U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 07:07 AM

24,800 posts, read 9,660,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
ehh.. you guys clearly have no idea who attends college football championship games. It's mostly execs and rich people and a few students who get lucky at winning a ticket in the college lottery
Exactly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
You saying kids from these two schools are not the same kids from Cal or Washington, but Trump lost the election in these red state college towns also. So in that regards, these kids were on the same page on how they voted.
I'd have to see the numbers to comment further.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:15 AM

8,571 posts, read 5,382,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Students don't get many tickets allotted to them. It will be alumni and wealthy fans of both teams. This is his base.

Even so, college kids from UGA and UA are not the same as kids from Cal, Wisconsin, or Washington.

He's going to get a good reception if I had to guess.
It will be more than enough of them there to make a lot of noise, it wont take a stadium full of student. All 70,000 plus seats wont be his base, not even close. Politics will be the last thing on their minds during that game.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Trump lost the college towns in Alabama in the recent elections there, and he lost Athens Georgia, the home of the University of Georgia. This is pretty much a home game for Georgia, their students will be well represented.
Also, this isn't a home game for UGA.

Each school gets the same amount of tickets because it's a neutral site.

Most folks actually sitting in the seats got their tickets on the secondary market which means those willing to pay more (Alabama has a much more rabid fan base than UGA) will be there.

The crowd will favor Bama. Might be close but still will be in their favor.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Also, this isn't a home game for UGA.

Each school gets the same amount of tickets because it's a neutral site.

Most folks actually sitting in the seats got their tickets on the secondary market which means those willing to pay more (Alabama has a much more rabid fan base than UGA) will be there.

The crowd will favor Bama. Might be close but still will be in their favor.
They are playing in their home state, an hour away from Atlanta. No, not your typical regular season home game in Athens, but they are playing in their home state and the greater Atlanta metro area, sounds pretty home to me.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:29 AM

Quote:
It will be more than enough of them there to make a lot of noise, it wont take a stadium full of student. All 70,000 plus seats wont be his base, not even close. Politics will be the last thing on their minds during that game.
Of course the entire stadium won't be his base. Just the vast majority.

How many student tickets does each school get? I tried looking it up but only found a raw number of 20,000 for each school in general. It doesn't say how many of those go to the students.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Of course the entire stadium won't be his base. Just the vast majority.

How many student tickets does each school get? I tried looking it up but only found a raw number of 20,000 for each school in general. It doesn't say how many of those go to the students.
Ok, you win, have a nice day. I will be watching the game, I love football.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:31 AM

Quote:
They are playing in their home state, an hour away from Atlanta. No, not your typical regular season home game in Athens, but they are playing in their home state and the greater Atlanta metro area, sounds pretty home to me.
It's not. And if you're a college football fan and understand the dynamics of neutral site ticketing then you'd realize that.

Also, I'm still interested in those voting numbers.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:32 AM

19,634 posts, read 12,442,953 times
Fake news...football doesn't exist.

Old 01-04-2018, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Ok, you win, have a nice day. I will be watching the game, I love football.
Me too!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies