Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2018, 09:48 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,030,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
DOH!

Reread the thread and you will find my entire point is that it is hyperbole to accuse the government of using "chemical weapons," when they simply used tear gas.

You know, the same tear gas "chemical weapon" that is used by police departments every day in the United States.
It seems you are confusing the term "chemical weapons" with "weapons of mass destruction".

Tear gas, CS, both are indeed chemical weapons.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 09:50 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,660,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
He couldn't surrender. No one was trying to apprehend him!
What?

What did he think the government was doing for those 51 days?

They were talking to him every day. He even promised to surrender multiple times, before going back on his word.

I watched the whole thing play out on TV, as did David Koresh, and there was no confusion about what was going on.

Am I living in some kind of bizarro world?

Old 01-06-2018, 09:53 PM

45,221 posts, read 26,431,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It seems you are confusing the term "chemical weapons" with "weapons of mass destruction".

Yes and tear gas is actually banned from wartime use by international treaty, but okay for police depts here in the states to use on us.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:54 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
What?

What did he think the government was doing for those 51 days?

They were talking to him every day. He even promised to surrender multiple times, before going back on his word.

I watched the whole thing play out on TV, as did David Koresh, and there was no confusion about what was going on.

Am I living in some kind of bizarro world?
Yes, you are.

There was no arrest warrant.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post

What?

I'm not confusing anything.

An earlier poster complained about the government using "chemical weapons" and left it at that.

I said that was hyperbole and pointed out that tear gas is used by law enforcement every day in this country and I find that use of the term "chemical weapons" instead of the term "tear gas" to be hyperbole.

Please read the entire thread.

I am not saying "tear gas" is not technically "chemical weapons."

I NEVER said that.

I just wish people would have been more straightforward and said "the government used tear gas" rather than "the government used chemical weapons."

You and I both know what the inference was.

Old 01-06-2018, 09:59 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yes and tear gas is actually banned from wartime use by international treaty, but okay for police depts here in the states to use on us.
We should feel honored.

Nothing but the best for our own!

Old 01-06-2018, 10:00 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jencam View Post
One of them was 11. She spoke on the special the other night. Yes, he was a statutory rapist. But, being that it was a cult, and the mothers were giving him their daughters, I am sorry but there was no EMERGENCY to shut that down this way.
Did you just pull a Roy Moore?

Old 01-06-2018, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Yes, you are.

There was no arrest warrant.
Wrong.

https://www.justice.gov/publications...s-introduction

Quote:
On the morning of Sunday, February 28, 1993, agents of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms (ATF) attempted to serve an arrest warrant for Vernon Howell, a/k/a David Koresh, and a search warrant at the Branch Davidian compound near Waco, Texas. The arrest warrant charged Koresh with unlawful possession of a destructive device, in violation of 26 United States Code, section 5845(f).

Prove that wrong.

Every link that tries to prove that false is to some FAKE NEWS website.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Did you just pull a Roy Moore?
He or she ABSOLUTELY did!

My post about that has been buried, but here is what I said in response to that:

Quote:
There it is, ladies and gentleman.

"There is a context to it."

That is the exact same thing the Roy Moore defenders said. You know, "well, in Alabama, there is a context to those things."

Nonsense.

Cult or not, raping a child is wrong, and it is unbelievable that anyone in a civilized society would try to put forth ANY defense for the rape of a child.

Unbelievable.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:11 PM

15,864 posts, read 6,320,150 times
Quote:
He or she ABSOLUTELY did!

My post about that has been buried, but here is what I said in response to that:
Some people see having sex with a child as a sin just like if you had sex with an adult you were not married to. They don't get it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies