Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2018, 05:59 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
That book will be used to make the fireplace burn well!

What a waste of trees!
Trees?
Snap out of it bentlebee. Most of the sales these days are use electrons, not wood pulp.

More people now read a book on their phone, tablet, or digital reader than on paper. Only the old geezers like me still buy printed books. I like them because they don't need batteries, but I'm in the minority now.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:59 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,398,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Donald Trump's lawyers seek to stop Michael Wolff's book on the White House | The Independent

Kind of amusing..a letter has no legal standing

"A lawyer for President Donald Trump is seeking to halt the publication of an explosive new book that claims to have insider information on the Trump White House.
Attorney Charles J Harder instructed the book’s publisher to “immediately cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination of the book,” in a letter. Mr Harder says he is pursuing possible libel charges against the book’s author."

Trump's lawyers did such a good job, they moved up the release date. Trump is such a putz. Albeit one with pre-dementia

Old 01-04-2018, 06:00 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Donald Trump's lawyers seek to stop Michael Wolff's book on the White House | The Independent

Kind of amusing..a letter has no legal standing

"A lawyer for President Donald Trump is seeking to halt the publication of an explosive new book that claims to have insider information on the Trump White House.
Attorney Charles J Harder instructed the book’s publisher to “immediately cease and desist from any further publication, release or dissemination of the book,” in a letter. Mr Harder says he is pursuing possible libel charges against the book’s author."

So how does he charge Wolff with libel. Do they depose each of the 200 interviewees, ask them to review what they said, then have Trump prove he doesn't act like a child, isn't illiterate, doesn't try to bed his friend's wives, etc.? Please make a trial happen!

Old 01-04-2018, 06:03 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
So how does he charge Wolff with libel. Do they depose each of the 200 interviewees, ask them to review what they said, then have Trump prove he doesn't act like a child, isn't illiterate, doesn't try to bed his friend's wives, etc.? Please make a trial happen!
Heck...just the fact that we have all these recordings..just ripe for supeana..should make Trump think twice about some sort of court action.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...cording-770431

Old 01-04-2018, 06:04 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,086,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Like I mentioned in another post, my pro-Trump brother agrees with you that Trump wasn't serious about winning. From the clips I've read this also appears to be one of the key points of the Wolff book.

But how does THAT transfer into being an effective President? I understand your point that not wanting to be President might make him less impervious to special interests. Here, too, one of his talking points early on - VERY early on - that intrigued me about Trump was his rhetoric that he was going to go to Washington DC and straighten out Congress. Bridge the divide. Stop the partisanship.

But did ANY of that happen? Instead, we seem to have ended up with a President who just like he had no real intention of becoming President now has minimal interest in learning about HOW to be a President. In doing the hard work. Worse, he's probably incapable if only an emotional level.

Sure, the mechanics of government may help us skate through the next few years.

But my main interest in "trashing" Trump and in books like this is to build in a safety factor. The more acknowledgement within the Trump's staff ... within the Republican party ... and within the country as a whole that Trump is incompetent the more likely he will be prevented from some sort of disastrous action.

In the meantime, sure, the Republicans can have all the Supreme Court nominations that come to them. I may dislike the turn the Court takes but as long as it falls within the normal process of our Democracy reflecting the views of other American citizens then that is to be accepted.

It is a "win" for some Trump voters - until it's NOT at which point we all potentially lose.

I think there's too many checks and bslances for anything to pop off. Though I could be wrong. I wasn't naive enough to think a wall would get built, do I cast my vote on one single issue as I said: the Supreme Court.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:06 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Gosh golly darn gee ... guess what book is #1 on Amazon's best selling list ALREADY? And it's not even out!
Due out tomorrow. They moved the release date up four days because of interest in it.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:08 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Due out tomorrow. They moved the release date up four days because of interest in it.
I'm hoping one of my copies will be available for download in seven hours.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:09 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
i don't know what book y'all are talking about

but i would maybe read a book he wrote, if he wrote one. but i would definitely not ever pay for it.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:11 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,202,259 times
oh, look, another fake thread. Not Bannon's book, and wrong, the left can't wait to read it and laugh as they see the idiocy they already know exists in the Trump White House confirmed in painful detail.

Old 01-04-2018, 06:12 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Heck...just the fact that we have all these recordings..just ripe for supeana..should make Trump think twice about some sort of court action.

http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...cording-770431
Would be pretty funny if it was his ego, of all things, that did him in.

So hurt by the mean things being written by him, sues for "libel", only to have a bunch of incredibly-damaging stuff unearthed during discovery.

I know he's an idiot, but his lawyers can't be that incompetent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies