about the other side, whether it makes sense or not. We see it every day on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2018, 12:55 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,881,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
You realize that Stanford has a conservative student body, right?

And college bands raz other schools and states all the time - get over it!
Stanford's student body is quite conservative in certain ways, especially in relation to economic issues. I know because I worked on the campus for many years.

Let's remember that the Hoover Institute (generally thought of as a "conservative" think tank) is headquartered right on campus, and it does have an effect on the school.

Old 01-02-2018, 12:56 PM

46,865 posts, read 25,824,998 times
Your feelings got hurt, subby?

https://jamesostafford.files.wordpre...pg?w=829&h=553

Old 01-02-2018, 01:03 PM

272 posts, read 134,023 times
Did anyone listen to the band? They just attacked whaaburger and made a few unfunny jokes, there was nothing incendiary about the halftime show. Alot of texans love whataburger, alot of Californians love in and out burger , both are very overrated in my opinion

Old 01-02-2018, 01:05 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,881,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
Did anyone listen to the band? They just attacked whaaburger and made a few unfunny jokes, there was nothing incendiary about the halftime show. Alot of texans love whataburger, alot of Californians love in and out burger , both are very overrated in my opinion
This is what Stanford's band does. They are satirical by their very nature - they're not a serious band.

I haven't had whataburger, but I'd like to try it. In-N-Out still the best "fast food" burger joint to me, though (sorry Five Guys and Shake Shack...).

Old 01-02-2018, 01:07 PM

2,521 posts, read 2,722,206 times
I thought you had to be somewhat intelligent to get into Stanford. It was boring and unwatchable.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:09 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,024,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is why liberals have a bad reputation. They just can't play a song or two at halftime... they have to invoke politics into everything because they lack proper boundaries. They are insulting and rude as well. This is ridiculous.

My guess is that this will be the last time a California team is invited to a bowl game in Texas... or at least it should be awhile until it happens again.

By the way... TCU came back from a 21-3 deficit to win 39-37.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_YqSX6q3U8

Did the big bad Stanford band offend the Texas snowflakes? Boo f'ing hoo.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:14 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,024,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
teenagers and early 20 something's don't put college band performances together.... without leadership of adults.... and certainly they must be approved by those in power.

I bet most liberals think its cool.
Do you Texans need a safe space after seeing that? Boy Texans sure love to talk chit about everyone else but when they get it back it's a texas snowflake festival.

Old 01-02-2018, 01:15 PM

15,590 posts, read 10,325,098 times
Ok, Stanford lefty pricks. I'll accept your insults of our state and belittling our lone star,.......but it isn't acceptable to make fun of our Whataburger. them's fightin' words

Old 01-02-2018, 01:19 PM

52,433 posts, read 26,475,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
This is why liberals have a bad reputation. They just can't play a song or two at halftime... they have to invoke politics into everything because they lack proper boundaries. They are insulting and rude as well. This is ridiculous.

My guess is that this will be the last time a California team is invited to a bowl game in Texas... or at least it should be awhile until it happens again.

Stanford = Snowflake City
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies