U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2018, 10:50 AM

12,748 posts, read 3,231,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I said from the beginning I'm not a financial advisor and don't want to be.

If you do be our guest.

Tell everyone how stupid they are about the market and how you are here to help them.

That's the same as what we have been hearing from politicians on all sides and it elected Trump.

Maybe you know what most Americans care about.

Maybe not.

You are free to make your case, provide opinion and show you understand the situations of millions of people with different circumstances.
Provide the balance you say is missing. Enlighten the plebs !!!
Any chance, phma, that we might be able to focus on the REASONS we agree or disagree rather than just continue with the "I don't care what you think or know" attitude???

In any case, sure seems to me that you post your rather "this is what I know" strong opinions, while also seemingly admitting your opinions are not based on much. Also that you don't much like when anyone comes along and suggests that maybe you don't know what you think you know.

I've made that case already. Was hoping we could move on to something a bit more substantive, but that hope, in this forum?

Foggetaboutit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2018, 11:00 AM

7,982 posts, read 3,468,264 times
Trump loves to take the bows for something he had little or nothing to do with. Just like the airplane safety remark. Yes, give Trump credit. Heís like a little boy. Itís sickening

Old 01-10-2018, 01:52 PM

26,697 posts, read 9,085,250 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Any chance, phma, that we might be able to focus on the REASONS we agree or disagree rather than just continue with the "I don't care what you think or know" attitude???
Well.........

Quote:
In any case, sure seems to me that you post your rather "this is what I know" strong opinions, while also seemingly admitting your opinions are not based on much. Also that you don't much like when anyone comes along and suggests that maybe you don't know what you think you know.

I've made that case already. Was hoping we could move on to something a bit more substantive, but that hope, in this forum?

Foggetaboutit!

Apparently not.

Old 01-10-2018, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Trump loves to take the bows for something he had little or nothing to do with. Just like the airplane safety remark. Yes, give Trump credit. He’s like a little boy. It’s sickening
What about China ? Don't they get some credit ? People say Trump can't be responsible good or bad on the market but China can apparently. Maybe they haven't been informed the way people are here.

Markets were buzzing, after Bloomberg reported a review of foreign exchange holdings left officials in China recommending the country slow or stop its purchase of U.S. debt. U.S. 10-year Treasury yields rose to 10-month highs, the dollar tumbled and the yen soared, driving busy action across global markets.

https://www.investors.com/category/m...-market-today/

Old 01-11-2018, 09:00 AM

Are people responding to the gains in the stock market and the rise in value of their retirement accounts ?

A total of 66 percent of American voters say the nation's economy is "excellent" or "good," up from 63 percent December 19 and the highest positive rating for the economy since the Quinnipiac University Poll first asked this question in 2001. Another 33 percent say the economy is "not so good" or "poor."

A total of 73 percent of voters say their personal financial situation is "excellent" or "good," while 26 percent say "not so good" or "poor."

I'm not a big believer in polls but many people are.

They do seem misleading at times, as we have seen.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:33 AM

Stocks Resume Advance today 1/11/2018.

Remember to sell high and buy low. They say that's one way to profit in the SM.

The market will be closed on MLK day Monday 1/15/2018.

Does anyone get nervous when the market is closed on three or four day holidays ?

Things can change in an instant sending the market up or down.

It can be days before an investor can respond to new conditions.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:36 AM

13,716 posts, read 5,527,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Stocks Resume Advance today 1/11/2018.

Remember to sell high and buy low. They say that's one way to profit in the SM.

The market will be closed on MLK day Monday 1/15/2018.

Does anyone get nervous when the market is closed on three or four day holidays ?

Things can change in an instant sending the market up or down.

It can be days before an investor can respond to new conditions.
In my experience, constantly responding to new conditions is a great way to lose money.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:37 AM

63,077 posts, read 34,350,819 times
Quote:
President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. Dow breaks 25,000
Trump is greatest for economy? 2017 saw the largest deficits since 2013....

Old 01-11-2018, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
In my experience, constantly responding to new conditions is a great way to lose money.
Its certainly something for people to ponder.

A lot of advertisements around investment sites where people claiming to be successful experts are trying to sell the idea, if people will follow their proven ideas, they can get in and out and maximize profits.
The sellers of this type of information sure do profit but I'm not convinced the buyers will.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:57 AM

29,352 posts, read 39,775,069 times
The Q poll of yesterday shows that most Americans agree that the economy is doing well but far more credit Obama for it than Trump. Fancy that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies