U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2018, 09:35 PM

29,965 posts, read 47,150,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Trump's constant chaotic leadership on the economy and the deliberate destabilization of our long time global allies has turned this into the perfect storm. Putin and his crowd must be having vodka shots in the Kremlin. When will this Manhattan mobster con man and traitor get his just rewards?
Actually I bet Putin had his broker Robert Mercer shorting the market for him for a while...
So he likely was pretty happy...probably broke out some nice Champagne...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2018, 09:38 PM

11,819 posts, read 15,432,391 times
This tool needs to be retired. What a gas bag.

Old 12-24-2018, 09:52 PM

5,341 posts, read 2,717,061 times
Wow! The usual Trump cheerleaders (you know who you are) have become strangely absent from this thread. This economic crash is EXACTLY what so many predicted should Trump get elected. I firmly believe he knew it too and initiated the tax cut band-aid to stem the hemorrhaging as long as possible.

I'm bookmarking this thread so I can show it to all the other Trump supporting idiots out there who said he was the best thing since sliced bread for our economy. Being right in this instance is SO f***ing sweet!

Old 12-24-2018, 10:05 PM

11,475 posts, read 4,850,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Wow! The usual Trump cheerleaders (you know who you are) have become strangely absent from this thread. This economic crash is EXACTLY what so many predicted should Trump get elected. I firmly believe he knew it too and initiated the tax cut band-aid to stem the hemorrhaging as long as possible.

I'm bookmarking this thread so I can show it to all the other Trump supporting idiots out there who said he was the best thing since sliced bread for our economy. Being right in this instance is SO f***ing sweet!
It'd be very sweet, very sweet indeed, but, it's gonna be sour afterwards. Sour for us all. But his base will be jumping for joy, just so long as some "libruls" are upset.

Old 12-24-2018, 11:25 PM

7,039 posts, read 1,563,099 times
Quote:

Agree with all of this LOL. never seen a thread backfire this badly before.

And you're right. Most of the Trumplings from the first few dozen pages have left and not returned in a while.

Old 12-25-2018, 03:13 AM

10,377 posts, read 5,864,086 times
Quote:

Yes but the OP continues to show and do some self proclaimed victory dance as he, like his Jim Jones, does a tap dance and finds creative ways to blame everyone but the President for the drop after crediting him for the high.

Old 12-25-2018, 05:15 AM

71,683 posts, read 83,244,992 times
Important to remember: the stock market is affected more by world affairs than our politics regardless of the ups or downs: the economy is still going strong with low unemployment rate and nice growth and most of us are hanging in there. These are the issues that are somewhat controlled by who is in office. The stock market is not one of them or not responsible much for what is happening right now.

Old 12-25-2018, 06:41 AM

11,819 posts, read 15,432,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Important to remember: the stock market is affected more by world affairs than our politics regardless of the ups or downs: the economy is still going strong with low unemployment rate and nice growth and most of us are hanging in there. These are the issues that are somewhat controlled by who is in office. The stock market is not one of them or not responsible much for what is happening right now.
Well guess what?

-Tariffs impact the stock market.

-Tweets about the Fed move the stock market.

-Chaos in Washington DC move the stock market.

So you’re patently wrong. Very wrong.

Old 12-25-2018, 06:43 AM

22,745 posts, read 12,158,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Yup -- the economy surges on with or without a decent President.

We get that -- others don't.

Old 12-25-2018, 06:53 AM

3,880 posts, read 1,507,402 times
lol - if any one of us really knew what caused the market to go up and to go down, we wouldn't be wasting our time on C-D.

But the rules for assigning blame and giving credit were established during the Obama administration: Good news => current admin gets credit, Bad news => previous admin takes blame. And, of course, there is no time limit on this.

So, bad market => Obama's fault.

You're welcome
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies