Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 08:04 PM

15,798 posts, read 6,239,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yspobo View Post
What made me doubt it was all the parents and family members smiling after the event and Mr. Parker having to get into character and act sad before an interview just hours after his daughter was supposedly gunned down. None of them were grieving at all.

I don't think Koresh was a decent man in any way. I don't think the government is telling the whole story either though. I am a victim of child rape and was forced to marry my rapist, but he was a government worker and the government covered for him. So, I tend to doubt that the government cares anything about rape victims unless it serves its agenda of the moment.
****ing *******s! I'm sorry that happened to you. I don't think the government "cares" either. That's not their function. It's people that cover for these people and someone should have stepped in for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 08:44 PM

36,857 posts, read 17,256,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
You're not in the US? Government cares about a lot of things I don't because there are some citizens that do. I don't think pot should be illegal but right now it's majority rules. It's a trade off sometimes. Sometimes government is just downright inept.

I'm interested on what you mean by "monopoly of force'? Are you advocating citizens using force? Do you think Koresh was within his rights to do what he did? I see Waco as resting on the heads of the religious more than anything. Of course I'll see it that way because I was a child in a cult when all the adults around me looked the other way like that shopkeeper sticking up for Koresh. How about you call these abusers out once in awhile?

Your last sentence makes no sense to me.
It would be too much of a hijack to go over these points because we are getting into philosophical nuts and bolts and the thread will stall.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:06 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,722,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
A valid point in regard to Reno. Waco wasn't the only misuse of force by Reno and the Clinton Administration. Ruby Ridge was another. Ruby ridge more than Waco is what pushed many on the right to become anti-government. Ruby ridge inspired the creation of more than a few militias. Ruby Ridge and Waco are said to be what motivated the Oklahoma City bombing.

Waco. I remember when it happened. As a nation we were stunned. People can try to make excuses for the heavy handed use of force, but the America I love is supposed to be better than that. The police knew that the compound had many children inside.
Don't forget this one. The left went after a boy in full swat gear locked and loaded to deport this kid.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eli%C3%A1n_Gonz%C3%A1lez

Fast forward to the present day and the left falls all over themselves to let them all in free of charge.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:34 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,196,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
unlike you, I'm opposed to law enforcement using chemical warfare on US citizens no matter their political affiliation. Its called ethical consistency, you should try it sometime.
I'll keep that in mind next time something like police brutality or tear gas is used on liberals and/or minorities.

Old 01-08-2018, 04:37 AM

Quote:
What made me doubt it was all the parents and family members smiling after the event and Mr. Parker having to get into character and act sad before an interview just hours after his daughter was supposedly gunned down. None of them were grieving at all.
This makes me sick. Yes, Sandy Hook actually happened.

How utterly disgusting to act as if those children never existed.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:06 AM

56,952 posts, read 25,891,016 times
Quote:

Yes and you know that because you have facts to support it from a legitimate source.

You don't think Koresh was a decent man, talk about going out on a limb.

Old 01-08-2018, 07:06 AM

19,684 posts, read 10,008,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
This makes me sick. Yes, Sandy Hook actually happened.

How utterly disgusting to act as if those children never existed.
I think it happened, but why is no one answering the myriad of questions about it that make no sense?
The news reports of the school being closed years before. The fact that no utilities or internet was on. Why will they not answer the hundreds of questions?

Old 01-08-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
I think it happened, but why is no one answering the myriad of questions about it that make no sense?
The news reports of the school being closed years before. The fact that no utilities or internet was on. Why will they not answer the hundreds of questions?
Maybe because the questions are absolutely ridiculous and don't really deserve a response.

I recently watched an episode of Special Books by Special Kids. Its a YouTube channel dedicated to education on those with disabilities. This particular episode featured a young woman with schizophrenia. When asked by the interviewer if she was currently experiencing a hallucination, the young woman declined to answer saying, "If I say yes and you ask where it is, it makes the hallucination real."

I feel like the same logic could be used with mass shooting hoax believers. I've never seen one of these believers be satisfied with any answers that contradict their beliefs. In fact, it seems when questions are answered, hoax believers use those answers to further "prove" a conspiracy has taken place.

But if you REALLY want answers, start at these links:

https://www.salon.com/2013/01/18/you...piracy_theory/

https://mylespower.co.uk/2018/01/06/...racy-theories/

The Sandy Hook Hoax

Old 01-08-2018, 10:17 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,143,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Probably shouldn't have, but David Karen was a perverted freak, like Warren Jeffs, and Jim Jones, and bears just as much responsibility as anyone.
Yes...I blame David Koresh for most of it.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:36 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,470,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
If David Koresh has left the premise and given himself up, the stand off would have ended. Instead, Koresh sacrificed everyone in the compound. A most cowardly action. Anyone trying to make Koresh a hero or martyr should be ashamed of themselves.
I hope you are joking? LOL

I dont think much of Koresh, but I have more respect for him over the US govt/ ATF any day!

Its kind of strange today, anti-govt protesters only have some level of credibility if they never resort to violence or breaking laws, but when the tables are turned, and its the Govt that resorts to violence and breaking laws, its suddenly OK and they should get a pass?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies