U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2018, 01:48 PM

8,602 posts, read 5,399,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
That's right I don't.
No one does but there is no shortage of those on here claiming everyday they do, as if there will be no tomorrow at all. B/c.....Armageddon I suppose.

You have to admit its kind of weird.
So many said the Obama economy and markets were so good and if we go back to those levels and enjoy all the good times they complain.

They questioned "MAGA" and wanted to know when it was great and then told everyone it was when Obama was running things. They wanted to know when America was great and they said it was Obama's economy and markets. Trump is giving them what they want and they seem upset for some reason. Weird !!!

They bashed Trump all the way to new highs and now he is giving them what they want and they still bash him. The democrats are never happy, always about something. No pleasing them. Maybe when we are under 2% GDP consistently that will help them get more comfortable with Trump's leadership. The magic wand may be the problem.
That's my point, and since you don't know. Why would you put yourself out there boasting on the Dow and saying Trump is greatest before the final chapter is even written. He could turn out to be the worst.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2018, 01:50 PM

29,366 posts, read 39,807,051 times
Nike just reported the worst quarter since the Great Recession. Does anyone still think the global economy is not contracting and quickly? Well other than Jay Powell?

Old 12-20-2018, 01:51 PM

8,602 posts, read 5,399,513 times
I'm watching the Dow go down as Trump speaks.

Old 12-20-2018, 01:52 PM

466 posts, read 103,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geeo View Post
So does the guy have any idea what it means to be president? Never mind, I answered my own question. Clearly, he's not familiar with the three branches of government system whereby no one person can have total control. I think he thought he was going to be emperor. Thank God even the Republicans have had it with him, well, except for the "Freedom" Caucus extremists. But oh, so much winning...still waiting for that cheap and beautiful healthcare that everybody was going to have, and very quickly, too.
That's odd, there are three branches of government? I thought he was a dictator and there was no system of checks and balances in place?

Old 12-20-2018, 01:55 PM

11,393 posts, read 5,973,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Nike just reported the worst quarter since the Great Recession. Does anyone still think the global economy is not contracting and quickly? Well other than Jay Powell?

Nike Reports Quarterly Earnings Tonight. Here’s What Wall Street Expects
By David Marino-Nachison
Dec. 20, 2018 11:58 a.m. ET

https://www.barrons.com/articles/nik...ts-51545325115

Quote:
The company has said the results will be reported at approximately 4:15 p.m. ET, with a conference call
the time stamp on your post is 3:50PM. What am I missing?

Old 12-20-2018, 02:21 PM

7,350 posts, read 4,465,547 times
Dow is down 10% this month. Yep. He's the greatest on the economy! SMH

I don't know if we can handle much more of this greatness

Old 12-20-2018, 02:23 PM

11,393 posts, read 5,973,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Lol, Nike is up almost 8% in the after hours market.

https://seekingalpha.com/news/341866...-beats-revenue

Dec. 20, 2018 4:16 PM ET|About: Nike Inc. (NKE)|By: Jignesh Mehta, SA News Editor

Nike (NYSE:NKE):

Q2 GAAP EPS of $0.52 beats by $0.07.

Revenue of $9.37B (+9.6% Y/Y) beats by $200M.

You must have broken your crystal ball. Why would you claim "worst quarter since the Great Recession" before the results were even released, only to find that they are doing really well, nowhere near the "worst" quarter in recent history.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:25 PM

26,886 posts, read 9,131,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Dow is down 10% this month. Yep. He's the greatest on the economy! SMH

I don't know if we can handle much more of this greatness
You're still confused between the economy and DOW or markets after all this time. Amazing !!!

I'm betting you are really an economist and that is greatness!!! I can hardly wait for another Fed report and hear they are going to raise interest rates on the DOW. That should prop it up !!!

Old 12-20-2018, 02:28 PM

5,214 posts, read 1,570,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Your still confused between the economy and DOW or markets after all this time. Amazing !!!

I'm betting you are really an economist !!!
Yes, who would equate the economy with the DOW? What kind of idiot would do that?

Why... the OP, of course, when the OP started a thread entitled, "President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. Dow breaks 25,000"

So maybe you should take your outrage to that idiot of an OP and dress him/her down for being economically ignorant.

Oh wait. The OP is you.

Old 12-20-2018, 02:29 PM

309 posts, read 160,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Yes, who would equate the economy with the DOW? What kind of idiot would do that?

Why... the OP, of course, when the OP started a thread entitled, "President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. Dow breaks 25,000"

So maybe you should take your outrage to that idiot of an OP and dress him/her down for being economically ignorant.

Oh wait. The OP is you.
Lol, that made my day
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies