U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 12:56 PM

27,351 posts, read 15,795,936 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's not just blue states, it was also red states who wouldn't give him info. It's against privacy laws. Why does he need our address, political affiliation, social security number. I'm sorry but that is none of his business.
Yep, Arizona is largely red, didn't give Trump our information. Other red states denied requests too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 01:05 PM

18,292 posts, read 8,235,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The states fought to keep the commission from knowing that there were millions of illegals voting... they know it but refuse to let the commission see anything. This is because many democratic states are guilty and most of all California.
That doesn't explain why some red states refused to give Kobach what he wanted.

What does explain it? The fact that many states have LAWS about which voter info is public and which isn't. In all states, your name and voter registration are public info. But Kobach wanted a lot more info than that.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:09 PM

1,039 posts, read 404,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
That doesn't explain why some red states refused to give Kobach what he wanted.

What does explain it? The fact that many states have LAWS about which voter info is public and which isn't. In all states, your name and voter registration are public info. But Kobach wanted a lot more info than that.
Lets not cloud the narrative with facts. Taratova is a Trump cheerleader. That says it all.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Lets not cloud the narrative with facts. Taratova is a Trump cheerleader. That says it all.
Oh I know about Taratova. But a little reality smack never hurt anyone.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:21 PM

5,019 posts, read 1,807,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Yep, Arizona is largely red, didn't give Trump our information. Other red states denied requests too.
All the representatives and senators that stood silently by and watched this President try to strong-arm the States into giving up their right to privacy in the election booth are going to get a nasty surprise come re-election time. The people are paying attention. Even Trump had to back off this one.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:24 PM

5,019 posts, read 1,807,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Oh I know about Taratova. But a little reality smack never hurt anyone.
We all do. Rebuttals aren't to change their minds, it's to keep watching them resort to even more outlandish pretzel logic and even wilder twisting, swerving and dodging to justify their increasingly precarious position in support of their miscreant President. It's a never ending source of amusement.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:10 PM

7,248 posts, read 4,679,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
Bingo....We have a winner! Does anyone believe that California fully vets their voters? When you delve into the process it becomes clear there are many holes! It is my understanding that in California there is no separate verification of citizenship on voter registration, Applicants can check a box affirming they are citizens, and this is not checked against any other government database such as federal immigration records.

Certainly voting against Trump would be in their best interest. Given the lack of checks/balances, to believe that none of them voted is extremely naive.
Well, your "understanding" is completely incorrect, so that pretty much launches your entire argument straight out the window. Maybe if you took the time to actually google some of this stuff and get your facts straight, you wouldn't waste so much emotional energy working yourself into an angry frenzy over things that simply are not true.

But then, where's the fun in that, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's not just blue states, it was also red states who wouldn't give him info. It's against privacy laws. Why does he need our address, political affiliation, social security number. I'm sorry but that is none of his business.
Heck, even Kobach's own state refused to give him what he asked for. Only a Trumper would be stupid enough to blame this on blue states.

Old 01-06-2018, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. In-Between View Post
Well, your "understanding" is completely incorrect, so that pretty much launches your entire argument straight out the window. Maybe if you took the time to actually google some of this stuff and get your facts straight, you wouldn't waste so much emotional energy working yourself into an angry frenzy over things that simply are not true.

Heck, even Kobach's own state refused to give him what he asked for. Only a Trumper would be stupid enough to blame this on blue states.
Too funny!

Reinforces my opinion that Kobach is pretty much an idiot. Or he would have consulted an attorney or three before making his demands. It seems really odd that he's never heard of states' rights and/or privacy protections. But oh well.

Last edited by jacqueg; 01-06-2018 at 08:53 PM..

Old 01-06-2018, 08:37 PM

2,797 posts, read 1,916,598 times
[quote=Mr. In-Between;50618224]Well, your "understanding" is completely incorrect, so that pretty much launches your entire argument straight out the window. Maybe if you took the time to actually google some of this stuff and get your facts straight, you wouldn't waste so much emotional energy working yourself into an angry frenzy over things that simply are not true.

First off, I'm not in a angry frenzy. Not even a Trump fan. But in my evaluation there plenty of holes which can allow illegals to vote in California...and even my home state of NC. I've read extensively about California and there are numerous ways illegals could obtain voter registration! Are you aware of Assembly Bill 1461, the New Motor Voter Act? What does it do? Have you looked at the list of acceptable "ID" that allows you to register to vote? Since you have stated my premise is "completely incorrect," perhaps you can provide me with some specifics.

Old 01-07-2018, 12:36 AM

4,518 posts, read 843,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
The FBI, CIA indicated the Russians attempted to steer our election process, there is no one that claims there was massive election fraud except the GOP and Trump.
Trump is nothing but the bank robber caught red handed shouting " they went that ah way !!! as the keystone cop-rs try to haul him to the clink.

Now he has more American citizens sueing over yet another tyrannical act of POTUS and thinks he can just say " awe then let s just forget the whole thing " as if that will stop the lawsuits or inquiry = obstruction of justice once again...Coward. Runaway Bully.
Ha SORE WINNER !!! He wanted ALL the VOTES !!!

Gad if he isn't the LAZIEST !!!!!

The only time I ever heard him say he loved this Country was when he was on the brink of signing his tax bill---or--- his transfer of other peoples money to himself, his children, and his "rich friends" for Christmas.
I believe he told the truth THAT day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or