Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 01:09 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,633,384 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
As amusing as this all is, the real problem here is that the GOP is refusing to take responsibility for the travesty unfolding in the White House. They sit silently by while this moron destroys the country. They need to suffer, and suffer greatly, for their silent complacency in the horror show that is the Trump presidency.
You have nailed it. What we are seeing is the Republican party having learned from Nixon's situation. Today's GOP is much more combative, much more extreme and now fully controlled by extremely powerful billionaires who have been funding them more and more each cycle. The GOP is now completely dependent on a couple of dozen major donors and of course many smallers ones. But the Koch "group" (it is a number of families working together) fully control a few dozen Repubs and uses them like a stick to beat the party with.

The GOP are just ignoring Trump's breach of law, his abuse of power and his obvious inability to govern the nation. Then there are the massive and obvious links to PUTIN, Russian money laundering and emoluments...

If Putin is Saruman, then Trump is Wormtongue

Old 01-03-2018, 01:09 PM

33,563 posts, read 18,147,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
Bannon was never in favor of dramatic tax cuts for the wealthy.
Bannon has a war going with Mitch Mcconnell getting Roy Moore elected. Mitch won.. Trump on the direction of Mcconnell , who wanted Strange and Trump went to bat for Strange. This made Bannon po'ed... from there it has been no love fest between Bannon and Trump.. Bannon is very anti-Rino which Mitch is and so is Strange. I get it.. Bannon is angry.. hates the Rinos .

Old 01-03-2018, 01:11 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,846,995 times
Quote:
If it wasn't for Bannon and Breitbart supporters' enthusiastic support, Trump would have lost to Ted Cruz or one of the GOPe, and Hillary would have won the Presidency.

When I voted for Trump in the primary in Indiana, the state that put him over the top, lines were wrapped around the courthouse in the rain for Trump. Most of these were likely Breitbart supporters.

Name one other outlet that gave Trump positive coverage besides Infowars. There wasn't one. Steve and Breitbart were all in, with Trump throwing us red meat.

As Trump has waffled on his biggest commitments - wall, infrastructure, health care, firing the good people in the cabinet - we've left the year disappointed as Trump has basically turned into GOPe policies with all the baggage of the tweets.

I'm going to support Bannon on this one.
What I superficially found was that Trump was upset with Bannon for attacking his son in the book... its more than likely revenge because his son wanted Bannon out of the WH administration... So I am not sure what you mean by standing with Bannon...

Old 01-03-2018, 01:13 PM

15,627 posts, read 10,382,405 times
I voted for trump, not bannon.

superfluous crap being being thrown at walls by bannon and others is irrelevant to me.

policies matter. not personalities.

the economy is finally buzzing again. unemployment is low. tax plan passed. Israel supported. out with the paris accord. etc, etc, etc. trump is doing a great job.

even the NYtimes is praising trump's success.

"a wave of optimism has swept over American business leaders and it is beginning to translate into the investment in new plants, equipment and factory upgrades..."

"... that bolsters economic growth, spurs job creation — and may finally raise wages significantly. While business leaders are eager for the tax cuts that take effect this year, the newfound confidence was initially inspired by the Trump administration’s regulatory pullback, not so much because deregulation is saving companies money but because the administration has instilled a faith in business executives that new regulations are not coming."

https://nyti.ms/2DIZejd "The Trump Effect: Business, Anticipating Less Regulation, Loosens Purse Strings."*

Last edited by texan2yankee; 01-03-2018 at 01:28 PM..

Old 01-03-2018, 01:14 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,512,088 times
Bannon is certainly smarter than Trump, but that’s all the good things I can think of.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:14 PM

272 posts, read 134,540 times
Quote:
If it wasn't for Bannon and Breitbart supporters' enthusiastic support, Trump would have lost to Ted Cruz or one of the GOPe, and Hillary would have won the Presidency.

