U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 01-12-2018, 07:56 AM
 
Location: LEAVING CD
22,952 posts, read 22,476,406 times
Reputation: 15493

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I watched the video clip. He wasn't winging it. He was reading from a piece of paper.

How do you get numbers wrong when you are reading them?
You do realize he doesn't write those papers? Secondly, I've seen lots of people transpose numbers, mess up names of people and places when reading out loud from books/papers. How about all those "professional" news readers who screw up reading from a teleprompter for a living day in and day out? Do you hold THEM to the same standards?

It happens to people from all walks of life. Part of being human.

 
Old 01-12-2018, 09:08 AM
 
Location: Mount Airy, Maryland
10,393 posts, read 5,880,956 times
Reputation: 15936
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You do realize he doesn't write those papers? Secondly, I've seen lots of people transpose numbers, mess up names of people and places when reading out loud from books/papers. How about all those "professional" news readers who screw up reading from a teleprompter for a living day in and day out? Do you hold THEM to the same standards?

It happens to people from all walks of life. Part of being human.
It is sad how the bar for acceptable behavior for the President of the United States has dropped so low. Regardless of how it happened the point is it did happen. And things like this are happening to this guy far more often than the do with a TV reporter, it's very rare for a reporter to make this many screw ups.

And, this just in, Trump's got the most important job on Earth yet screw ups are the norm. A day after I brought this up he's said yet another stupid thing.
 
Old 01-12-2018, 10:35 AM
exm
 
Location: Long Island, NY
2,121 posts, read 698,607 times
Reputation: 1364
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
It is sad how the bar for acceptable behavior for the President of the United States has dropped so low. Regardless of how it happened the point is it did happen. And things like this are happening to this guy far more often than the do with a TV reporter, it's very rare for a reporter to make this many screw ups.

And, this just in, Trump's got the most important job on Earth yet screw ups are the norm. A day after I brought this up he's said yet another stupid thing.
Obama sounds Presidential but acted like a thug. Trump might sounds like a thug but is acting Presidential. I'll take Trump.
 
Old 01-12-2018, 01:10 PM
 
10,242 posts, read 9,333,027 times
Reputation: 15839
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mits-not-all-/

Oh wait, no it's not.
 
Old 01-12-2018, 01:13 PM
 
Location: Living rent free in your head
30,902 posts, read 13,468,757 times
Reputation: 22019
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mits-not-all-/

Oh wait, no it's not.
Oh breaking news! oh wait...not it's not it's the same thing that numerous people have posted in this thread, in the author's notes Wolff wrote:

"In his prologue, Wolff writes, as Business Insider noted: “Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are boldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book.”

^That is from your source
 
Old 01-12-2018, 01:48 PM
 
20,315 posts, read 9,835,109 times
Reputation: 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!
did you read the actual author's note?
 
Old 01-12-2018, 01:56 PM
 
22,866 posts, read 12,203,928 times
Reputation: 7226
It's a silly gossip book doing exactly what it was meant to do -- troll Trump and the conservatives.
 
Old 01-12-2018, 02:34 PM
 
6,874 posts, read 6,952,133 times
Reputation: 5733
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
It's a silly gossip book doing exactly what it was meant to do -- troll Trump and the conservatives.
Love it, though, because it shows what a mess Trump and his administration are!
 
Old 01-12-2018, 02:50 PM
 
Location: FL
15,663 posts, read 8,768,581 times
Reputation: 3778
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
Surprise! Surprise! Surprise!

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...mits-not-all-/

Oh wait, no it's not.
In his prologue, Wolff writes, as Business Insider noted: “Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are boldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book.”

He has said that since this started, where have you been?
 
Old 01-12-2018, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Lost in Montana *recalculating*...
11,838 posts, read 15,452,759 times
Reputation: 12099
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
In his prologue, Wolff writes, as Business Insider noted: “Many of the accounts of what has happened in the Trump White House are in conflict with one another; many, in Trumpian fashion, are boldly untrue. These conflicts, and that looseness with the truth, if not with reality itself, are an elemental thread of the book.”

He has said that since this started, where have you been?
Head. Stuck.. In.. Sand.

Or somewhere else unmentionable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top