U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2018, 10:30 AM

22,113 posts, read 9,405,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Man, I'd hate to be the staffer who's tasked with reading this to Trump.
Trump can't focus that long. He will require a picture presentation, and they aren't supposed to show him anything negative lest he have a temper tantrum and misbehave or tweet inanities.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:32 AM

10,930 posts, read 5,011,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Man, I'd hate to be the staffer who's tasked with reading this to Trump.
I would love to be a fly on that wall.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:33 AM

30,902 posts, read 13,468,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
"The author of the explosive new book about Donald Trump's presidency acknowledged in an author's note that he wasn't certain all of its content was true.
Michael Wolff, the author of "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," included a note at the start that casts significant doubt on the reliability of the specifics contained in the rest of its pages.
Several of his sources, he says, were definitely lying to him, while some offered accounts that flatly contradicted those of others."
If you like to read fiction, go for it.
Poor snowflake...the admission by the author that sources might have lied to him does not make the book fiction, but you can keep hoping and praying that none of it is true which will do you about as much good as staying up late on Christmas eve to see Santa Claus.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:33 AM

22,113 posts, read 9,405,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
"The author of the explosive new book about Donald Trump's presidency acknowledged in an author's note that he wasn't certain all of its content was true.

Michael Wolff, the author of "Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House," included a note at the start that casts significant doubt on the reliability of the specifics contained in the rest of its pages.

Several of his sources, he says, were definitely lying to him, while some offered accounts that flatly contradicted those of others."

If you like to read fiction, go for it.
If you are told by the author that someone is lying or contradicting someone else, why is that fiction?

And, frankly, over half of the country wishes this presidency and the disorganized mess around it was, in fact, fiction.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:34 AM

30,194 posts, read 16,582,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Then where is the parade of people coming out to deny they said those things. And why a cease and desist letter, and the threat of a lawsuit to block the release if was all lies.
Oh, you must get your news from CNN (Cannabis News Network) and MSNBC. They have denied these things. But you would never hear that on the Leftist media networks.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:34 AM

7,614 posts, read 2,223,378 times
"I have a certain combination of fearlessness and foolishness," he told the Washington Post in 2001. "I don't really care. I will say anything." ~ Michael Wolff

Old 01-05-2018, 10:36 AM

10,930 posts, read 5,011,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, you must get your news from CNN (Cannabis News Network) and MSNBC. They have denied these things. But you would never hear that on the Leftist media networks.
To be fair, some have questioned the accuracy of the claims in the book. These statements were made on CNN.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:36 AM

4,730 posts, read 1,961,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immerse View Post
We all know Trump family & co are traitors for even willing to have support of a foreign enemy to win the elections.

The emails shown by Don Jr show it all. He knew dirt was coming from Russians, and still replied "I love it" and took on the meeting to learn more.

Up to 19th century, half of trump's associates would be hung on the tree by now. Thankfully, we have a due process now where Mueller will "crack Don Jr. like an egg" according to Mr Bannon:

Bannon called Trump Jr.-Russia meeting 'treasonous': report | TheHill

After news of the meeting surfaced last year, Bannon reportedly said: “The three senior guys in the campaign thought it was a good idea to meet with a foreign government inside Trump Tower in the conference room on the 25th floor – with no lawyers. They didn’t have any lawyers."

“Even if you thought that this was not treasonous, or unpatriotic, or bad ****, and I happen to think it’s all of that, you should have called the FBI immediately," Bannon said, according to the book

It's in his new book, so trump snowflakes calling everything they don't like "fake news", won't have much room to do it this time.
“The Capitalists will sell us the rope with which we will hang them.”

Vladimir Lenin

Old 01-05-2018, 10:38 AM

3,662 posts, read 980,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You shouldn't even be talking about being lied to, when Trump himself lies on the regular. The man is a world famous liar with no shame in his game, so until you get that under control, you should never even bring that word up. It's like talking about how bad other people kids are, when you have your own equally bad kids at home.
I voted for Trump (as I've stated many times on this forum) because of the SUPREME COURT nominations, and that was it. I'm not naive enough to ever believe politicians will ever do much of any good anymore, since Bush and Obama - possibly the two worst presidents in American history - trashed this country into the ash heap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
But the contrast between now with tRump and 35 years ago with Reagan is very stark.

Ronnie was experienced in governing, very well spoken, well-liked, and fully engaged in working for the national interest. At the time, that meant winning the Cold War, which he accomplished.

He was everything that tRump is utterly incapable of being.

Astonishing. Liberals have lost it - you now LOVE McCain, and Flake, and Corker, and Bush, and now Reagan?

The worst flip-floppers in this country's history, hands down. At least conservatives (NOT "republicans" - "republicans" are NOT conservatives today, not by a long shot) have consistency.

It's really sad how duplicitous democrats have exposed themselves as with all the RINOs they now slobber over. Disturbing.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:39 AM

2,920 posts, read 907,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
"I have a certain combination of fearlessness and foolishness," he told the Washington Post in 2001. "I don't really care. I will say anything." ~ Michael Wolff
Now Wolff admits he's not sure if major parts are true. He got liberals money though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or