U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 02:27 PM

8,520 posts, read 4,986,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC1984 View Post
Maybe it's the education system?
Darn psychopaths
A sickopath & a psychopaths are two different things. Google before you type...

LMGTFY
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 02:34 PM

8,520 posts, read 4,986,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If I was forced to choose between CA and MS, I'd choose MS every time. I'd buy land in the woods and be happy. If I had to choose between making more money in CA and somewhat less in MS, I'd still choose MS. I don't think I could be happy in CA.

That's just me. These rankings are irrelevant because all that matters is personal taste. The things that I despise about liberal places are precisely why liberals love them. And vice versa.
The majority of American if given the choice between MS & CA would choose CA by far... But I do agree it more about personal taste..

Old 01-03-2018, 02:50 PM

47,524 posts, read 45,225,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
If I was forced to choose between CA and MS, I'd choose MS every time. I'd buy land in the woods and be happy. If I had to choose between making more money in CA and somewhat less in MS, I'd still choose MS. I don't think I could be happy in CA.

That's just me. These rankings are irrelevant because all that matters is personal taste. The things that I despise about liberal places are precisely why liberals love them. And vice versa.
That is you. Mississippi is not my cup of tea. In fact, Mississippi has too much of the Old South to make me want to be there. I can buy a house in the woods anywhere. Why do it in a place where I would have a hard time fitting in? For as much crap that goes on in California, there are alot of places I would consider.

Now, if you were to compare Mississippi to other conservative states, Mississippi is still a place I would never move to. I would be more inclined to pick Idaho, Texas, places further west.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:52 PM

47,524 posts, read 45,225,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
The majority of American if given the choice between MS & CA would choose CA by far... But I do agree it more about personal taste..
I would pick California over Mississippi. California is a big state, and I'm not limited to Los Angeles. There are other areas to give a chance.

Old 01-03-2018, 03:22 PM

6,308 posts, read 3,315,072 times
California is rated just a blip above Mississippi in education.....
Before democrats took over the state, it was the highest ranked in the nation.
Democrat policies and millions of illegals have dropped it almost to the bottom In the nation along with
one of the highest poverty rates -- biggest wealth gap. Good work Dems....

Old 01-05-2018, 07:01 AM

23,631 posts, read 65,759,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
Europe used to be like asia with very safe cities and great mass transit ,and probably still is in many more right wing cities and nations that limit immigration
Our cities are still very safe and mass transit is still great in both left wing countries and right wing countries.

Old 01-05-2018, 07:05 AM

35,026 posts, read 19,148,378 times
Talking Mississippi -- Conservative Utopia and perennial challenger for WORST state in America

I have family in Arkansas.

They laugh about their state's motto:

"Thank God for Mississippi!"

Old 01-05-2018, 07:50 AM

1,812 posts, read 708,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
As usual, Democrats fail at their understanding of the history behind southern politics.

While Republicans control Mississippi politics today, you do realize that Mississippi has only been under "complete Republican control" since 2012 when Republicans won complete control of the state legislature for the first time since Reconstruction?? And that the first elected GOP governor of Mississippi only took office in 1992? https://ballotpedia.org/Party_contro...ate_government ; https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirk_Fordice

Mississippi has been a "mess" in many instances for well over a century. But to blame the GOP for that (the exact same argument can and must be made about West Virginia and other southern/conservative states) is ridiculous, given that party's relative recent domination of politics in the state. Democrats held the state back in many ways through their resistance to education reform, embrace of racism/KKK, and other means. It'll take much more than a few years of GOP control to turn around the disaster that total Dem control of these states created.

And as others have mentioned, its no secret that the most violent, poor areas in these states are in those parts controlled totally by Democrats.
yes, but those states have always been controlled by conservatives. The Democrats were once the conservative party.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:09 AM

1,763 posts, read 978,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
California is rated just a blip above Mississippi in education.....
Before democrats took over the state, it was the highest ranked in the nation.
Democrat policies and millions of illegals have dropped it almost to the bottom In the nation along with
one of the highest poverty rates -- biggest wealth gap. Good work Dems....
Lol, let's see. So California has Berkeley, Stanford, UCLA, UCSF to name a few, and Mississippi has ummm...

Old 01-05-2018, 01:26 PM

8,199 posts, read 6,094,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If money were not a concern, Id go CA. The surf and slopes.
Geographically, CA blows MS away. But there is no way I could be happy being around CA liberals all day or having the state intrude into most aspects of my life.

But that's me. Most people don't care too much about politics. They don't think much and are probably happier overall. Ideally, I'd live in the woods in ID, WY, MT or AK.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or