When I voted for Trump in the primary in Indiana, the state that put him over the top, lines were wrapped around the courthouse in the rain for Trump. Most of these were likely Breitbart supporters.

Name one other outlet that gave Trump positive coverage besides Infowars. There wasn't one. Steve and Breitbart were all in, with Trump throwing us red meat.

As Trump has waffled on his biggest commitments - wall, infrastructure, health care, firing the good people in the cabinet - we've left the year disappointed as Trump has basically turned into GOPe policies with all the baggage of the tweets.

He has basically transformed more and more into the typical republican. Seems to looking for some war anywhere, falling all over himself to get into the middle east, very little done on immigration, no wall, throwing out daca amnesty. Playing tons of golf though and of course tax cuts! Typical republican wimpiness

We will see, if he waffles on amnesty it will be an enormous betrayal. Immigration and demographic change is the major issue for alot of people. Breitbart is the biggest right wing site in the world, in the top 50 web sites in the country. No other republican site or magazine even comes close to its influence

Old 01-03-2018, 01:21 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,443,354 times
Excerpts:
Trump Tower meeting with Russians 'treasonous', Bannon says in explosive book
"Bannon has criticised Trump’s decision to fire Comey. In Wolff’s book, obtained by the Guardian ahead of publication from a bookseller in New England, he suggests White House hopes for a quick end to the Mueller investigation are gravely misplaced.

“You realise where this is going,” he is quoted as saying. “This is all about money laundering. Mueller chose [senior prosecutor Andrew] Weissmann first and he is a money-laundering guy. Their path to f--ing Trump goes right through Paul Manafort, Don Jr and Jared Kushner … It’s as plain as a hair on your face.”"

"Fire and Fury will be published next week. Wolff is a prominent media critic and columnist who has written for the Guardian and is a biographer of Rupert Murdoch. He previously conducted interviews for the Hollywood Reporter with Trump in June 2016 and Bannon a few months later.

He told the Guardian in November that to research the book, he showed up at the White House with no agenda but wanting to “find out what the insiders were really thinking and feeling”. He enjoyed extraordinary access to Trump and senior officials and advisers, he said, sometimes at critical moments of the fledgling presidency.

The rancour between Bannon and “Javanka” – Kushner and his wife Ivanka Trump – is a recurring theme of the book. Kushner and Ivanka are Jewish. Henry Kissinger, the former secretary of state, is quoted as saying: “It is a war between the Jews and the non-Jews.”

Trump is not spared. Wolff writes that Thomas Barrack Jr, a billionaire who is one of the president’s oldest associates, allegedly told a friend: “He’s not only crazy, he’s stupid.”"

Old 01-03-2018, 01:23 PM

35,057 posts, read 31,266,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
He has basically transformed more and more into the typical republican. Seems to looking for some war anywhere, falling all over himself to get into the middle east, very little done on immigration, no wall, throwing out daca amnesty. Playing tons of golf though and of course tax cuts! Typical republican wimpiness

We will see, if he waffles on amnesty it will be an enormous betrayal. Immigration and demographic change is the major issue for alot of people. Breitbart is the biggest right wing site in the world, in the top 50 web sites in the country. No other republican site or magazine even comes close to its influence
Absolutely. Trump was NOT voted in to be a dumber Dubya. That's what we have, and a good measure of what I think Steve is angry about.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:28 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,643,154 times
Quote:

Bannon has no place to land in politics. He is a man without a country. An airplane low on fuel with no place to set down. He's finished !!! Trump is still standing and in power. Signing on to Bannon at anytime was signing on to be second, at best, at anytime. His future is to wonder in the wilderness with chattering dentures scavenging for attention.

Last edited by phma; 01-03-2018 at 01:39 PM..

Old 01-03-2018, 01:35 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,565,658 times
Bannon will be on Hannity's TV show tonight according to Hannity (I'm listening to the radio show now). He said the book the Guardian quoted was taken out of context. I will watch to hear it directly from the man's lips and not Alt Left media -- I've learned from experience!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies