U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 07:27 AM

15,309 posts, read 17,502,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post

How much has this book set you guys back?
$0.00

There are some free links online. One of the google links is in this very thread where the entire book can be downloaded for free via that link.

Much of the book is from Bannon's standpoint while working in the WH. It outlines the tug-of-war between Bannon and Javanka and gets into details about Bannon's attempts to get the America First policies implemented. It talks about various power players and discussions amongst them.

Republicans would enjoy reading this book. It's like being inside the WH while decisions are being made and discussed and while humans are struggling for power amongst their co-workers(Bannon and Priebus vs Javanka).

It also talks about the sources for various leaks which have occurred over the past year.

I don't see a liberal spin in the book. Rather, it's a Bannon spin, IMO. Seems that Bannon spent the most time with the author.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:58 AM

35,061 posts, read 19,171,984 times
Lightbulb Trumplings...

Please relax.

It's only a book.

A book quoting tRump's own WH staff and their opinions/concerns.

You should want to read up on that. You know, to remain informed.

I look forward to reading it. I prefer to be informed rather than misinformed.

YMMV

Old 01-08-2018, 08:11 AM

4,955 posts, read 1,783,699 times
You can never learn too much about someone who is working hard to undermine and ultimately destroy our democratic representative government. Of course anyone that reads the book needs to do so with healthy skepticism and be able to ferret out the useful information. Trump supporters do the same thing when they watch Fox news, or read Breitbart, right?

Old 01-08-2018, 08:12 AM

1,296 posts, read 827,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Please relax.

It's only a book.

A book quoting tRump's own WH staff and their opinions/concerns.

You should want to read up on that. You know, to remain informed.

I look forward to reading it. I prefer to be informed rather than misinformed.

YMMV

It's already been proven to be a pack of lies, even admitted as such by the author himself. Good luck getting informed with that.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:35 AM

35,061 posts, read 19,171,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
It's already been proven to be a pack of lies, even admitted as such by the author himself.
Prove it.

Quote:
Good luck getting informed with that.
I'm a lucky kind of guy.

Old 01-08-2018, 08:47 AM

22,730 posts, read 16,188,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
What I find amazing: The liberals who despise Trump, always whining and crying about him, are going to buy a lame book about him. They can't get enough of their President!

How much has this book set you guys back?
You mean like those who despised Obama and ran out and not only bought Dinesh D'Souza's book but also saw the movie based on same?

Old 01-08-2018, 08:50 AM

22,952 posts, read 22,459,897 times
The following says all that needs to be said about this "book". It looks like the National Enquirer is more truthful and has more reliable stories than this "book" does. The first one in his own words sums it all up pretty well, he's (Wolff) an admitted liar and fake, whatever it takes to get what HE wants.

Quote:
His reliability has been challenged before — over quotes, descriptions and general accounts he’s provided in his many newspaper and magazine columns and in several books. Wolff has even acknowledged that he can be unreliable: As he recounted in “Burn Rate” — his best-selling book about his time as an early Internet entrepreneur — Wolff kept his bankers at bay by fabricating a story about his father-in-law having open-heart surgery.

“How many fairly grievous lies had I told?” he wrote. “How many moral lapses had I committed? How many ethical breaches had I fallen into? . . . Like many another financial conniver, I was in a short-term mode.” Wolff’s business collapsed in 1997.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...=.eb58e7c9603e

Quote:
Well, well, well, turns out even Michael Wolff, author of the “Fire and Fury” book that has sparked such national discussion about the Donald Trump White House, admits that not everything he wrote is true.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mits-not-all-/

Quote:
Wolff has said in media interviews that he stands by his reporting, but the author's note acknowledges that he was merely piecing together the information he gathered as it came from his sources, regardless of whether he could confirm their accounts.
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/mi...rticle/2645088

Quote:
Author Michael Wolff bolstered President Trump's effort to discredit the new book “Fire and Fury” on Friday when he acknowledged in a “Today” show interview that he had been willing to say whatever was “necessary” to gain access at the White House.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f665116e7cd4

Old 01-08-2018, 09:24 AM

20,315 posts, read 9,825,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
It looks like the National Enquirer is more truthful ...
i've yet to see anything specifically challenged from the book. even bannon admits that his "traitorous" comment was correct but argues it was aimed at manafort, not donnie j jr.

Old 01-08-2018, 09:41 AM

37,865 posts, read 14,749,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
i've yet to see anything specifically challenged from the book. even bannon admits that his "traitorous" comment was correct but argues it was aimed at manafort, not donnie j jr.
Sarah Huckabee Sanders did say that Trump could recognize Boehner.

Since Trump didn't recognize his wife when she was standing right next to him and Sarah Huckabee Sanders lies constantly, who knows whether this is true or not?

Old 01-08-2018, 10:12 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,564,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sarah Huckabee Sanders did say that Trump could recognize Boehner.

Since Trump didn't recognize his wife when she was standing right next to him and Sarah Huckabee Sanders lies constantly, who knows whether this is true or not?

Sanders "lies constantly?" Please. I'm sure President Trump "didn't recognize his wife." Yeah, right. You people are so pathetic!

We know who the liars are. Do you own a mirror?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or