Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 10:11 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
It is not my normal character and inclination to simply label someone with perjorative terms like "moron", imbecile", "idiot", and the like. If I don't think someone's thinking is sound, I'll aim to be more descriptive such as "Your statements are not the most well-thought-out" or "Your argument lacks evidential backup", et al. I don't aim to be venomous or hurtful of a person's basic human dignity but rather more explanatory.

Yet, in the case of Donald Trump (even in his life before the Presidency and now as "President of the United States"), it is very very hard to not be impressed by him as being of a rather low level of intellectual development (or, to put it in more biting, perjorative terms that even a host of his associates over time have described him, as a "moron" or "idiot"). He just exemplifies this quality so very very very very much over the course of his public life. And I would say or think the same thing about him even as someone (myself) who can be found to, at times, take stances in the conservative or libertarian vein (and at other times in the liberal/moderate to left-leaning vein).

Why does he impress me as such? Well, he is consistently and continually, throughout the years of his public life (for I don't know him in his private life) so very very inarticulate and poorly spoken and what he DOES express is so very very often so poorly thought out, ineloquent, lacking in intellectual rigor or defensibility, and so on. And he continually comes across as such an arrogant and abrasive blowhard, a bully, and most definitely a habitual serial liar. This man comes across as so seriusly lacking a moral foundation and compass with his incessant lying and subscription to discredited or indefensible ideas and notions. I myself, in contrast to him, try to ALWAYS speak what I know or else can best discern to be "the truth" in all circumstances . . . whether expressing that truth hurts or helps my cause or case. I aim to always be truthful at all costs (what I call being "intellectually honest" and being a "true truth seeker") and, if I deem that what I thought to be "the truth" was not actually correct, then I reveal or admit this and let myself be corrected. Yet Donald Trump is seemingly the polar opposite of this as a long-standing life pattern. It reflects very poor character on his part.

It is so hard to believe that this is a man who comes from a very privileged background from birth-onward, went to the respected Fordham University as an undergrad and then attended the Wharton School of Finance at the University of Pennsylvania (an Ivy League school) as a graduate student and has had access to super wealth his entire life to give him all the access and priveleges to EVERYTHING in life to afford him the life circumstances to be a very highly intelligent, insightful, wise, and well-spoken person. And yet this man is so very very very poorly spoken (consistently so . . . as a veritable way-of-life). Frankly, this aspect of him is rather shocking. How can this be so for someone with his background & life circumstances? In summary, he truly truly DOES unimpress me so very much . . . and again, note that I can be one who can take conservative or libertarian outlooks or stances myself at times.
Very well said, but sadly I must admit slightly above the....err... paygrade of the most loyal Trump followers that may visit this dark hole in the forum.

But yes- I agree. Trump is nothing short of a thief, liar, bully and con-man.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:12 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
I keep hearing more about the author of this book, that he was criticized in the past for another book he wrote where he misquoted what his interviewees said. Same thing is happening now that more of his White House subjects are reading their own chapters. So it will be interesting to hear what they really said. I suspect Bannon will be making the rounds of TV shows. He should talk about it on his Sirius XM Breitbart radio show. Good way to get more subscribers!

Old 01-03-2018, 10:14 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Bannon isn't the only one who "used" Trump, so has Putin,and also China. The Chinese saw how reckless and destructive he is, and they moved right in for the kill, filling the voids left when America abandoned the rest of the world.

Trump has been conned , and it is only fitting, since he conned a large percentage of the people in this country. He is just to dumb to realize it.
So you obviously feel the same about Hillary then, using your own criteria.

By the way, how much money did you save with this tax cut? Why don't you donate it all to the DNC in protest against Trump?

Old 01-03-2018, 10:18 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take57 View Post
Just got mo' better:

Trump attorney sends Bannon cease and desist letter over 'disparaging' comments - ABC News

Kind of shoots down any notion that Trump believes the book is a total fabrication huh?
I just read back a few pages to see what all the furor is about. The link indicates that:

Quote:
On behalf of our clients, legal notice was issued today to Stephen K. Bannon, that his actions of communicating with author Michael Wolff regarding an upcoming book give rise to numerous legal claims including defamation by libel and slander, and breach of his written confidentiality and non-disparagement agreement with our clients. Legal action is imminent."
Is it the typical practice for politicians - who represent the people - to utilize confidentiality agreements? Personally, I associate them with those in the public eye who want to keep private matters (often dirty laundry) out of the tabloids or perhaps after private settlements.

