Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2018, 09:06 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,571,948 times

Advertisements

I don't think you can label Feminism as one belief system, at least I can't. There seems to be reasonable Feminism, equal work for equal pay, etc, and then Radical, Men Hating, Feminism, and everything in between. I judge people as individuals, even Commie, Progressives. LOL!

Old 01-05-2018, 09:19 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,959,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
In Iran of all places, in America and the west we get patriotic hijabs and Linda Sarsour

https://twitter.com/cartermoore100/s...73168819884032
Feminism is empowering women, however they choose to live (so long as it doesn't negatively impact other women). In America hijab is a choice. A feminist respects a housewife as much as an executive, as long as the women act on their own agency.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:42 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladhands View Post
Feminism is empowering women, however they choose to live (so long as it doesn't negatively impact other women). In America hijab is a choice. A feminist respects a housewife as much as an executive, as long as the women act on their own agency.
Hear, hear.

Old 01-05-2018, 09:46 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Well stated. And much too nuanced for the OP's comprehension, who probably gets his views on feminism from Rush Limbaugh.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:06 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
I've never met a neo-feminist who believes that. They think SAHMs and housewives are idiots who are duped into believing that having a loving relationship and/or family matters. Because to them it does not.

What matters to today's feminists? Being pro-abortion, anti-marriage and anti-men. They are truly hate-filled and very scary to watch. Big Red anyone?

Old 01-05-2018, 11:14 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,071,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I've never met a neo-feminist who believes that. They think SAHMs and housewives are idiots who are duped into believing that having a loving relationship and/or family matters. Because to them it does not.

What matters to today's feminists? Being pro-abortion, anti-marriage and anti-men. They are truly hate-filled and very scary to watch. Big Red anyone?
No one is surprised that strong women who don't need or want men telling them what to do with their lives or their bodies would be threatening to you. Your posts on the thread about choice make that abundantly clear.

It's also clear you never met a feminist in your life. Your post here reads like a series of Rush Limbaugh talking points. Mindless blather without substance.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:15 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,863,526 times
Quote:

Complete BS! You interact with feminists on here all the time and NONE of us stand for any of the crazy things you said there.

There is a pattern here on CD though...you never pass up a chance to take a swipe at women. Who hurt you so badly?

Old 01-05-2018, 11:16 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,555,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridapilot View Post
In Iran of all places, in America and the west we get patriotic hijabs and Linda Sarsour

https://twitter.com/cartermoore100/s...73168819884032
Am I supposed to know who that person is? I don't.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,939,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
No one is surprised that strong women who don't need or want men telling them what to do with their lives or their bodies would be threatening to you. Your posts on the thread about choice make that abundantly clear.

It's also clear you never met a feminist in your life. Your post here reads like a series of Rush Limbaugh talking points. Mindless blather without substance.
You misread my posts.

Neofeminism is not about equality. It is about rights above and beyond equality. it is about destruction of the family.

There are no neofeminist views that include marriage or motherhood. True, classic feminism does include them, as it aimed to support all women.

Facts aren't threatening.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:23 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:

I seriously question if you know any feminists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies