Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 02:37 PM

19,737 posts, read 11,980,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Here is a new one.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/04/sear...re-stores.html

Trump supporters should note the word "more" in the title of the story.
Your link is about a different store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Yeah, but that would require reading comprehension. Yikes.
You both are lacking reading comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 02:40 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,145,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Your link is about a different store.

You both are lacking reading comprehension.
The link is obviously about another store, hence the “here’s a new one”, but that poster’s point remains the same, so a ‘swing and a miss’ by you.

Not the first time in this thread, though.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:45 PM

12,905 posts, read 15,585,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
Have you bought anything Macy's would have had in their stores in the past three - five years? If so, you are looking at the responsible party, when you look in a mirror.

You and the millions of others who have shifted their predominate consumer behavior to on-line.

Y compris moi-même.
Actually, I shop at Macy's several times a year. One of the few places that I can get professional office attire. Tahari suits, Anne Klein dresses, etc. I am one of those "Fred Flinstone" types apparently because I need to go to the store and try clothes on. Yes, us women don't have the luxury of our clothing being evenly and reliably sized as men have over the past century.

I also order through Macy's online several times a year. Their online service is fantastic. I get my orders within 48 hours and returns are just as easy as Amazon. To me, they are great. The downside of them is that their stores are generally a mess and disorganized.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:53 PM

29,885 posts, read 18,733,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...res/ar-BBHRtZV

Trump's fault? You can bet if they were hiring 5,000, he'd be taking credit for it.
Compete of die, that's how business works. I applaud their competitors that have beaten them.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Compete of die, that's how business works. I applaud their competitors that have beaten them.
I'm not sure any competitors really beat them. They are all hanging on by a thread. I'm still trying to figure out what JCPenney did. That place is horrible inside.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:06 PM

19,737 posts, read 11,980,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
Actually, I shop at Macy's several times a year. One of the few places that I can get professional office attire. Tahari suits, Anne Klein dresses, etc. I am one of those "Fred Flinstone" types apparently because I need to go to the store and try clothes on. Yes, us women don't have the luxury of our clothing being evenly and reliably sized as men have over the past century.

I also order through Macy's online several times a year. Their online service is fantastic. I get my orders within 48 hours and returns are just as easy as Amazon. To me, they are great. The downside of them is that their stores are generally a mess and disorganized.
I do almost all of my shopping online, it’s so convenient to try on at home and mail back what doesn’t fit. The stores are so poorly staffed that it becomes unpleasant shop in them.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:09 PM

25,371 posts, read 17,034,318 times
Quote:
Macy's To Lay Off 5,000
Macy's problem; Macy employees problem. Lotsa changes going on everywhere all the time.

It's Schumer's district. Why don't we blame it on him?

Old 01-04-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I do almost all of my shopping online, it’s so convenient to try on at home and mail back what doesn’t fit. The stores are so poorly staffed that it becomes unpleasant shop in them.
I guess I live near a great Macy's (McLean, VA). Always well staffed and helpful workers but it is a very busy store.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:23 PM

33,801 posts, read 16,806,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Brick 'n mortar.

Fred Flintstone types shop there.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:25 PM

33,801 posts, read 16,806,148 times
Quote:
These are the cuts and store closures that they announced in August 2016 when they announced they would be closing 100 stores.
They are now at the stage of naming locations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies