Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 03:57 PM

25,570 posts, read 17,281,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
...............My personal laugh over the far-right's hatred of Obama-care - ignoring the fact that the ACA was originally a RIGHT-WING plan meant to prevent universal healthcare - is that, in theory, they should be supporting it.......
Suddenly, that is Lefties new talking point. It was a Right Wing plan all along, they say, so we Right Wingers should be supportive. Forever.

Same with Obamaphone. It was a Right Wing idea. So all Right Wingers have to support it. Forever.

Nonsense. It was a bad law and that's why it is becoming extinct. Your transparent attempt to humiliate, embarrass or intimidate conservatives into supporting Obamacare is laughable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2018, 03:58 PM

30,430 posts, read 21,248,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Geez you drank all the kool-aid. Obamacare was so bad people voted for a man who promised to get rid of it. Doesn't that tell you anything? It should.

My HC insurance was very good, a hell of a lot better than after Obamacare and geared toward my families needs, not some strangers needs like Obamacare was. Pre Obamacare, I had the right to choose. After Obamacare, my choice was taken away, although I didn't want to pay sky high premiums for a policy that didn't meet my needs, gov't forced me to, that's tyranny.
I agree.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:03 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,033,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Suddenly, that is Lefties new talking point. It was a Right Wing plan all along, they say, so we Right Wingers should be supportive. Forever.

Same with Obamaphone. It was a Right Wing idea. So all Right Wingers have to support it. Forever.

Nonsense. It was a bad law and that's why it is becoming extinct. Your transparent attempt to humiliate, embarrass or intimidate conservatives into supporting Obamacare is laughable.
Ah, so now the facts are "leftie's new talking points!" Well, we know right-wingers aren't interested in them, so there you go!

Hmmm... more childish name calling and drivel... yep, exactly what I'd expect from a right-winger.

While the ACA had its flaws, what, exactly, is your party's proposing other than once again allowing people to pass their healthcare costs off to others (no mandate) and allowing insurance companies to provide basically nothing for the money (gutting the ACA in general)?

If you think those are good ideas - and that is all the right-wing clown car in DC has proposed so far - than you've just demonstrated why trusting the far-right on this issue is utterly foolish.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:03 PM

15,530 posts, read 10,499,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
A junk policy was one you paid for but couldn't afford to use and that was Obamacare for many people.
No kidding, I loved my policy before Obamacare.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:04 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Great move. Adding choice rocks.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
No kidding, I loved my policy before Obamacare.
Which means the ACA simply needed to be fixed. Nobody is arguing that. It had flaws, yes, like every single new thing introduced in human history.

But all Trump has done is gone backwards - basically giving up and once against allowing people to pass their healthcare costs off to others and encouraging more crappy coverage from insurance companies. Yeah, now it may be more affordable - and you'll get even less for what you pay.

This is absurd. Nearly every other developed nation on the planet has found a way to put together a decent healthcare system. I find it laughable that we're to believe we "just can't do it" in America, and moving backwards is now the same as moving forwards.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Great move. Adding choice rocks.
Choice is good... if people are getting anything for their money. That remains to be seen here. Paying less - and getting even less than that - is not progress.

Now, if it DOES work, than good, since more competition is a good thing in this industry.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:10 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Choice is good....
in all cases.

What you fear is competition which will reduce quantity trapped onto ACA plans.

I understand as ACA = garbage. Overpriced, deductibles huge.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:10 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,628,376 times
Well how does that work? I'm also in Idaho. Can I change right now to something that is more reasonable? I'm paying a thousand dollars a month to cover two of us and don't need maternity or mental health stuff. What people don't want to have to do is actually read all the pages of the policy they are buying. The only way to make that unnecessary is to make every policy cover everything. I would rather pay less because I don't need coverage for things that don't apply to me.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:22 PM

39,868 posts, read 26,503,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
A junk policy was one you paid for but couldn't afford to use and that was Obamacare for many people.
Especially when it hat $6-8K deductibles, on top of a premium cost. Lousy coverage-at a high price. Just what we don't need. And finally we will have options-at least in my state.

We will be getting back to being able to by the catastrophic care insurance (aka major medical) that we need to prevent bankruptcy, but avoid paying for "maintenance" insurance that does so much to drive the costs to obscene levels.

Now, here's the thing. If you like your Obamacare, you can actually KEEP your Obamacare. If you like paying obscene premiums for lousy coverage, no one is stopping you. But now you have a choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies