Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 02:05 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,157,975 times

Advertisements

I get it... Bannon is anti-Rino and Trump has to work with the Rinos to get things done.. Bannon is getting po'ed.. he is now out and Mitch told Trump to campaign for Strange..that cut Bannon big..Bannon lost to Mitch on Roy Moore... must be Trump giving in some if Mitch gives him the tax cut. It is called compromise to get things done.

Sounds like real life with trust issues between Bannon and Trump..

Old 01-03-2018, 02:05 PM

7,824 posts, read 4,564,588 times
I think the most interesting part of this whole sad tale is the very folks who (with some validity) felt marginalized, felt their voices weren't being heard and went all in on Trump may soon find themselves even more irrelevant and discounted after final indictments are issued and the principals are left turning on one another to avoid a term in federal prison.

I'll freely admit the Democratic party didn't do enough to listen to many of their concerns. Some of that stemmed from the outright hatred of the notion that a black man was the one who held out his hand to make things better for all Americans. But what is done is done. Putting up a flawed candidate like Clinton didn't help matters.

So here we are. No matter how one spins it, this can't be what hopes and dreams American's had for leadership from the highest office in the land. All the cries of 'fake news', 'witch hunts' and 'deep states' only underscore that there is a very troubled man holding the office of President of The United States. That he has a 'bigger button' than anyone else makes the situation even more dangerous for all of us.

My larger point, and one that should not be lost upon those who refuse to acknowledge the flaws Trump brings to administering the government, is if you were under the impression that nobody wanted to listen to your heartfelt worries about your job, your health, your future and your family's future, I don't believe it's a great stretch of the imagination how little anyone will care what you might say, think or believe after the legal investigations are over and this administration's day of reckoning arrives. The simple phrase "Wrong side of history" comes to mind.

If you were to believe no one cared about you previously, you've done yourself little favor with unwavering support for Trump's immoral enterprise. A sad tale. One that was self-inflicted and one that, as it has played out, I hold little sympathy for.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:06 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,293,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I get it... Bannon is anti-Rino and Trump has to work with the Rinos to get things done.. Bannon is getting po'ed.. he is now out and Mitch told Trump to campaign for Strange..that cut Bannon big..Bannon lost to Mitch on Roy Moore... must be Trump giving in some if Mitch gives him the tax cut. It is called compromise to get things done.

Sounds like real life with trust issues between Bannon and Trump..
The RINOs are getting the better end of the deal here.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:06 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,483,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
One word: PARDON.

Kushner might not be willing to take the risk and wait for a possible pardon that might not occur, versus taking a "deal" beforehand to save his hide. Maybe Trump promised a pardon but changes his mind in a fit of rage and leaves Kushner to 60 years in prison. Or Maybe Trump resigns in a fit of rage and forgets to pardon Kushner beforehand. Or maybe Trump planned to pardon but has a heart attack in his sleep and never wakes up. This could put Kushner in prison for life with nobody to pardon him.

All these possibilities are running through Kushner's mind 24x7. He can't mention this to Ivanka though. He's got to act like he's going to fall on the sword for his FIL. But he won't.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:07 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,965,362 times
I'm just going to make some popcorn and watch this latest dysfunction unfold. What a mess Trump, Bannon and all their cohorts are. Fun to watch, but our status in the world continues to nosedive because of these stupid and incompetent guys.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Bannon was simply saying he wanted to destroy the political infrastructure of the current State much like Lenin did 100 years ago.

It has nothing to do with being politically aligned.

Relax. Take a sip of your drink. And enjoy this fine day.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:09 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Bannon is certainly smarter than Trump, but that’s all the good things I can think of.
Are we seeing a split in The Force? ... or is this just a lover's quarrel?

Old 01-03-2018, 02:12 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Bannon himself says he was just a staffer and felt restricted because he had influence but no power. He is more of a lone wolf and likes to be The Boss. His mistake was criticizing Trump family members. Anyone who has ever worked for a family business knows that is forbidden.
I had no idea our Government became a family business under Trump !

Old 01-03-2018, 02:15 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
I had no idea our Government became a family business under Trump !

Pure comedy.

Old 01-03-2018, 02:15 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RosieSD View Post
It will be interesting to compare what Bannon had to say about President Trump and his relationship with the President IN HIS OWN WORDS just three months ago with what he says on Hannity tonight. Here's that previous interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hz9FqepcRUM

This has probably already been posted somewhere already, but here's what Trump is saying about Bannon these days:

Trump Breaks With Bannon Says He Has Lost His Mind

Trump: Bannon has 'lost his mind' | TheHill

I'm sure there's much more to all of this then we'll ever know, but it sure does sound like Trump and Bannon have had a bit of a falling out since September.
Indeed. But I’d say it’s more than a bit.

The one who’s losing it is Trump. He minimized Bannon’s role in his campaign and presidency which is BULLCRAP. Bannon was in the National Security Council. Trump made the usual accusation: Bannon had nothing to do with the good and all to do with the bad. His followers can’t see how that’s a crock. He’s even accused Bannon of leaking info. Wasn’t that supposed to be the “Deep State”?

Nah. The one who’s sweating bullets is Trump. Pass the popcorn, y’all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies