U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 06:44 PM

12,545 posts, read 4,242,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisan23 View Post
North Dakota, Kentucky, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Wyoming are all states that Trump won that refused to comply. It turns out that personal privacy can I’m fact be a bipartisan issue.
That should tell you that the swamp is much deeper and full of sludge than anyone could have imagined.
The swamp is both parties.
The swamp needs to be drained, flushed, cleaned, and filled with concrete.
We need to start over.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 06:47 PM

10,930 posts, read 5,046,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
LOL. So you refuse to answer even that simple question about yourself. Simple Yes or No would do.

Of course we know why.
I know you can read. Are you just being lazy?

Again...See. My. Post.

Ah forget it, I'll quote it for you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Please specify your question. I see no question in your post:

Is this the question? "did you change your vote due to influence of "troll farms""

Did I, personally? Well, considering I didn't vote for Trump (and never, at any moment, ever considered it), the answer would be "no".

Did others? I would think it would be naive to assume that the divisive (and often false) content spread by these trolls/bots did not have an effect on swinging some votes. And when you're talking about margins that are measured in the thousands in some states, these swings could be significant.

I would never argue that HRC lost because of Russian influence (it is impossible to know, and we don't have another Earth to run that experiment on) - but it is not a great leap of faith to see that the power of manipulation had an effect (there are many examples of HUGE engagement numbers of divisive, disingenuous, and false content spread by Russian trolls/bot accounts).

If you would like to link me to some evidence or data that suggested that voting booths or tallies were hacked, I am all ears, though.

It's been a year, and still this fraud has not produced a single shred of proof:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIYHIycbWb8&t=1s

These are the people our President listens to...

Old 01-03-2018, 06:49 PM

8,595 posts, read 5,391,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Because Waldo, it wouldn't change a damn thing, Trump did win the election. Now, if he had lost, I could see some justification on his part to question the outcome, but the dumb SOB won and he still has to cause trouble, simply to be an ass.

All he was doing was being Donald Trump, who has to play his silly games, rather that acting like a sane, mature human being, who is charged with trying to make EVERY AMERICAN happy, not just his core. He was playing to that core when he tried to force the States to do a lot of work that wasn't needed, because the idiot still thinks he is campaigning.

Right now we are up to our frickin' eyeballs in investigations, the last thing we need is another one.
Lol, you sure don't mince words don, nice reply.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:50 PM

2,609 posts, read 3,847,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
That should tell you that the swamp is much deeper and full of sludge than anyone could have imagined.
The swamp is both parties.
The swamp needs to be drained, flushed, cleaned, and filled with concrete.
We need to start over.
Lol have you been to North Dakota?? Trump is still massively popular here and even our most liberal politician has worked with President Trump.

It has nothing to do with the swamp and everything to do with a lack of knowledge from Trump. His requests were actually against state laws in some states and even impossible. Even if North Dakota wanted to comply, there is no voter registration here. There is nothing for us to hand over even if we wanted to, which we didn’t.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Not all deplorables are Trumpies.

Not all Trumpies are deplorable.

Some Trumpies may be deplorable.

Some deplorables may be Trumpies.
Lol

Old 01-03-2018, 06:52 PM

9,494 posts, read 2,336,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Trump signs order disbanding voter fraud commission

Trump dissolves voter fraud commission

"White House: Trump signs order dissolving controversial election fraud commission after states buck information requests."

The White House announced Wednesday that President Trump is dissolving his voter fraud commission after states failed to hand over requested information.

“Despite substantial evidence of voter fraud, many states have refused to provide the Presidential Advisory Commission on Election Integrity with basic information relevant to its inquiry,” Trump said in a statement released by the White House.

“Rather than engage in endless legal battles at taxpayer expense, today I signed an executive order to dissolve the Commission, and have asked the Department of Homeland Security to review these issues and determine next courses of action.”
Trump created the bipartisan commission by executive order in May. The president has claimed without evidence that thousands of people voted illegally in the 2016 election.

More winning, right?
This is the first step toward admission that the claim was nonsense.

I wonder if breaking with Bannon let the scales fall from Trump's eyes.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Trump is trying to make every American happy. He is not willing to bow down to the interests of globalists or support the NWO, which is why democrats and some establishment Republicans hate him.
No that is not why they hate him, that's your personal take on things. It's way way more than that,

Old 01-03-2018, 06:55 PM

406 posts, read 136,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
I thought he had evidence of this when he made those ridiculous tweets?
Kinda fishy you have to admit, when an id is not required to vote. For practically everything else some proof of identification is required, just not at the polling stations. Everyone , regardless of political stripe, should welcome fair and honest voting system. That is of course if there is nothing to hide.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:57 PM

9,494 posts, read 2,336,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
This was another of the Trump fantasies.
Agreed.

He picks up an idea from social media, repeats it, then it has a life of it's own. Total fabrication and Trump fell for it, probably because he knew he did not get the popular vote and he needed the claim to explain away the humiliation and salve his fragile ego.

Old 01-03-2018, 06:57 PM

12,545 posts, read 4,242,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciroccot View Post
Kinda fishy you have to admit, when an id is not required to vote. For practically everything else some proof of identification is required, just not at the polling stations. Everyone , regardless of political stripe, should welcome fair and honest voting system. That is of course if there is nothing to hide.
Amen.
Some of you people get it, and realize it's not a pro Trump or anti Trump issue. It's about having an honest system.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or