Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2018, 01:30 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,767,275 times

Advertisements

Making donations to State Govt. will never fly as a legitimate donation when the donor gets a tax credit back equal to the donation. That makes it not really a donation at all.

Old 01-08-2018, 01:32 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,072,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This was portrayed as an economic expansion, just reducing taxes does not expand the economy. No I don't own a business but I do know plenty of small business men and they don't have any plans for expansion, consumer demand is what drives expansion. I don't need to won a business to understand economics.

Yes it will reduce some overhead but do you think this will be a difference maker for a company like Amazon.
Amazon isn't a "small business" and they are global as well.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:29 PM

3,594 posts, read 1,790,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
That’s one way of looking at it. From a monetary standpoint, children cost astronomically more than the tax credit, so anyone having children for the tax credit is operating under a very bad business model.

But let me give to another way of looking at it. A single taxpayer is working for 1 person, which is a lot cheaper than working for 4 people. As a parent, I have to work harder to support 4 people than I would if I were single. If I could pay my children “a living wage” for doing their chores, doing well at school, and for being good kids, I could disperse the income among 4 people, all at lower tax brackets that I am paying now. I would save a lot more than the measly tax credit. After all, I am doing extra work to make up for the work that they are unable to do, in order to pay for their needs on top of my own.
It also should have a positive effect on our fertility rate. We need future tax payers. Importing them from third world countries is not a good approach.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:41 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,011,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Of course if you have a great idea you don't wait for a tax cut to start a business LOL. It's businesses who could grow who benefit. Instead of their money being funneled to the government, that money is put to better use, re-investing it in the business to grow the business which many times result in hiring more people.

Let me ask you Goodnight... do you own and run a business? If not, how could you understand. You're allowing politicians and the media with an agenda to educate you.
Nonsense.

Undertaking actions to expand your business already results in tax write offs.

Tax breaks don't encourage businesses to expand. Consumer demand does. When that demand is there, a business expands regardless of taxes. If you think that's false, you're a lousy business person.

A business doesn't get a tax break and all of a sudden "oh! we have a few extra bucks! lets hire someone and that'll automatically equal more profit!" If the demand isn't there, they just wasted money. If you think that's false, you're a lousy business person.

Instead, much of that money will go to share buybacks and owners savings accounts.

Due to the recent change in tax law I have zero intention of hiring more people or paying people more.

Business tax cuts don't create jobs or cause business expansion. That is a myth of supply side economic nitwits. If you want to create jobs, you're better off giving the middle class tax cuts as they're the drivers of demand, which is what creates jobs.

Cutting corporate rates as drastically as they did is a giveaway to corporate interests. They really couldn't make that more plain and simple. It won't boost the nations economy. Corporate taxes as a proportion of federal revenue have been declining for decades, and guess who has to make up the difference? American taxpayers, the ones who actually contribute to more jobs and economic growth.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:17 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,465,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
lol sure thing because corporations always raise wages when they pay less in tax said no one ever
EVERYONE of you fascist lefties has said "Go to singlepayer, take the healthcare off the employer, and the employer will give everyone big raises to match the tax the individuals will be paying with the corps savings"

so HOW is it, that lefties scream at their highest voices, that singlepayer will give everyone raises, yet two-face, when we apply the same logic about taxes and growth????

Old 01-08-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
The point was that there is no significant growth due to tax decreases, if you have a great idea for a new business you don't wait for a tax cut. Businesses that were being taxed at a certain rate just had a decrease, that does not usually translate into growth.
yes it does

companies RE-INVEST in themselves, or else they close

Old 01-08-2018, 07:26 PM

Quote:
This was portrayed as an economic expansion, just reducing taxes does not expand the economy. No I don't own a business but I do know plenty of small business men and they don't have any plans for expansion, consumer demand is what drives expansion. I don't need to won a business to understand economics.

Yes it will reduce some overhead but do you think this will be a difference maker for a company like Amazon.
to the bolded....yet Nancy Pelosi said getting extended in-employment expanded the economy....

see, we hear one thing, all joy-joy one year, then you flip the page, and say its bad....this is why people don't trust liberals anymore

Old 01-08-2018, 07:32 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,581,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
EVERYONE of you fascist lefties has said "Go to singlepayer, take the healthcare off the employer, and the employer will give everyone big raises to match the tax the individuals will be paying with the corps savings"

so HOW is it, that lefties scream at their highest voices, that singlepayer will give everyone raises, yet two-face, when we apply the same logic about taxes and growth????
Hmm....actually that is the conservative argument for single payer

So, you are arguing that neither will result in pay raises. Is that it?

Old 01-08-2018, 07:39 PM

42,832 posts, read 26,218,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
to the bolded....yet Nancy Pelosi said getting extended in-employment expanded the economy....
see, we hear one thing, all joy-joy one year, then you flip the page, and say its bad....this is why people don't trust liberals anymore
Extending unemployment benefits does help the economy, it puts money in the hands of people who will spend it, unlike feeding a monster multinational corporation that just hoards it's tax savings offshore, see the difference now?

Old 01-08-2018, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Nonsense.

----snip----

A business doesn't get a tax break and all of a sudden "oh! we have a few extra bucks! lets hire someone and that'll automatically equal more profit!" If the demand isn't there, they just wasted money. If you think that's false, you're a lousy business person.

----snip----

while extra money, may or may not get extra people hired (yes that would be based on demand)...any time I get extra money it goes into the shop...new tools or equipment for my men, or giving them an extra raise for the ones that deserve
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.