Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 11:09 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times

Advertisements

Did I miss something about Drudge turning over his website to somebody else? Lately, it's mostly tabloid trashy links. Sex this, sex that. Depravity with stories about people and animals (not together), murder and mayhem. Disgusting people doing disgusting things. Links to hardly news stories.

I've complained before about links to websites like The NYT, Washington Post and Wall St Journal where you have to have a subscription to read content when the same story is reported elsewhere and Drudge could link to that instead or clue you in that it's a link to a subscription website so you don't click on it. (I think the papers where you have to pay to read get credit for a webpage hit from a link even though you can't read the content when you get there and which distorts info to advertisers about how many readers they get but that's a different story.)

Has anyone else noticed a change with Drudge? Maybe they just changed headline writers to someone who is more sensational but jeez maybe it's just because all of the politicians have been on a holiday.

Right now there are links on Drudge to these 10 stories:

People who swear more honest?
'Morning Joe': 'Demented and Deranged'
Sex Parties of the Tech and Famous
Mag: Silicon Valley's Secret Orgiastic Dark Side
Another Female Pop Star arrested in Egypt over Sexually Suggestive Movie Video
Dog Chained Outside Home Frozen To Death
2018 Preview: Justin Timberlake Rebranding as a White Man
Cleopatra remake will rip up Hollywood rulebook: 'Dirty, bloody, lots of sex'
Top secret satellite sending 'unknown group' MYSTERY messages
World's most expensive vodka bottle stolen from bar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 11:19 AM

608 posts, read 516,075 times
Can't really say I've noticed a huge difference in the links on the site, but the pay wall sites have irritated me for some time now. I recently bumped into a post somewhere about Chrome's feature "incognito". Been using for a few days now and it's put a stop to them so far.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:26 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
Drudge is evidently very interested in sex robots.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:41 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Did I miss something about Drudge turning over his website to somebody else? Lately, it's mostly tabloid trashy links. Sex this, sex that. Depravity with stories about people and animals (not together), murder and mayhem. Disgusting people doing disgusting things. Links to hardly news stories.

Who can top fake stories like Ted Cruz's dad killed JFK?? When people want to read fakes political news, nowadays they go to Trump's twitter.

They are smart to steer away from Trump's wheelhouse and focus more on stories about sex.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:43 AM

130,290 posts, read 12,099,804 times
I stopped going to druge so often, when he went into the tank for Trump, pre election, smearing his opponents, imo, it was no longer journalism, just another trumphead. I would like to find a straightforward new source, no slants or opinions.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:51 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Drudge and his website has always been tabloidy and trash from the get go. It's what conservatives loved about it. It was their go to for fake news... and he made a lot of dough off of it. Good for him!

Old 01-03-2018, 11:54 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Drudge and his website has always been tabloidy and trash from the get go. It's what conservatives loved about it. It was their go to for fake news... and he made a lot of dough off of it. Good for him!
Drudge just post links to other sites. Often to your darlings like the NYT, Washpo, AP, Reuters and lots of other Democrat propaganda sources that lie, and try to pawn off their misinformation as "news", and "journalism". It is intentionally misleading, but I would expect nothing less from the Left.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:58 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
he loves linking to wapo stories. are you referring to those items as fake news?

Old 01-03-2018, 12:00 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
I stopped going to druge so often, when he went into the tank for Trump, pre election, smearing his opponents, imo, it was no longer journalism, just another trumphead. I would like to find a straightforward new source, no slants or opinions.
Good luck with that! I don't read mainstream opposition media for the same reason. All anti-Trump all the time. Boring! I like OANN at the moment because they have a variety of news, not just politics. I can only take so much politics at this point.

Old 01-03-2018, 12:01 PM

37,174 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post

I've complained before about links to websites like The NYT, Washington Post and Wall St Journal where you have to have a subscription to read content when the same story is reported elsewhere and Drudge could link to that instead or clue you in that it's a link to a subscription website so you don't click on it. (I think the papers where you have to pay to read get credit for a webpage hit from a link even though you can't read the content when you get there and which distorts info to advertisers about how many readers they get but that's a different story.)

Has anyone else noticed a change with Drudge? Maybe they just changed headline writers to someone who is more sensational but jeez maybe it's just because all of the politicians have been on a holiday.

Right now there are links on Drudge to these 10 stories:

People who swear more honest?
'Morning Joe': 'Demented and Deranged'
Sex Parties of the Tech and Famous
Mag: Silicon Valley's Secret Orgiastic Dark Side
Another Female Pop Star arrested in Egypt over Sexually Suggestive Movie Video
Dog Chained Outside Home Frozen To Death
2018 Preview: Justin Timberlake Rebranding as a White Man
Cleopatra remake will rip up Hollywood rulebook: 'Dirty, bloody, lots of sex'
Top secret satellite sending 'unknown group' MYSTERY messages
World's most expensive vodka bottle stolen from bar
Souds like status quo maintained to me. Alex Jones needed some competition.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies