Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 10:42 AM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennifercheswold View Post
Ok, I know this will probably be a pain in the a** for whoever has to do this but I think for my own sake, and the sake of others, it would be great if someone could give a detailed rundown of the Russia Investigation so far. There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there. And almost every other thread is about how they either found the nail in Trump's coffin or more evidence on why this investigation is a witch-hunt. And I am personally struggling to get any help from the MSM. MSNBC/CNN aren't really covering the corruption within the FBI (Rosenstein, Strzok, Ohr, McCabe) and FOX isn't really covering possible collusion and financial ties between Trump and his aides (Kushner, Manafort. I am finding it very hard to follow along and distinguish between fact and fiction.

So ... is there anyone with a good understanding of this investigation and the many turns it has taken explain these questions?

1. What have they discovered? There hasn't been and significant discoveries. The indictments of Manafort, and Gates stem from a pre-existing investigation, and are not connected to Trump, or his campaign. The other indictments are for lying to the FBI, but no other charges were filed.

2. Any evidence so far of collusion or obstruction of justice? This question has been asked of many people that gave testimony to congress, all have answered that no evidence of collusion has been found.

3. The anti-Trumpers in the FBI? (text messages, emails, Comey) There is an ongoing Inspector General investigation into the FBI, and DOJ. Text messages were discovered that showed extreme anti-Trump bias from people within the FBI, including people on Mueller's team. There were also text messages that may point to a possible conspircy to create an "insurance policy" in case Trump won the election.

4. The Dossier? Under oath, nobody has stated that the dossier has been verified, other than some minor portions, such as that Carter Paige went to Russia. The FBI, and DOJ have been subpoenaed by congress, asking for details about the dossier. The FBI/DOJ have so far refused to comply with the subpoenas. The dossier remains unverified, and it is unknown if it was used to obtain FISA court warrants, or to launch the Russian investigation.

5. How does this investigation connect back to the DNC and Clinton? (Fusion GPS) Evidence shows that Hillary's campaign, and the DNC hired Fusion GPS to create the dossier as opposition research. It remains unclear who all was involved in the creation of the dossier, and who paid for it. There is concerns that the DOJ, and family members of the DOJ took part in the creation of the dossier.

6. In your opinion, is this investigation legitimate or not? I'll skip this one, and stick to only the facts.

7. Will it be resolved before the mid-terms? It's hard to say, indications are no.

I'll take a crack at this, my comments are in red.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 11:43 AM

312 posts, read 268,459 times
Essentially, this investigation is a s**tshow.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Well, lest go over the facts.

An investigation was started without there being a crime identified.

The investigation has gone on for well over a year, and still no evidence of any collusion, or any crimes connected with Russian interference.

What has been discovered is that commutations were uncovered that suggest that there was a possible conspircy to start the Russian investigation as an "insurance policy".

The FBI, and DOJ are under investigation, and that they are refusing to comply with subpoenas to answer basic questions about the dossier.

I would call that much worse than a s**t show.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:46 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Nobody outside of Mueller's team really knows much of anything. Anybody on the internet or any talking head you see on CNN or Fox News is just speculating and throwing in their own opinion.

From what we know so far, Mueller and his team haven't found much of anything. Until that changes, I myself believe that Mueller has reached a dead end and is just dragging this out to try and influence the 2018 mid-terms. However, if I am wrong and Mueller does find evidence of wrong-doing that reaches the POTUS, I will support any action that is taken against the president.

I personally have zero tolerance for crooked gov't officials, which is why I was "anyone but Hillary." She's as crooked as them come. But if Mueller can actually prove, beyond a doubt, that Trump was aware of Russian collusion with his campaign, I fully support his impeachment.
The statement that you made that I highlighted above is one of the few rational statements I have heard from a Trump voter on this board. Regardless of whether you voted for Trump or not, we have to let justice run its course. While I didn't vote for Trump, I will accept whatever findings come out of Mueller's investigation. If he is exonerated, and no impeachable offenses are found, so be it. I will say that the fact that Trump is doing everything in his power to discredit the investigation smells pretty damned fishy.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:51 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,085,616 times
Quote:
Based on what, what you've seen so far? The investigation is still ongoing. Are you expecting daily or weekly debriefs from Mueller? Of course not, because that's not how it works.

Instead of calling the Mueller investigation a "**** show," why don't you just wait until it's over? Look, I'm sick of the left crying "Russia Russia Russia" as well, but why don't we wait and see what comes out of the investigation once it is completed and Mueller presents the factual evidence that he has found.

Bob Mueller is literally an American hero, having received the Bronze Star for bravery and a Purple Heart while serving in Vietnam. Mueller has over 40 years of government service.

Also, Mueller is a republican, appointed as special counsel by other republicans. So it sickens me to see far-rights try their hardest to discredit an American war hero and life-long public servant just because he's digging in their backyard. Mueller has given more of his life to this country than most could ever imagine.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The statement that you made that I highlighted above is one of the few rational statements I have heard from a Trump voter on this board. Regardless of whether you voted for Trump or not, we have to let justice run its course. While I didn't vote for Trump, I will accept whatever findings come out of Mueller's investigation. If he is exonerated, and no impeachable offenses are found, so be it. I will say that the fact that Trump is doing everything in his power to discredit the investigation smells pretty damned fishy.
Trump isn't discrediting the investigation, the facts are.

The Russian investigation was started without there being a crime identified.

The investigation has gone on for well over a year, and still no evidence of any collusion, or any crimes connected with Russian interference.

What has been discovered is that commutations were uncovered that suggest that there was a possible conspircy to start the Russian investigation as an "insurance policy".

The FBI, and DOJ are under investigation, and that they are refusing to comply with subpoenas to answer basic questions about the dossier

Mueller's team is comprised with people that have documented bias, and conflicts of interest.

Are you denying that the above are facts, and discredit the investigation?

Old 01-03-2018, 01:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Detailed Rundown.
  • Hillary faces stunning electoral loss.
  • Also throws egg all over faces of MSM pundits who said for close to 2 years that Hillary would be next President and that Trump had no chance. '
  • Snowflake supporters cry, moan, put on pussyhats and protest violently.
  • Leftists cook up multiple conspiracies about Russians causing Hillary's loss.
  • MSM parrots it as fact.
  • Huge investigation insues
  • 1 year later, not one thing proved.
The Russia Meme is Dead.
In short, game, set, match.

Move on to the next liberal monumental waste of time.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:05 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,574,791 times
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.41b32778fd47

Here are the good ones

Two Trump officials pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI

Former Trump campaign chairman Paul Manafort and his deputy, Rick Gates, were also indicted in Mueller’s investigation

The special counsel is looking into the president himself

Emails revealed Donald Trump Jr., Jared Kushner and Manafort met with a Kremlin-connected lawyer in Trump Tower

Various members of the Trump campaign and administration have repeatedly not been forthcoming about their Russia connections

During the transition, Kushner suggested establishing secure communication lines with Russia

Trump Jr. exchanged private messages with WikiLeaks during the campaign

The Russians extensively used Facebook and Twitter to interfere with the election

Old 01-03-2018, 01:06 PM

57,284 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump isn't discrediting the investigation, the facts are.

The Russian investigation was started without there being a crime identified.

The FBI, and DOJ are under investigation, and that they are refusing to comply with subpoenas to answer basic questions about the dossier.

Mueller's team is comprised with people that have documented bias, and conflicts of interest.

Are you denying that the above are facts, and discredit the investigation?
You don't know what Mueller has found at this point, his investigation is not about to give weekly updates. All we know is the indictments of Manafort, Flynn and Popadoupolous, its silly to keep saying that he hasn't found anything as is to make the statement that there was no attempt by Russia to steer our election.

The DOJ is not under investigation, after hours of testimony before the congressional committees they have refused a subpoena.

Everyone is biased when it comes to Trump, anyone critical of his campaign or cabinet. This is just more smoke being sent up by the Devin Nunes wing nuts.

Old 01-03-2018, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
You don't know what Mueller has found at this point, his investigation is not about to give weekly updates. All we know is the indictments of Manafort, Flynn and Popadoupolous, its silly to keep saying that he hasn't found anything as is to make the statement that there was no attempt by Russia to steer our election.

The DOJ is not under investigation, after hours of testimony before the congressional committees they have refused a subpoena.

Everyone is biased when it comes to Trump, anyone critical of his campaign or cabinet. This is just more smoke being sent up by the Devin Nunes wing nuts.
That is what I stated, those are the only facts were have about what Mueller has found.

Also, yes, the FBI, and DOJ are under investigation by the OIG.

The FBI/DOJ still have not complied with subpoenas about the dossier, that is a fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies