Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 08:27 PM

30,140 posts, read 11,765,050 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by downtownnola View Post
At this rate, we will be lucky to make it to 2020. Trump is a dangerous man willing to put the world at risk to prop up his fragile ego.

I did not vote for Trump but seriously almost one year in and military wise he bombed ISIS tunnels and the Syrian airport and his ISIS strategy has decimated them. What irrational military moves has he made? Because he is standing up to the little rocket man? He could do what the past few POTUS's have done which is to ignore lil Kim and his pop. Trump at least has called out China to do something and S. Korea is stopping shipments. Just to let him keep building up his nuclear potential unabated it insanity.

It seems to me Trump has shown restraint. I can't read the tea leaves and know what the next three years will bring I can only go by the facts.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:29 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,895,546 times
Wow, I don’t consider myself anti-Trump, but gosh, Trump has to be the least class person to ever hold the office of the president. It’s not that Trump is that bad of a president, but he is so embarrassing. I don’t understand how anyone could not be embarrassed to support that guy.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:33 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So which of the tactics below do you want to try again (even though they didn't work)?

Clinton $4 billion worth of nuclear, energy, economic and diplomatic benefits in exchange for the halting of NK nuclear program in 1994.

Bush: (2002 - 2009) “NK is a regime arming with missiles and weapons of mass destruction, while starving its citizens" (confirmed). In 05 China, Japan, Russia, S Korea and the U.S offered energy and economic assistance if NK would give up its efforts to build up its nuclear program. But that plan didn’t hold and NK successfully completed a nuclear test in 2006.

Obama Obama sent an envoy to NK asking leader Kim Jong Il to begin denuclearization talks, but his regime didn’t make any major moves toward pursuing them.
how about something else? of course, i am just a 50 something year old mom with a high school education. i have no idea what we should do. but tweeting these immature tweets that he does is not doing any good. that much i am positive about. do you they they are making jong un shake in his boots? i highly doubt that. more likely he is over there saying "oh yeah? i'll show him!"

i'm on the west coast and i'm not thrilled to be a possible sitting target for a first nuclear strike attempt on the US.

maybe trump could talk with people who are in the know with what is going on and can try to figure out something smarter than just tweeting how big his button is and mocking a crazy man with nuclear weapons aimed at the united states.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:33 PM

12,966 posts, read 9,645,364 times
Quote:
So which of the tactics below do you want to try again even though they didn't work?

Clinton $4 billion worth of nuclear, energy, economic and diplomatic benefits in exchange for the halting of NK nuclear program in 1994.

Bush: (2002 - 2009) “NK is a regime arming with missiles and weapons of mass destruction, while starving its citizens" (confirmed). In 2005 China, Japan, Russia, S Korea and the U.S offered energy and economic assistance if NK would give up its efforts to build up its nuclear program. NK successfully completed a nuclear test in 2006.

Obama Obama sent an envoy to NK at the end of the year, asking leader Kim Jong Il to begin denuclearization talks, but his regime didn’t make any major moves toward pursuing them.
So a 71 year old on man, the president of this great country, going back and forth with somebody like Kim Jong, about who have the biggest button is the answer? Do you realize how childish this sounds, and I can only imagine what world leaders are thinking about Trump at this point. The president of this country shouldn't have to stoop to those levels, I promise you, he don't have the answer either.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:34 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Wow, I don’t consider myself anti-Trump, but gosh, Trump has to be the least class person to ever hold the office of the president. It’s not that Trump is that bad of a president, but he is so embarrassing. I don’t understand how anyone could not be embarrassed to support that guy.
Obama was a smooth talker but he didn't do anything to help this situation. Americans didn't vote for class, they voted for someone to fight for us, not hang out with elitist.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
So a 71 year old on man, the president of this great country, going back and forth with somebody like Kim Jong, about who have the biggest button is the answer? Do you realize how childish this sounds, and I can only imagine what world leaders are thinking about Trump at this point. The president of this country shouldn't have to stoop to those levels, I promise you, he don't have the answer either.
Sometimes you got to speak on your opponents level. But hey, you can go to your safe space if you don't like it.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:39 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,955,379 times
Quote:
Obama was a smooth talker but he didn't do anything to help this situation. Americans didn't vote for class, they voted for someone to fight for us, not hang out with elitist.
Trump shows his psychopathy with this insane tweet. He's not fighting for you, he shows total disregard for the lives of Americans with this recklessness.

Old 01-02-2018, 08:39 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,641,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
It’s embarrassing because he’s a reality show host, and has no idea how to be the POTUS! This is no game, and he’s putting lives in danger every time he tweets!

Old 01-02-2018, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
how about something else? of course, i am just a 50 something year old mom with a high school education. i have no idea what we should do. but tweeting these immature tweets that he does is not doing any good. that much i am positive about. do you they they are making jong un shake in his boots? i highly doubt that. more likely he is over there saying "oh yeah? i'll show him!"

i'm on the west coast and i'm not thrilled to be a possible sitting target for a first nuclear strike attempt on the US.

maybe trump could talk with people who are in the know with what is going on and can try to figure out something smarter than just tweeting how big his button is and mocking a crazy man with nuclear weapons aimed at the united states.
Kim Jong Un is a tyrant who thinks he is sane. There is no talking reasonable with him. Do you really want NK to go nuclear? Once he has the nukes and is able to reach us, then what? Are we more concerned with class than stopping him?

Old 01-02-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Trump shows his psychopathy with this insane tweet. He's not fighting for you, he shows total disregard for the lives of Americans with this recklessness.
Yea I know, Democrats screaming Armageddon for the umpteenth time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies