Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-07-2018, 02:02 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,373,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Economists? LAWL

They ALL got it wrong starting with that idiot nobel pryze winner Krugman who said the markets would crash to recession levels under Trump IF he was elected.

https://www.investors.com/politics/c...tions-of-2017/

But if you believe them, when are you going to liquidate?
So you think you are smarter than the prize winning economists? LOL

Old 12-07-2018, 02:03 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Good question.

Quite a few of us have taken pleasure in throwing it in the OP's face, one of the biggest thread backfires I've seen on the internet in quite a while LOL.

What's going on isn't unexpected.
Like many democrats just elected the thread is in its infancy and needs time to age.
When ever the market is going down lots of anti-Trumpers come on enthusiastically combining their market views and political views. When the market is going up they drop off with only a handful left and Trump supporters become more active. On average the markets go up 70 % of the time. In the ebb and flow the odds are on my side.

Are we going to have a stock market crash and burn with a strong economy growing above 2 % with low unemployment ? Not likely IMO. The lefties said 1% to 2 % GDP with higher unemployment was great.

Taking on China was never going to be easy. The alternative is to keep paying for the rise of China who has made clear their intention to replace the US economically and militarily. Globalist have no problem with that. They expect to be at the top of the food chain regardless what happens.

Markets test the highs and the lows. Test of the low is in progress. Buy at the lows, sell at the highs. Is that a crazy idea ? Apparently for some/many it is.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:08 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
After that brief head fake yesterday on a rumor pushed by the WSJ, the Trump crash continued today. The Dow closed down losing the entire gain made this year - the one juiced and goosed by the big GOP handout to the rich. It took real work to turn this around, but Trump did it and he should get every credit for it he deserves.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:11 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
You afraid we'll end up dropping back down to Obama levels?
cool story...

Yet Obama gave us the first 7 years of the 8 year bull.... i would have said 9 but this year has really not worked out as a growth year.

i have been investing for decades .... YOU/ME have never seen a bull run go this long and frankly Trump has duck all to do with it. All he did was juice it with a massive tax scam....

I am sure you will stick your head in the sand like most Trumpy folk do, but the reality is many Trumpy folk were too afraid to fully invest under Obama and because of that they lost out on the easy money.....

We have thread after thread where this has been fully explained to you guys, but clearly trumpy folk are more comfortable with made up fantasies . Claiming Trump gave us the bull, is bs. It was Obama who put in place the policies that created massive growth in asset valuations.... Trump like a dumb butthead juiced it with his stupid tax scam.... That is now coming back to bite him, he knows it, you likely know it too....

Old 12-07-2018, 02:11 PM

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
The ONLY good thing about a recession is it will completely kill Trump's chances at a second term. He will not win on religious/racial/cultural issues alone. That may work in the Bible Belt but it won't in the Rust Belt. With that said, I'd rather a second Trump term (yes, I said it) than a recession at this point in my life. If the economy crashes now it's going to really screw me over.
Talk to the Democrats. They are the reason the markets are in flux. Democrats are bad for business. Business it taking its profits now before the Democratic House can steal them.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:12 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Funny how they miss the point that the market has risen to historic highs under the Trump economy. How all records have been broken, and like roaches when the lights are turned out, show up on a routine dip.
You call wiping out the gains for an entire year "a routine dip". That's rich.

Last edited by r small; 12-07-2018 at 02:21 PM..

Old 12-07-2018, 02:14 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
I am no economist, but one thing I have always been told is that markets dislike uncertainty. Make of that what you will.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:15 PM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
What's going on isn't unexpected.
Like many democrats just elected the thread is in its infancy and needs time to age.
When ever the market is going down lots of anti-Trumpers come on enthusiastically combining their market views and political views. When the market is going up they drop off with only a handful left and Trump supporters become more active. On average the markets go up 70 % of the time. In the ebb and flow the odds are on my side.

Are we going to have a stock market crash and burn with a strong economy growing above 2 % with low unemployment ? Not likely IMO. The lefties said 1% to 2 % GDP with higher unemployment was great.

Taking on China was never going to be easy. The alternative is to keep paying for the rise of China who has made clear their intention to replace the US economically and militarily. Globalist have no problem with that. They expect to be at the top of the food chain regardless what happens.

Markets test the highs and the lows. Test of the low is in progress. Buy at the lows, sell at the highs. Is that a crazy idea ? Apparently for some/many it is.
Actually, it was. The Obama admin had already done the heavy lifting in putting together an alliance of Asian trading partners to exclude and blunt Chinese influence. It was the TPP. We could have also worked with other countries. Every nation on the planet hates China's trading practices. Now, every nation hates the US for electing a moron who imposed tariffs that are wrecking the global economy.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:15 PM

20,107 posts, read 9,018,880 times
Trade with China?

just another unpleasant mess Obama left for Trump to clean up.

Old 12-07-2018, 02:16 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
President Trump is absolutely the greatest on the economy. Dow breaks 25,000

They say it still has room to run !!!!

Go ahead 401K make my day !!!
The Dow is now on track to break 24,000 (heading south). Go Trump! Still winning.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies