Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-06-2018, 02:24 PM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Somehow I don't think Powell and the Fed put much weight in anything Trump says.
Who in their right mind would.....

The Fed sees the writing on the wall. Housing has gone cold, and some places it is coming down, hiring has slowed, stock market is sucking air, trade are flashing red, deficits are up as are trade deficits, confusion an inaction in DC.....not a whole lot of good news.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:29 PM

39,072 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Who in their right mind would.....

The Fed sees the writing on the wall. Housing has gone cold, and some places it is coming down, hiring has slowed, stock market is sucking air, trade are flashing red, deficits are up as are trade deficits, confusion an inaction in DC.....not a whole lot of good news.
That will be the next facepalm moment from the swamp rats. Hey, if the Fed is not raising rates then the economy must be slowing down. Sell, sell! Truth is, though, there is not much that is going to stop the recession coming down the tracks toward us. The good news is that with a bad economy and Mueller converging at the same time, the GOP may turn on Trump and help America send him back to New York or to prison.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:35 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
That will be the next facepalm moment from the swamp rats. Hey, if the Fed is not raising rates then the economy must be slowing down. Sell, sell! Truth is, though, there is not much that is going to stop the recession coming down the tracks toward us. The good news is that with a bad economy and Mueller converging at the same time, the GOP may turn on Trump and help America send him back to New York or to prison.
Sure would have been nice if the Republicans would have paid down the debt some instead of exploding the deficit in the good times though.

Old 12-06-2018, 02:40 PM

57,221 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Sure would have been nice if the Republicans would have paid down the debt some instead of exploding the deficit in the good times though.
The deficit was already increasing after the tax cuts a recession at this time would be a disaster.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:23 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,099,343 times
[quote=phma;53818167]
Quote:

Is everyone's goal to have a fat 401K when they die ? It wasn't my goal. I used my 401K to retire several years early. It worked out just the way I planned it. It wasn't the only account I had at the time. Its not the account I have now. The way it worked, I got way more out of it then I could have gotten with it being my only account in a shorter time frame.

Fortunately I don't have to guess how stupid people are. They post on the thread and prove it in varying degrees. They are betting against America and prosperity. The entire democrat message is specious and the same people are here with the same message. Don't be an individual. Allow government to parent you in the top down style of China. Submit and obey. Herd up !!! I heard that. I don't buy it. I buy at the lows and if that is what you see as specious then I'm good with it.

It doesn't matter where the market goes. What matters is the close or where it closes, IMO.

As I have said no one should do what I'm doing. Stay in the herd and get similar results. The collective should be happy to hear that message. It's what they constantly say too.
Lolol....I can guarantee you that no one, no one with two brain cells is listening to you for advice.

Nice rant tho predicated entirely on falsehoods, it made for quite the laugh.

Last edited by subaru5555; 12-06-2018 at 03:32 PM..

Old 12-06-2018, 03:25 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,509,699 times
President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy! (batting eyelashes and blushing)

Old 12-06-2018, 03:40 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohio_peasant View Post
Well then, what sort of investor are you? What is your ultimate objective? What methods do you espouse, in reaching that objective?

Its in the thread. I can't keep repeating it.
I talked about how everyone has a different situation. No one should do what I do. My intent is not to show a method. What everyone is lead to do is stick with what the experts say. I'm intentionally doing the opposite and I expect to make a profit. I'm showing a trade. One that everyone seems to agree is highly risky and if I can do that in volatile conditions how hard can it be when the market is going up month after month for years. I could have sold and been out in two weeks at the last high and made a 1300 point gain but didn't b/c it would have been to easy. But I may not get to buy at 24,000 and will sell when I get a 1500 point gain. That is my target to sell. I don't pick tops and bottoms. I try to take a bite out of the middle and its rare to get a buy at the bottom or sell at an all time high. I maintain that the people who suggest I'm trying to time the market, they really don't know what they're talking about. My experience tells me they know what they have been told. On that we could agree.
The experts didn't make their money staying it the herd, but they want you to do that, and often times buy something like a news letter or other product or put your money in their fund. Because after all they are the experts and they know more than you. For some that is the way to go but there is another road to chose, if people want to chose it, and accept the risk of learning. I maintain they should develop their own method. One that fits them.
Said before, I have, what I call a fun account, I use it to trade and invest mostly short term. I like to make an additional 5 to 10 thousand for gifts to the kids, grand kids and vacations. Being retired I don't depend on it for my income or any needs. I might make one to three trades a year but one is preferred. All my income is tax free and if I don't make too much I can keep it that way.
I have two other accounts also but this is the one I'm trading on here.

Last edited by phma; 12-06-2018 at 03:57 PM..

Old 12-06-2018, 03:51 PM

33,521 posts, read 37,121,123 times
I am a long term investor, and began with a modest investment in moderate risk mutual funds ($30,000) in 1995, adding to it what I could each year since.....I retired in 2006 a multi millionaire.....Have you done as well phma?

Old 12-06-2018, 03:55 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
I think Trump has sped up the arrival of this recession by a few years and it will likely be more severe than it otherwise would have been. Unfortunately I'm going to be personally screwed yet again. I graduated college at the end of 2007. I really struggled the first few years but started to get on my feet financially around 2010. I made some horrible financial decisions around 2013 and 2014 that paralyzed my life and that I'm still trying to dig myself out of. I am scheduled to do so in early 2020, right as we'll likely be experiencing another economic meltdown.

Old 12-06-2018, 03:56 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,080,998 times
another one of Trump's tweets that has not aged well AT ALL.

https://twitter.com/lesleyabravanel/...33984644628480
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies