Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 08:06 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times

Advertisements

No, you are the one who needs to pay attention. Oh, I forgot, you got emotional and put me on ignore. That is a solution, right there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Try to follow along here. You accused me of saying that $200,000 is rich. I have never said that so I asked you to show the post where I said that now you say "we are tired of your laziness"
Geezus

Old 01-09-2018, 08:14 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,018,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Dems still defending Obamacare...... lmao

Ian Dixon, who left his full-time job in 2016 to pursue an app-development business, did so because the ACA guaranteed that he could still have quality coverage for his young family, he said.

But when the 38-year-old Charlottesville husband and father of a 3- and a 1-year-old went to re-enroll this month, his only choice for coverage would cost him more than $3,000 a month for his family of four, which amounted to an increase of more than 300 percent over the $900 he paid the year before. And this is for the second-cheapest option, with a deductible of $9,200.
Sources? Need some factual evidence to back that up. Sounds like you're making up numbers.

While I'm not happy with the price I pay, it's nothing like that. $380/month for $800 deductible.

Old 01-09-2018, 07:34 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
That was happening before Obamacare.
Premiums have been going up steadily, but out of pocket amounts and Deductibles have exploded under ACA.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:13 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Sources? Need some factual evidence to back that up. Sounds like you're making up numbers.

While I'm not happy with the price I pay, it's nothing like that. $380/month for $800 deductible.
Of course they don't want to give a link because it explains that a big reason for the increase is because the GOP is trying to kill Obamacare by making it financially unfeasible for insurers to be able to provide affordable coverage.

Quote:
Doug Gray, executive director of the Virginia Association of Health Plans, had an even more tough-love take: Consumers in Charlottesville are “lucky” to have a carrier at all.

“We were the model for states in terms of competitive and successful exchanges. Then what happened is carriers lost a lot of money and they started to reexamine — ‘Gee, I’m not sure I can sustain participating in this,’ ” Gray said. “ ‘Do I want to stay in this business? Can we explain to our customers a rate increase this big?’ ”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.419e41a8f95c

Old 01-14-2018, 01:43 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
and there it is. Blue state governor made speech stating they devised strategies to preserve deduction for state and local taxes.... a state wide new higher payroll tax and charitable deduction.

Charitable gift - can not financially benefit the giver.
New Higher Payroll tax change increase the tax burden on working New Yorkers and employers.

They can no longer shift part of their burden to DC. Simple solution is to cut your tax rates.

Old 01-14-2018, 03:58 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,492,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
and there it is. Blue state governor made speech stating they devised strategies to preserve deduction for state and local taxes.... a state wide new higher payroll tax and charitable deduction.

Charitable gift - can not financially benefit the giver.
New Higher Payroll tax change increase the tax burden on working New Yorkers and employers.

They can no longer shift part of their burden to DC. Simple solution is to cut your tax rates.
Cutting tax rates in blue states is going to happen as fast as a New Year's resolution to abstain from using toilet paper!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies