Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 02:40 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Wow, Obama, the Economic Genius that he was turned the economy around. He must have learned economic theory from his days as a Social Justice Warrior under Reverand Wright.
Do you recall the state of the US economy in early 2009?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 02:46 PM

8,390 posts, read 7,636,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
And, don't let Breitbart and Fox convince you that everyone else agrees with you, either.

Haven't you heard?

The President now says Steve Bannon has lost his mind and is a liar, so it follows that everything on Breitbart has just been "fake news" too.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:50 PM

17,297 posts, read 12,225,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
not being Hillary is about my top 1000 reasons to have voted for and supportive of Donald John Trump.
But now Hilary is irrelevant so they are stuck with trying to defend his current behavior in a vacuum and cannot. Just don't want to talk about him any more. A few even openly ashamed that they voted for him.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:53 PM

27,541 posts, read 28,625,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Define â€working peopleâ€.

Is it only people working in a building trade?

Is it only people that works with their hands?

Is it only people that never went to college?

It’s certainly not everyone that works or voters in general, or Donald’s approval ratings wouldn’t still be in the toilet.
People dislike Trump's behavior and some of his rhetoric.

However, the majority of people agree with his overall policies, which is really what matters.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:57 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,904,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
People dislike Trump's behavior and some of his rhetoric.

However, the majority of people agree with his overall policies, which is really what matters.
And what policies are those?

His tax plan was wildly unpopular.

HC repeal has been a failure, and there's evidence people don't want to see the ACA dismantled (but rather, re-worked).

Marijuana legalization is wildly popular...

There are many other examples showing that his "policies" (if they're even "his"...I don't think he stands for really anything...other than himself) are not popular with the "majority" of Americans.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:00 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
And people I talk to say Trump is mentally retarded. Even the business owners say he's an idiot.
And yet he beat the smartest liberal woman running against him. Why is that?

Old 01-04-2018, 03:03 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,280,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
And yet he beat the smartest liberal woman running against him. Why is that?
Because, she was less popular than he was. I don't know why Trump supporters are using "smart" as a standard that should be railed against. Hillary was a horrible flawed candidate, not much different than Roy Moore in her own way. I can accept she was totally distasteful, but we should not be celebrating the ignorance and incompetence of our President as a good thing.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:05 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,210,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Because, she was less popular than he was. I don't know why Trump supporters are using "smart" as a standard that should be railed against. Hillary was a horrible flawed candidate, not much different than Roy Moore in her own way. I can accept she was totally distasteful, but we should not be celebrating the ignorance and incompetence of our President as a good thing.
Hillary is the smartest liberal according to liberals.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:07 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,280,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Hillary is the smartest liberal according to liberals.
So what? Smart doesn't equal likeable or electable.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:12 PM

6,258 posts, read 5,065,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
Careful.

Don't remember who it was, but somebody on here made the same observation not long ago, and was absolutely vilified.

But then.......that person was a conservative and you apparently are not, so there's that..........
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies