U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 02-09-2018, 11:31 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
58,186 posts, read 40,994,056 times
Reputation: 29918

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump is the greatest. He broke 25,000 twice. No one has ever done that before.

I don't believe any other POTUS has been accused of paying $130K hush-money to a porn star either. TrumpLandia is surely awash in pride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-09-2018, 11:39 AM
 
26,692 posts, read 9,079,188 times
Reputation: 9302
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I don't believe any other POTUS has been accused of paying $130K hush-money to a porn star either. TrumpLandia is surely awash in pride.
Bill Clinton was the only porn star to be elected. It was violent porn but porn none the less.

Back on topic after the needless distraction.

How about the market today. Big Dow Winner is Twitter. Can't imagine why.

Cash

http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2...ock-funds.html

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hea...dist=bigcharts
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 11:43 AM
 
39,264 posts, read 20,365,893 times
Reputation: 12751
I hope liberals aren't taking pleasure in this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 11:45 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
29,352 posts, read 39,768,611 times
Reputation: 18791
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Institutional investors know how to shake the low hanging fruit from the trees (AKA jump on the bandwagon novice investors) until there are none left. Another way the rich get richer while the rest wonder what just happened...

Always good for a few more shakes that give some folks reason to think now is the time to get back in, before it really is, trying to time the market before they time themselves out of money to reinvest yet again...

Gamblers Anonymous
When people started buying bitcoin on home equity loans, you knew the end was nigh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 11:46 AM
 
23,109 posts, read 12,300,165 times
Reputation: 7309
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump is the greatest. He broke 25,000 twice. No one has ever done that before.
Yes and the President after him will break all his records.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 11:53 AM
 
Location: By the sea, by the sea, by the beautiful sea
58,186 posts, read 40,994,056 times
Reputation: 29918
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Bill Clinton was the only porn star to be elected. It was violent porn but porn none the less.

Back on topic after the needless distraction.

How about the market today. Big Dow Winner is Twitter. Can't imagine why.

Cash

Record amount of cash pulled out of stock funds | Fox Business

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/hea...dist=bigcharts

Says a big fan of a man whose first wife accused him of rape and who has proudly talked of his own grabbing escapades. Pot meet kettle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Florida
63,052 posts, read 34,342,805 times
Reputation: 10466
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Institutional investors know how to shake the low hanging fruit from the trees (AKA jump on the bandwagon novice investors) until there are none left. Another way the rich get richer while the rest wonder what just happened...

Always good for a few more shakes that give some folks reason to think now is the time to get back in, before it really is, trying to time the market before they time themselves out of money to reinvest yet again...

Gamblers Anonymous
That is what happened to the day traders during the Dot.Com boom. Everyone was an "wall street expert" around the water-cooler, talking about stocks they knew nothing about. In the end they paid the price. This time its the 401K savers who do not speculate so much. They buy mutual funds, and let the pros handle it. Some panic, and sell at times like these, but I assume most just watch the news with a sinking feeling and wonder how bad it's going to get.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-09-2018 at 12:12 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 12:14 PM
 
26,692 posts, read 9,079,188 times
Reputation: 9302
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Says a big fan of a man whose first wife accused him of rape and who has proudly talked of his own grabbing escapades. Pot meet kettle.
We heard this same old crap over and over on other threads. Anything new, because only a fool would be impressed with it here. IMO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 PM
Status: "\_(ツ)_/" (set 16 days ago)
 
11,383 posts, read 5,965,849 times
Reputation: 3599
+200...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-09-2018, 12:27 PM
 
Location: In The Thin Air
12,281 posts, read 8,092,042 times
Reputation: 8919
It has been volatile to say the least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top