U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-10-2018, 07:56 AM
 
26,635 posts, read 9,061,236 times
Reputation: 9279

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Don't forget that that boom was going on for several years before Trump took office.
Are you referring to the double bottom in 2015/2016 of the DOW where there was price stagnation for a year and a half ?
Is that the boom ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2018, 01:10 PM
 
15,182 posts, read 4,011,322 times
Reputation: 10965
Down and down it goes, where it stop no one knows......

We are now down a solid 5% from 6 months ago. One has to wonder why folks start threads on disasters...now, with Turkey, China, Iran and all the other stuff blowing up due to Trumps actions or lack of, things will be even more unsettled going forward.

Don't forget - most all big market downturns happen in the Fall - Depression, GWB Recession, Black Monday (1987) and some others....Oh, all of those under GOP "leaders". All well into many years of "leadership" under the GOP.

Coincidence, I guess....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2018, 04:09 PM
 
26,635 posts, read 9,061,236 times
Reputation: 9279
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Down and down it goes, where it stop no one knows......

We are now down a solid 5% from 6 months ago. One has to wonder why folks start threads on disasters...now, with Turkey, China, Iran and all the other stuff blowing up due to Trumps actions or lack of, things will be even more unsettled going forward.

Don't forget - most all big market downturns happen in the Fall - Depression, GWB Recession, Black Monday (1987) and some others....Oh, all of those under GOP "leaders". All well into many years of "leadership" under the GOP.

Coincidence, I guess....
Gee I thought the market only went up. What an eye opener !!! Did you sell at the weeks high ?

I'm looking for a place to buy in. So testing the floor won't bother me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2018, 04:15 PM
 
26,304 posts, read 12,843,091 times
Reputation: 12550
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Gee I thought the market only went up. What an eye opener !!! Did you sell at the weeks high ?

I'm looking for a place to buy in. So testing the floor won't bother me.
While day to day, or week to week fluctuate, looking at a 6 month trend is a much better gauge of market performance. As such its perfectly fair to say that the market is having.....performance issues. A lot can change though, so it should be fun to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2018, 04:23 PM
 
26,635 posts, read 9,061,236 times
Reputation: 9279
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
While day to day, or week to week fluctuate, looking at a 6 month trend is a much better gauge of market performance. As such its perfectly fair to say that the market is having.....performance issues. A lot can change though, so it should be fun to watch.
Yeah it should be fun to watch.
I would say there are more variables that could take the market down than up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2018, 04:26 PM
 
23,080 posts, read 12,293,162 times
Reputation: 7304
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yeah it should be fun to watch.
I would say there are more variables that could take the market down than up.


I thought that last year.

Can't wait to be proven wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2018, 04:30 PM
 
Location: ATX/Houston
1,852 posts, read 559,082 times
Reputation: 467
If not for the liberal part of country's tech boom, the stock market wouldn't be looking so good.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2018, 10:29 AM
 
15,182 posts, read 4,011,322 times
Reputation: 10965
Firing on all cylinders.....when do y'all think we are gonna head below 25K???

Real wages lower....health care going off the charts and being taken away, record deficits for "good times", caps taken off the national debt, graft and corruption beyond all description, a mentally-ill POTUS making policy on the John with his tweeting.

ALL indicators are pointing UP. He says so!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2018, 10:31 AM
 
15,182 posts, read 4,011,322 times
Reputation: 10965
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
If not for the liberal part of country's tech boom, the stock market wouldn't be looking so good.
Obviously....the liberal states have always done the hard work while the others simply pumped oil from the ground or mined stuff...

But that never stopped them from taking credit for "the economy".....after all, once you have lied and misled a few thousand times, what's a few more?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-13-2018, 10:31 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
9,013 posts, read 2,732,016 times
Reputation: 6945
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Firing on all cylinders.....when do y'all think we are gonna head below 25K???
Again. Looks to be by the end of the week. Maybe even today for all we know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top