Trump supposedly is doing the people's business. Sure, if an employee breaches his confidence he/she should be fired. If national security information is disclosed, then charged.

But a civil suit? From a POTUS?

Is this really NORMAL or in any way usual?

Maybe it's only me, but this just strikes me as downright strange.

Last edited by EveryLady; 01-03-2018 at 10:27 PM..

Old 01-03-2018, 10:20 PM

19,743 posts, read 22,635,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If you've never watched a White House press briefing you may want to watch today's. Lot of presstitutes with questions about Bannon as well as North Korea. Press briefings are addictive due to their entertainment value! The press corps looks like the cast of a sitcom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svD_Nxqer00
Too bad her future lot is cast as the water bearer for a habitual madman and quite possibly the worst president this country has ever elected.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:27 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,842,780 times
Quote:
As much as Trumpees try to pass this off as a nothing burger, the facts are, this is just one more crack in the Donald Trump dam. When Steve Bannon turns against Trump , you know things are really bad.

Also, when you see Trump circling the wagons by calling out his lawyers, you know there are things Bannon knows and that Trump doesn't want made public.

2018 is shaping up to be a wonderful year already !

A-M-E-N! I love how the NUT-JOB has MELTDOWNS,LOL!

Old 01-03-2018, 10:27 PM

6,046 posts, read 4,814,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
I just read back a few pages to see what all the furor is about. The link indicates that:

Is it normal for politicians - who represent the people - to utilize confidentiality agreements? Personally, I associate them with those in the public eye who want to keep private matters (often dirty laundry) out of the tabloids or perhaps after private settlements.

Trump supposedly is doing the people's business. Sure, if an employee breaches his confidence he/she should be fired. If national security information is disclosed, then charged.

Maybe it's just me, but this just strikes me as downright strange.
There isn't going to be a civil suit of any kind. One word stops Trump cold. Discovery.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:34 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post

Is it normal for politicians - who represent the people - to utilize confidentiality agreements? Personally, I associate them with those in the public eye who want to keep private matters (often dirty laundry) out of the tabloids or perhaps after private settlements.

Maybe it's just me, but this just strikes me as downright strange.
tRump has a long tendency to threaten legal action and then completely back off.

As he's shown inoffice, he's an empty suit; a blowhard.

In this case, he definitely WON'T do anything.

Because all the damning statements in that book would then become part of the court record. All his genius legal team has done is to basically confirm the authenticity of the book's descriptions.

tRump is such a dimwit.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:35 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Quote:
As much as Trumpees try to pass this off as a nothing burger, the facts are, this is just one more crack in the Donald Trump dam. When Steve Bannon turns against Trump , you know things are really bad.

Also, when you see Trump circling the wagons by calling out his lawyers, you know there are things Bannon knows and that Trump doesn't want made public.

2018 is shaping up to be a wonderful year already !
Donald Trump Dam. Love it.

I liken it to Swiss cheese at this point.

Old 01-03-2018, 10:36 PM

8,494 posts, read 3,335,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weichert View Post
There isn't going to be a civil suit of any kind. One word stops Trump cold. Discovery.
Oh I agree. Most of Trump's lawsuits threats are just that - threats, a legacy of the years of how he did "business" threatening other businesses and the contractors who worked for him.

That last thing he would want is actual discovery.

But apparently he has continued his past practice (when a celebrity) of having employees sign confidentiality agreements, certainly during the campaign when Bannon may have signed one.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b08608d332f5db

That strikes me as WRONG. What goes on behind closed doors should potentially be viewable by the public he's campaigning to represent.

Sure, if an employee starts releasing campaign strategies to your opponent, fire his/her ass - which could well and should make that employee potentially toxic to a new employer.

But that's not what Trump is about - he either does not have the temperament to withstand criticism and/or cannot withstand public scrutiny of how he conducts himself off the campaign stage.

And so a confidentiality agreement? Really? Very strange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies