Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 05:42 PM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
There are ways around that criminal history question law. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Or the government would kill me. Or maybe both. I don't know anything for sure at this point.

We also have a new law that bans employers from asking applicants about their prior salaries. It's suppose to help close the so-called gender pay gap. There are ways around that one too but once again...we'd have to start killing each other if I told you.

Yep, where there is a big gap in work history.....hmmmm....well geee what were you up to?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2018, 05:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,607,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Missouri. My daughter talked me into moving to moving here when I retired.
Ah, the show me state...lol.

Folks complain about people in Chicago sometimes, but I think that while we're not the friendliest lot, we're pretty friendly. And being from the midwest we can smell horse **** a mile away.

Old 01-07-2018, 06:11 PM

18,563 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
  • Individuals may now change their gender designation on their birth certificate even if they haven't had surgery to undergo gender transition. (No suggestion on how LEO's will pursue an offender who was described as one gender, but whose record shows another gender.)
Scary.

Old 01-07-2018, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Scary.
Not for the perpetrator..lol.

Old 01-08-2018, 12:02 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
When it comes to LEO and someones gender, I would assume LE will be forced to recognize whatever gender the offender claims to be. Otherwise they could face lawsuits and public backlash if they ever tried to place a transgender male into a female jail section and vice versa.

Old 01-08-2018, 05:53 AM

5,172 posts, read 4,943,999 times
Quote:
It seems like they enacted several laws in 2018 geared toward protecting illegals in CA. Since they're so proud of thumbing their nose at the law and being a sanctuary dump, they should be cut off from sucking on the government teat. Wean those idiots off and let them do their own thing.
I think Pres. Trump wanted to do that but the COURTS ruled that he can't.

Old 01-08-2018, 06:33 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
There are ways around that criminal history question law. I could tell you but then I'd have to kill you. Or the government would kill me. Or maybe both. I don't know anything for sure at this point.

We also have a new law that bans employers from asking applicants about their prior salaries. It's suppose to help close the so-called gender pay gap. There are ways around that one too but once again...we'd have to start killing each other if I told you.

This law helps eliminate the information gap between applicants and employers. Most employers will not tell you the full salary range for a position, giving you limited information with which to negotiate, but they insist on knowing your previous salaries, so they can base the offer on what they think you will take. Most people I know have either undercut themselves by suggesting a salary below the prevailing wage, or illuminated themselves by setting their salary requirements too high, in an effort to prevent being low-balled, at least ONCE in their careers. Accepting one lowball offer can lock person into below-market wages for the rest of their career, because we’re not supposed to talk about salary.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikMal View Post
I think Pres. Trump wanted to do that but the COURTS ruled that he can't.
No need to be so dramatic, I'm venting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
When it comes to LEO and someones gender, I would assume LE will be forced to recognize whatever gender the offender claims to be. Otherwise they could face lawsuits and public backlash if they ever tried to place a transgender male into a female jail section and vice versa.
You're talking about a different scenario, though. I'm talking about a report being filed with the police by a victim and the police looking for a woman, even though the birth certificate has the offender recorded as a male. I think this is going to make it harder for LEO's to find offenders.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,594,254 times
Quote:
No need to be so dramatic, I'm venting.

You're talking about a different scenario, though. I'm talking about a report being filed with the police by a victim and the police looking for a woman, even though the birth certificate has the offender recorded as a male. I think this is going to make it harder for LEO's to find offenders.
Yes, i see what you are saying, but really, if everyone else is legally forced to recognize their choice, LE should be no different, even if that means a huge inconvenience for them.

Plus, the trans could use this to their advantage in attempting to avoid being caught by police.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies