Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2018, 08:44 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
#1 My wife and I are solidly in the Middle Class and if the online calculators are correct - we will be keeping an extra $300+ a month of our money.

https://thefinancebuff.com/payroll-t...-benefits.html
You are representative of 85% of the nation, who will see a significant reduction in Federal Income taxes paid, in most cases equal to 2 months of 2017 Federal Income taxes cut.

Old 01-07-2018, 09:33 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Those were cuts to provider reimbursement and medicare advantage, they did not impact recipients, but here's one for you Toyman...after all the conservative faux outrage over those cuts, the Republicans haven't restored them
GOP keeps Medicare cuts it attacked under Obama
You DO realize that by cutting reimbursement and Medicare advantage, that they force doctors and providers to limit or eliminate the Medicare cases they take on? And that by doing so they most certainly DO impact recipients? I'm glad to see that you're so concerned that the GOP has failed to repeal Obamacare. The rest of us are as well. Slashing Medicare providing care for our elderly, that have paid into the system all their lives, just to fund Obamacare was just one of the many shameful acts of the Obama administration.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:19 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,921,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Now I've heard it all, immigrants aren't included in determining the total population of a state unless they have high end skills and low birth rates...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
I don’t think he was saying that. He was saying they are counted as growth, but they are bad growth. It accounts for a net loss in revenue for the state.

One guy in my NJ town moved to Florida. He was paying so much income tax, that the newspaper said that he alone was a devastating loss to state revenue. He was paying around $150M a year in state income tax. So just by moving out of state for 6 months plus 1 day per year, he got a raise of $150M per year.

That is just one extreme example, but the same rings true for many wealthy people in NJ. Forget the $30k-$90k in property taxes, the nearly 10% income tax, and low threshold inheritance tax are enough to drive the wealthy out of the state.
That's exactly what I was saying.

In my opinion a growth in unskilled/uneducated population with high birth rates coupled with a loss of wealth can't be good for any state. Even NJ.

A SJW type may disagree and think it's a good thing.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:28 PM

32,063 posts, read 15,058,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Those private sector people making $50K are paying for public pensions that are well over $100K including police officers and teachers, that is the problem.

Why is that a problem when they are putting their lives on the line for you. You don't care about the CEO's of corporations making millions sitting on their ass. How are they helping you.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:32 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
[/b]

Why is that a problem when they are putting their lives on the line for you. You don't care about the CEO's of corporations making millions sitting on their ass. How are they helping you.
Simple solution:

Stop voluntarily enriching those CEOs. Don't buy any products, goods, or services as that enriches the corporations that produce such and the retailers that sell them.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:32 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You DO realize that by cutting reimbursement and Medicare advantage, that they force doctors and providers to limit or eliminate the Medicare cases they take on? And that by doing so they most certainly DO impact recipients? I'm glad to see that you're so concerned that the GOP has failed to repeal Obamacare. The rest of us are as well. Slashing Medicare providing care for our elderly, that have paid into the system all their lives, just to fund Obamacare was just one of the many shameful acts of the Obama administration.
There is no evidence that fewer providers are accepting medicare patients. But why not answer my question...why haven't Republicans who were wringing their hands in anguish over Obama's medicare cuts restored them?

Old 01-07-2018, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Simple solution:

Stop voluntarily enriching those CEOs. Don't buy any products, goods, or services as that enriches the corporations that produce such and the retailers that sell them.
No, the solution was not to lower their taxes. Trump should have done more for the middle class

Old 01-07-2018, 10:45 PM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
No, the solution was not to lower their taxes. Trump should have done more for the middle class
You complained about CEOs earning too much money. The solution is to stop voluntarily enriching them. Don't buy any products, goods, or services as that enriches the corporations that produce such and the retailers that sell them.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:46 PM

33,016 posts, read 27,455,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
The democrats in New York are trying to move away from income taxation into a super high payroll tax. Essentially shifting the burden from the wealthy onto the working class. Unreal.

How does it shift tax burden onto low-wage workers. Thing about minimum wage is that wages cannot be cut below it. And most minimum wage employers - think fast food - are already tight on labor costs, so I don't see drastic labor reductions.

Old 01-07-2018, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You complained about CEOs earning too much money. The solution is to stop voluntarily enriching them. Don't buy any products, goods, or services as that enriches the corporations that produce such and the retailers that sell them.
The solution was to give more to the middle class and not the rich in this tax reform
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies