U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 07-19-2018, 10:35 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,349 posts, read 14,059,178 times
Reputation: 6512

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
There is no shortage of skilled workers. The labor market is global, and there are vast numbers of skilled professionals around the world willing to work for less.
and that is the problem from the globalist fascist liberals... globalism (aka freetrade) can not work unless ALL is EQUAL






someone making $100/week in Mexico is living well... but that would not cut it ANYWHERE in the USA, where the median hourly wage is $25/hr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-19-2018, 10:50 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
13,720 posts, read 5,529,326 times
Reputation: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and that is the problem from the globalist fascist liberals... globalism (aka freetrade) can not work unless ALL is EQUAL






someone making $100/week in Mexico is living well... but that would not cut it ANYWHERE in the USA, where the median hourly wage is $25/hr
You’ve lost your mind.

Fascism is nationalism on steroids. Fascism has nothing to do with neoliberal globalization and free trade.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 10:57 AM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,349 posts, read 14,059,178 times
Reputation: 6512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You’ve lost your mind.

Fascism is nationalism on steroids. Fascism has nothing to do with neoliberal globalization and free trade.


fascism is socialism lite, and has everything to do with control by heavy regulation and taxes....


fascism is still a left of center political movement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 11:33 AM
 
12,768 posts, read 3,234,572 times
Reputation: 1586
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
and that is the problem from the globalist fascist liberals... globalism (aka freetrade) can not work unless ALL is EQUAL

someone making $100/week in Mexico is living well... but that would not cut it ANYWHERE in the USA, where the median hourly wage is $25/hr
I think my leanings are considered more liberal/progressive than conservative, and I know better than to reason with someone who writes the things you do, but can I at least respectfully suggest you give up the effort to describe opinion, philosophy and/or ideology you don't begin to understand?

Liberals don't believe or advocate that ALL is EQUAL, for example. Not sure how much time you have spent outside the country, but any numbskull can understand the different standards of living that are different in one economy vs another. Hell, we've even got plenty of that disparity found in different parts of the United States! Pointing at the obvious is no way to pretend you know what you think you know about all these political labels you like throwing around like mud in a mud fight.

I was almost tempted there for a second to elaborate with a bit "more of the story," but then again I am reminded that with those who demonstrate the most extreme ways of thinking, the chances of better reason, logic and understanding are all the more extremely remote.

For you too, I highly recommend a careful review of this thread...

"Without truth, democracy is hobbled."

...maybe to reflect and appreciate the dynamic I'm referring to, that is a problem for all of us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Divided Tribes of America
13,720 posts, read 5,529,326 times
Reputation: 5391
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
fascism is socialism lite, and has everything to do with control by heavy regulation and taxes....


fascism is still a left of center political movement
You have no idea what you are talking about. Consult a dictionary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 11:50 AM
 
15,366 posts, read 5,720,481 times
Reputation: 11512
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
fascism is socialism lite, and has everything to do with control by heavy regulation and taxes....


fascism is still a left of center political movement
Ah, the uneducated Trump supporter. Every -ism is the same to them; they have no clue what any of them mean.

It's sad that this is the level of ignorance that put an equally ignorant man in the WH.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 12:16 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,349 posts, read 14,059,178 times
Reputation: 6512
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I think my leanings are considered more liberal/progressive than conservative, and I know better than to reason with someone who writes the things you do, but can I at least respectfully suggest you give up the effort to describe opinion, philosophy and/or ideology you don't begin to understand?

Liberals don't believe or advocate that ALL is EQUAL, for example. Not sure how much time you have spent outside the country, but any numbskull can understand the different standards of living that are different in one economy vs another. Hell, we've even got plenty of that disparity found in different parts of the United States! Pointing at the obvious is no way to pretend you know what you think you know about all these political labels you like throwing around like mud in a mud fight.

I was almost tempted there for a second to elaborate with a bit "more of the story," but then again I am reminded that with those who demonstrate the most extreme ways of thinking, the chances of better reason, logic and understanding are all the more extremely remote.

For you too, I highly recommend a careful review of this thread...

"Without truth, democracy is hobbled."

...maybe to reflect and appreciate the dynamic I'm referring to, that is a problem for all of us.




actually liberals constantly push the all equal, or one size fits all, or the nationalism/nationalizing/national level of things... look at the min wage argument from them, even though there are 1500 different economies within the USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 12:31 PM
 
Location: Florida
63,085 posts, read 34,367,413 times
Reputation: 10482
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
actually liberals constantly push the all equal, or one size fits all, or the nationalism/nationalizing/national level of things... look at the min wage argument from them
Have you actually heard them push for proposal where everyone would earn the same, - the min wage?

I sure never have.

Why?

Because no one ever proposed such thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 12:36 PM
 
Location: 15 months till retirement and I can leave the hell hole of New Yakistan
25,349 posts, read 14,059,178 times
Reputation: 6512
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Have you actually heard them push for proposal where everyone would earn the same, - the min wage?

I sure never have.

Why?

Because no one ever proposed such thing.


you haven't... they (liberals) are pushing for a NATIONAL (FEDERAL) level at $15/hr plus


min wage should NOT be federal... set it at state level, or even better locally





meanwhile there are 1500 different economies (cost of living areas) within the USA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-19-2018, 12:36 PM
 
Location: The 719
14,586 posts, read 22,434,680 times
Reputation: 13876
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Just like it says in the headline : President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/mor...dist=bigcharts

The most immediate problem for what is now a very robust economy is a growing shortage of skilled workers while the threat of a tariff war casts a cloud over the future.
But for now, times are good.
I heard our economy is so robust, any punishment they could throw at us via tariff backlash would probably go unnoticed, so expect this to be a nonfactor while we bring back mfg to the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top