Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2019, 02:45 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,627,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
I'm a former FINRA licensed Series 3 commodities broker. I'm pretty sure I've forgotten more about how the market works than the OP ever knew. He's been spouting off simpleton responses all through this thread.

This market has been running on the vapors since Trump was elected. The screw everyone but the top .01% tax give away drove it to the former highs. Once the Orange Baboon started his tariff man rhetoric people are looking to sell it short.
In Trump world, knowledge means you know less. It's all about "gut" feelings. Trillions have evaporated, real estate sales have declined but yet Trump supporters know it in their guts that if they can pretend to stop brown people from working for Republican Ag, Construction and Hospitality business, all our problems will be solved.

The only solace I take in Trump Ruin is that since most Americans won't be doing well, my money may buy me a little more. But that's really reaching.

Old 01-11-2019, 02:45 PM

20,794 posts, read 9,431,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
The stock market just got off to its best start in 13 years
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/the...dist=bigcharts
Go Blue Wave! Democrats take over the House and the stock market begins to recover!

Old 01-11-2019, 02:48 PM

26,339 posts, read 14,946,468 times
The UK's GDP growth rate shrunk to 0.3%.

Germany's economy is shrinking.

So is Japan's.

The EU as a whole is slowing down.

The US has a great growth rate compared to the EU and Japan. This is more at risk with the shutdown.

Old 01-11-2019, 03:50 PM

34,301 posts, read 15,595,118 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Yes, something like observing a girl with a mad crush on a boy but not willing to admit she's in love with him. I mean review your thread title, all your comments and then act like you are not emotionally driven. If that emotion isn't love, I don't know what it is, but it's obsessive whatever it is...

I'm in the drivers seat here. Every response you make to my post is emotional about me. You keep bring in the emotional talk just like above. Makes me laugh. Thanks for that !!!
Quote:
Again, I haven't been "blaming the President for everything!" In fact, I've been trying to point out how Trump is not the reason for all that you think he is, good or bad.

Here you are trying to backtrack after putting the blame on Trump all the time. Just like the last sentence of your post below. ( highlighted )

Quote:
Now too this about Powell? Who cannot be fired by Trump BTW, gives two bits about what Trump thinks? Powell, as widely reported, is not on auto-pilot. Powell is appropriately adjusting Fed policy to the changing economic scenario as he is paid to do. You are now going to give Trump credit for what Powell does right too, and of course when things go south, we'll be back to blaming Powell, right? Everyone but Trump?

I know you will double down with more of this nonsense just like Trump likes to do, and boy does it get old...
So after Powell backs off his hard line stand of raising rates he's now just "appropriately adjusting".

It wasn't just Trump but other Wall St. types saying the same as Trump about interest rate policy of the Fed.

As I said a few weeks ago most of my money is in the bank. When Powell raises rates its good for me and he could raise them another five points and I'd make more interest like everyone with money in the banks and them paying more interest.
The market going to like it ? I doubt it.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:02 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,627,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
The UK's GDP growth rate shrunk to 0.3%.

Germany's economy is shrinking.

So is Japan's.

The EU as a whole is slowing down.

The US has a great growth rate compared to the EU and Japan. This is more at risk with the shutdown.
Heard in a podcast today - the people who actually made up the term and measurement GDP.....

They said it should not be used to measure the well being of a nation...or even economy, and that these things should be removed from it:
Military and Security Spending
Health Care Spending
Rental and Housing Spending
Educational Spending (which has tripled...without any additional education!)

Because those things are more COSTS than they are income or contributors to our well being.

Take those out of the equation and you will probably see little or no growth over inflation.

As it stands now, the more Trump borrows from future generations to give free money away, the higher our GDP. That's not right.

Old 01-11-2019, 05:06 PM

5,722 posts, read 2,180,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Heard in a podcast today - the people who actually made up the term and measurement GDP.....

They said it should not be used to measure the well being of a nation...or even economy, and that these things should be removed from it:
Military and Security Spending
Health Care Spending
Rental and Housing Spending
Educational Spending (which has tripled...without any additional education!)

Because those things are more COSTS than they are income or contributors to our well being.

Take those out of the equation and you will probably see little or no growth over inflation.

As it stands now, the more Trump borrows from future generations to give free money away, the higher our GDP. That's not right.
As for the last part, I’m sure you said the same thing during the obama years correct? According to you the 1.6% gdp growth of Obama’s last year would of been negative real growth correct? Thankfully we are back to 3% growth now

Old 01-11-2019, 05:15 PM

5,722 posts, read 2,180,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prophet619 View Post
The Nasdq is getting ready for a third leg down. This little rally is just to get suckers like you to believe the hype on the cable finance channels.

It's already broken trend support. The next supports are a long way ( about 2,000 points ) further down.
“Broken trend support” “Third leg down” You sound just the talking head morons on CNBC. Do you think Buffett sounds anything like this when investing in stocks. The market may indeed go down another 2,000, just as easy as it can go up another 2,000. Never believe anyone that tells you with certainty they know where the market goes in the short term. Long term, however, the only correct answer is UP. And American markets remain the best place to invest in the world

Old 01-11-2019, 06:23 PM

30,085 posts, read 18,907,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
In Trump world, knowledge means you know less. It's all about "gut" feelings. Trillions have evaporated, real estate sales have declined but yet Trump supporters know it in their guts that if they can pretend to stop brown people from working for Republican Ag, Construction and Hospitality business, all our problems will be solved.

The only solace I take in Trump Ruin is that since most Americans won't be doing well, my money may buy me a little more. But that's really reaching.
You voted for him (you claim) so thanks.

Old 01-11-2019, 08:43 PM

29,198 posts, read 22,258,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
You voted for him (you claim) so thanks.
You know how it is:
Once bitten, twice wise.

Old 01-12-2019, 09:57 AM

29,425 posts, read 9,611,301 times
[quote=phma;54123087]
Quote:
I'm in the drivers seat here. Every response you make to my post is emotional about me. You keep bring in the emotional talk just like above. Makes me laugh. Thanks for that !!!
I think I understand...

You are "in the drivers seat here." You started this thread with that title, no emotion there of course. Followed by comment after comment about how everything that shines is thanks to Trump, despite all facts and reason to the contrary. Hard to call all those comments intellectually driven. When all facts, reason and logic are ignored, ego and emotions are usually involved as a rule. But okay. Never mind all that...

As I've noted those emotions forever growing from there and all over the place, your response is to double down and now accuse me of the same thing. I am expressing emotion as I note your emotions. Same sort of merry-go-round mirroring and parroting that apparently fuels your jets all the more.

Same sort of nonsense that Trump and his supporters are now famous for. Ignore the facts, misrepresent the truth, take credit for all that fits your narrative, disregard all that doesn't. "Admit nothing, deny everything and make counter accusations." Emoji away and laugh yourself silly while you're at it. No sign of childish emotion there either of course. Is that a "driver's seat" in one of those kiddy shopping carts at the market?

I wasn't born yesterday. I've seen this sort of thing before. Just never quite so extreme.

While having fun in that "driver's seat" of yours, here is some more information you can choose to ignore for whatever your reasons...

"Mr. Powell highlighted as an example the central bank’s actions in 2016, when worries over China’s economy fueled fears of a recession. The Fed dialed back its plans to raise rates several times that year, moving just once, in December.

Mr. Powell said markets have tumbled in recent weeks and aren’t expecting any Fed rate increases this year because investors are placing greater weight on risks to the outlook that haven’t yet shown up substantially in U.S. economic data.

Those risks, he said, include slower global growth, weakness in China, trade tensions and “general policy uncertainty coming out of Washington.” U.S. data so far remain on track to sustain recent economic momentum, he said."

https://www.wsj.com/articles/fed-cha...ar-11546616769

Last edited by LearnMe; 01-12-2019 at 10:21 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies