U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 07:05 AM

296 posts, read 173,803 times

Advertisements

Ok, I know this will probably be a pain in the a** for whoever has to do this but I think for my own sake, and the sake of others, it would be great if someone could give a detailed rundown of the Russia Investigation so far. There seems to be a lot of misinformation out there. And almost every other thread is about how they either found the nail in Trump's coffin or more evidence on why this investigation is a witch-hunt. And I am personally struggling to get any help from the MSM. MSNBC/CNN aren't really covering the corruption within the FBI (Rosenstein, Strzok, Ohr, McCabe) and FOX isn't really covering possible collusion and financial ties between Trump and his aides (Kushner, Manafort. I am finding it very hard to follow along and distinguish between fact and fiction.

So ... is there anyone with a good understanding of this investigation and the many turns it has taken explain these questions?

1. What have they discovered?
2. Any evidence so far of collusion or obstruction of justice?
3. The anti-Trumpers in the FBI? (text messages, emails, Comey)
4. The Dossier?
5. How does this investigation connect back to the DNC and Clinton? (Fusion GPS)
6. In your opinion, is this investigation legitimate or not?
7. Will it be resolved before the mid-terms?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 07:11 AM

3,711 posts, read 716,276 times
Nobody outside of Mueller's team really knows much of anything. Anybody on the internet or any talking head you see on CNN or Fox News is just speculating and throwing in their own opinion.

From what we know so far, Mueller and his team haven't found much of anything. Until that changes, I myself believe that Mueller has reached a dead end and is just dragging this out to try and influence the 2018 mid-terms. However, if I am wrong and Mueller does find evidence of wrong-doing that reaches the POTUS, I will support any action that is taken against the president.

I personally have zero tolerance for crooked gov't officials, which is why I was "anyone but Hillary." She's as crooked as them come. But if Mueller can actually prove, beyond a doubt, that Trump was aware of Russian collusion with his campaign, I fully support his impeachment.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:13 AM

28,411 posts, read 14,121,326 times
We do know that several investigaters were major Hillary supporters and that it influenced them.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:17 AM

9,426 posts, read 3,811,894 times
4 indictments and 2 guilty pleas.
More to come.
Have patience, more information to come. The founders of Fusion GPS have a op-ed in the NYT which tells a lot, stuff they found out. Mueller has even more resources and will have time to put it together.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:58 AM

2,215 posts, read 637,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss View Post
4 indictments and 2 guilty pleas.
More to come.
Have patience, more information to come. The founders of Fusion GPS have a op-ed in the NYT which tells a lot, stuff they found out. Mueller has even more resources and will have time to put it together.
Fusion GPS..the same guys that refused to talk in court (London) and to the Senate ?

Old 01-03-2018, 09:26 AM

23,873 posts, read 17,571,986 times
Russia probe grand jury looks like ‘a Black Lives Matter rally,’ says witness

Old 01-03-2018, 09:36 AM

9,779 posts, read 7,644,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
Fusion GPS..the same guys that refused to talk in court (London) and to the Senate ?
IIRC, two of the partners refused to identify their funder and initially they also refused to identify the British investigator. After he was identified the reason for the refusal vanished.. Another partner testified for 10 hours after an agreement was reached about revealing sources. They all did talk to the committee.

Senator Grassely indicated if Fusion had no objection, the entire testimony would be released.

Old 01-03-2018, 09:37 AM

2,305 posts, read 700,124 times
It's a takedown attempt, his team is stacked with Hillary supporting trump hating prosecutors. The media wants trump to fire mueller so they can begin impeachment. They don't want to look at the dossier and want us to forget about it. They cannot find collusion but will keep digging until they can get Dems to control congress to impeach. Trump just has to keep on running the country and is at the mercy of the corrupt investigation

Old 01-03-2018, 09:39 AM

38,060 posts, read 15,286,103 times
Detailed Rundown.
  • Hillary faces stunning electoral loss.
  • Also throws egg all over faces of MSM pundits who said for close to 2 years that Hillary would be next President and that Trump had no chance. '
  • Snowflake supporters cry, moan, put on pussyhats and protest violently.
  • Leftists cook up multiple conspiracies about Russians causing Hillary's loss.
  • MSM parrots it as fact.
  • Huge investigation insues
  • 1 year later, not one thing proved.
The Russia Meme is Dead.

Last edited by WaldoKitty; 01-03-2018 at 09:58 AM..

Old 01-03-2018, 09:43 AM

9,779 posts, read 7,644,489 times
What if they all think like Ben Carson?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or