U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-02-2018, 05:01 AM
 
26,364 posts, read 24,528,919 times
Reputation: 16031

Advertisements

Quote:
LearnMe;
Ultimately, I'm pretty sure we're all just wasting our time here anyway, regardless our cause, because we all know that no one changes their mind about just about anything in this forum regardless the facts, reason, logic. Still, I guess I can't help myself when I read some comments in this forum, and for that I get all sorts of "kudos" and also of course lots of angst more like yours. Ironic I think, because part of your mantra seems to be that we should speak up against what we see wrong going on around us. Something like I tend to do when I see the same in this forum.
What you continue to miss is the fact and reason's why people are here....you may assume all you want, but there are some people here b/c maybe they are disabled, maybe because they chose to learn, and to hear the voices of others and their opinions.

Yes, some are here to prove how well their intellect has evolved...even if that means, insulting others....to prove that....

as far as you and I are concerned yes, indeed we are wasting our time, b/c I refuse to be intimidated by you or your adult words of insults....call it anything you want, but it is still extremely adolescent. You haven't learned one thing, that's is nothing personal if someone disagrees with you...it's all about learning. You chose to use the name LearnMe, then in order to accomplish that task, listen.

Quote:
You do me the favor, however, of reminding me the futility of commenting in this forum, and I thank you for that as I really should get on with something more productive now...
well, I'm sorry if you believe that, as this forum and all its discussions have helped a whole lot of people....and will continue to do so without you or I.

As I suggested before, if you deem a more productive event, more positive and fruitful, than by all means...but remember, I don't care what you think or do, as I don't know you...nor you me....so no big loss...

and again, if you are that disgusted by all of our comments, and are unable to move us into your corner, then by all means, be my guest and "walk on by".

And your very welcome.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-02-2018, 05:35 AM
 
26,735 posts, read 9,092,990 times
Reputation: 9323
Here comes Santa Caws, here comes Santa Caws, here comes Santa Caws coming down Santa Claws lane.

Trump is a success at G20 on trade !!!
Used tariffs to get China to the table to negotiate. Gave up nothing but time ( 90 days to reach a better trade deal ).


President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. And now we can say on trade too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 07:16 AM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
31,696 posts, read 19,992,457 times
Reputation: 45747
Yes, I'm glad Trump backed down on his threat to increase tariffs to 25% on Jan. 1.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 07:38 AM
 
26,364 posts, read 24,528,919 times
Reputation: 16031
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, I'm glad Trump backed down on his threat to increase tariffs to 25% on Jan. 1.
I am to, but the problem with Trump is, while he is good at economics....he is in a position to back people into a corner to get what he wants...most would say, "it's nothing Personal, it's just business" and yes, it is, but in a way, he really angered a lot of people....no one likes to be backed into a corner...

What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 07:59 AM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
31,696 posts, read 19,992,457 times
Reputation: 45747
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I am to, but the problem with Trump is, while he is good at economics....he is in a position to back people into a corner to get what he wants...most would say, "it's nothing Personal, it's just business" and yes, it is, but in a way, he really angered a lot of people....no one likes to be backed into a corner...

What do you think?

I think that he is damaging our relations with many allies and foes. He has no sense of diplomacy, and he does not understand the difference between winning a battle and a war.

You can do all the same stuff he is doing now, and still treat others with respect.

PS: I think he is horrible with economics, but great at trying to be a bully. IMO, he is trying to break a good economy (maybe not intentionally, but nonetheless...). There is a reason why you have heard multiple quotes call him and "idiot" and "moron" from his own staff.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 08:31 AM
 
26,735 posts, read 9,092,990 times
Reputation: 9323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Yes, I'm glad Trump backed down on his threat to increase tariffs to 25% on Jan. 1.

The anti-Trump bias POV and now my positive Trump bias POV with the facts.


Pryor to Trump no US leader did anything to confront the problems with China trade. All talk and no action and no results. Trump acted and is producing results. Not only with China but with other countries too.


Trump never backed down. He achieved his goal. Which was to get China to the table and negotiate.
The pressure is clearly on China and they have 90 days to work on a better trade agreement.
That's a win for Trump. A big win achieving his stated goal = Get China to the table and negotiate.

Last edited by phma; 12-02-2018 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 08:36 AM
 
Location: Middle of the ocean
31,696 posts, read 19,992,457 times
Reputation: 45747
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The anti-Trump bias POV and now my positive Trump bias POV with the facts.


Trump never backed down. He achieved his goal. Which was to get China to the table and negotiate.
The pressure is clearly on China and they have 90 days to work on a better trade agreement.
That's a win for Trump. A big win achieving his stated goal.
China was at the table to negotiate before, with essentially the same offer, to buy more US products, about a year ago. We are right back to where we started, and like I said, I'll take it.
__________________
____________________________________________
My posts as a Mod will always be in red.
Be sure to review Terms of Service: TOS
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 09:07 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,353 posts, read 39,780,905 times
Reputation: 18794
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The anti-Trump bias POV and now my positive Trump bias POV with the facts.


Pryor to Trump no US leader did anything to confront the problems with China trade. All talk and no action and no results. Trump acted and is producing results. Not only with China but with other countries too.


Trump never backed down. He achieved his goal. Which was to get China to the table and negotiate.
The pressure is clearly on China and they have 90 days to work on a better trade agreement.
That's a win for Trump. A big win achieving his stated goal = Get China to the table and negotiate.
Nothing new from China. Trump blinked. China won. With Trump, America just keeps losing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 09:13 AM
 
Location: Kansas City, MISSOURI
9,013 posts, read 2,740,700 times
Reputation: 6945
I just read the news on that, and basically, just about nothing happened. Trump agreed to hold off on the upcoming tariffs, China agreed to import more agricultural goods and both agreed to a 90-day window to see if they can hammer out a new agreement. If that's what the Trumplings are getting all excited about then they must not have much to get excited about.

We'll see if in 90 days there's anything to get all worked up about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2018, 09:32 AM
 
26,735 posts, read 9,092,990 times
Reputation: 9323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
China was at the table to negotiate before, with essentially the same offer, to buy more US products, about a year ago. We are right back to where we started, and like I said, I'll take it.
I suggest you don't have a complete grasp of events. There has been a constant effort to downplay, make insignificant, everything Trump does or accomplishes.

The offer you say is a year old was rejected for a year. Its now been accepted and we gave nothing for it.

So we got the offer/commitment for China to buy more from the US and ( this is the big and = additional ) in addition we have China at the table to negotiate more than just buying more goods. Before we had China's offer/carrot but no commitment to do more or expand on the offer to get a broader trade deal.

China was simply offering the carrot and nothing more after that. They have to give more now or they will get something they don't want. The pressure is on China and we have the leverage. The US is in the position of strength going into the negotiations. China will give more or experience more pain in their struggling economy. We are their biggest customer, and despite what some are saying, that is very meaningful. To think they can do without us and not feel the economic pain is complete nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:56 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top